Author Topic: Free now starting to force WAV taxi drivers to take wheelchair jobs? Thoughts?  (Read 5357 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
No, I don't drive a WAV... keeping the "naan vans" working for Free Now is of no advantage to me.

Offline mercenary for hire

Something occurred to me yesterday...nobody ever mentions the 15 year rule for wheelies.Is it possible some of their drivers don't even realise they can be worked until they're 15.

I wonder how they're holding up under bigger mileage.

Offline silverbullet

Something occurred to me yesterday...nobody ever mentions the 15 year rule for wheelies.Is it possible some of their drivers don't even realise they can be worked until they're 15.

A 15 year old French heap, dis ya ever hear the likes?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
I was passed by a 1998 Hiace on Saturday night... while travelling on the M1 at the maximum permissible speed of 80 kilos/hour I might add.

Online markmiwurdz

. keeping the "naan vans" working for Free Now is of no advantage to me.

Naan Vans  rofl rofl

Offline Taxi driver42

Peugeot wont make 15
Lucky to make 8 on high milsge

dalymount

What is a bleedin naan can , will yis talk English ffs?

Offline Shallowhal

It's mainly Indian/Pakistani driving them....hence the Naan Van reference.

Offline Taxi driver42

It's mainly Indian/Pakistani driving them....hence the Naan Van reference.

A Indian guy told me he hates the Peugeot  it reminds him.of a ambulance they have back home
Like driving a ambulance he said

Offline mercenary for hire

Some of them Partners are coming in with only 10000 miles on them.They look nearly new.Something to do with generous grants for disabled folks in the UK.I think they're poxy looking but reckon a bloke doing 25k a year might make one last a bit longer.Maybe even until 15 years.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
A Indian guy told me he hates the Peugeot  it reminds him.of a ambulance they have back home
Like driving a ambulance he said

Plenty lot of taximen work for the emergency services. A lot of the lads in the retained fire service in the beautiful seaside resort town of Balbriggan drive cabs for a living and I know at least one taxman who works for DFB.

The Liffey Lip

How long did Frank Carson live in Balbriggan?...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
I don't know, LL. I know he moved here in the 50s after spending his honeymoon here and served at least one term as Lord Mayor. It was well before my time but proposals to name a street or landmark in his honour still surface from time to time, he was certainly in the running for Harry Reynolds Road. Maybe there'll be something in the redevelopment/destruction of the harbour or the proposed extension of the nature trail/walkway to Skerries but don't hold your breath.

The Liffey Lip

Well, ok, but every line-up he did that lasted longer than 10 mins he mentioned the "beautiful"...."seaside"...."resort" of etc...just thought you were aping him a bit there............I did think he was funny, btw.........Crossword Clue...7 across....8 down..."Flightless bird from Iceland".......

Frozen Chicken.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
I wasn't intentionally quoting or paraphrasing him.

Show Unread Posts