Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 110024 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2019, 04:34:01 pm »
If you tell them your fucked they might suspend or even cancel your policy or worser treble your renewal quote, say nothing it what id do.
+10
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

dalymount

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2019, 05:03:05 pm »
Problem with that is ,if you dont tell them and you have an accident your  policy will be invaladated so you might as well have no insurance at all

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2019, 05:09:44 pm »
Problem with that is ,if you dont tell them and you have an accident your  policy will be invaladated so you might as well have no insurance at all

You might not be around to give a fuk......i know....there's a guy with a heart trying to get out here....oh ffs.....i'm makin it worster....i'll leave now!!

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2019, 05:27:22 pm »
Dalymount if it is any consolation to you my wife was in the same boat 2 years ago.She had a heart attack and did not realise it.She went to her GP(Sam Nasser of tax dodge fame) complaining of a pain in her collar bone.He examined her,came out to me in the car and told me to get her to the Blackrock clinic straight away.They quickly diagnosed that her Aortic valve was not working right.It cost 550 Euro for the tests,but it was the best money I ever spent.

She was transferred by ambulance to the Mater private and was operated on 3 days later.The surgery took about 4 hours and she was released from hospital 8 days later.She could not drive for 6 weeks and did not go back to work for 4 months.By the way the same surgeons that work in the Mater private do all the cardiac work in the main Mater hospital so you are in good hands.The only reason she was in the private is because her co pay VHI for us.The level of care is the same in both hospitals.

Like yourself her problem was hereditary and all her family including nieces and nephews and our own daughter had to have tests carried out to check their hearts.Her younger sister was found to have the same problem.She had her Aortic valve replaced 3 months later.All the others were clear.

I can honestly say the wife is like a new woman since the op.So do not be worried about it.You will come out the other side like a new man.I am quite sure you will be back cheering your beloved Boh's at the first home game of the season with a new roar in your voice.

Best wishes

Martin
Yes Tom Dunne, the music guy from Newstalk, and frontman with "Something Happens" had that same op last year, and is now chirpier than ever.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2019, 05:55:58 pm »
Yes Tom Dunne, the music guy from Newstalk, and frontman with "Something Happens" had that same op last year, and is now chirpier than ever.

He even encouraged people to take a parachute and jump..you can't stay here forever!!

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2019, 06:51:30 pm »
Best wishes and a speedy recovery , inshallah .

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2019, 06:54:09 pm »
Best of luck Dalymount, im sure things will work out and you will be at plenty of Bohs games yet.

Offline Frank d sociopath

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2019, 07:01:28 pm »
The fact that im on my last legs,and frankie the undertaker makes a come back,is this pure coincidence ?

Iva noze fer deez tingz..evein at nite i kan smeel
A graive yaird ...an derz a smeel o toe tag offya
Ya kuncha..

Frankey  ::fds
Ifn i don knowz ya den fuk ya

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2019, 07:04:03 pm »
Question for tis.I dont think ill be back driving a taxi at all,but certainly not for the next 3 months at least.question is this can I cancel my insurance for that period of 3 months,or do I have to continu paying it throuhout the time ill ill be in here plus recovery time
Dalyer, I was out for 2 X 6 week periods this year after Total Hip replacement surgery.
On both occasions I rang and suspended the insurance.
I then reactivated it on resumption of work.
You get credit when you start it again.

On another note, my friend Eric (75) was diagnosed with several blockages.
He went down this avenue but it takes great discipline:

https://youtu.be/ZC3wRx4vV7g

https://youtu.be/EqKNfyUPzoU

He says he now feels stronger and fitter than ever.

Offline Belker

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2019, 07:13:31 am »
Question for tis.I dont think ill be back driving a taxi at all,but certainly not for the next 3 months at least.question is this can I cancel my insurance for that period of 3 months,or do I have to continu paying it throuhout the time ill ill be in here plus recovery time
I found this on the Axa website;

If you’ll be away for less than a year:

If you have other named drivers on your policy who will be driving your car while you’re away, you should keep the policy as-is.
If your car won’t be used for 28 days or more, you can suspend your insurance instead of cancelling it. All you have to do is return your certificate and disc to your insurer. This will give you a pro-rata refund of 75% of the premium you paid at the last renewal date for the suspension period based on the amount of time your car is out of use. Keep in mind there could be some administration fees with this.
If you suspend your policy, you and any other named driver(s) will have no cover to drive the car, but you may still be covered against fire or theft. Check the specific terms of your coverage to be sure this applies to you.
If you are having too much fun to come home and decide to extend your time abroad, taking you into a new period of insurance, your best option is to cancel your contract.

Full Axa details; https://www.axa.ie/help/article/policy-holders-with-a-ncd-moving-abroad/

dalymount

« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2019, 07:32:43 am »
Ya see I pay by the month,not all together in one go

Offline Belker

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2019, 07:36:52 am »
Im the most negitive fukker you could ever meet.I even keep saying to them that although there is a 98%success rate,ill probably be in the 2%
I would Not agree there DM, I remember having some serious problems a few years back and I turned to You fer help DM.
Did I get a Negative response ?
NO, I Fookin Didn't !
I got the most positive overwhelming respectful response ever possible and it is far from forgotten by me.

If'n I ever got a message from you that my Help was required by You DM ?
Then the only questions from me would be "When" and "Where" !

And P.S.
I (fer once) agree with Tony, a Full service is better than an Oil change !

Offline Belker

« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2019, 07:39:12 am »
Ya see I pay by the month,not all together in one go
Some one on here will know the full story.

Offline Belker

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2019, 07:41:44 am »
The fact that im on my last legs,and frankie the undertaker makes a come back,is this pure coincidence ?

Iva noze fer deez tingz..evein at nite i kan smeel
A graive yaird ...an derz a smeel o toe tag offya
Ya kuncha..

Frankey  ::fds
What ever else you do, DON'T FOOKIN DIE DM, let de Kount wait !  rofl

dalymount

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2019, 07:50:27 am »
Well the plan is not to Ken,but its out of my hands

Show Unread Posts