Public Area > Help and Suggestions

Who owns the internet?

(1/6) > >>

Bob Shillin:
 Can internet giants effecively rule the world? Where is the ultimate authority, or controller of the internet. Can it ever be shut down, or even secions of it? See That Google have just been fined €1.5 billion, the third fine for them in 2 years. Are these financial penalties, effectively, the only sanctions available against internet giants? Could they ever be shut down, and by what authority? If their search engine was to be shut down: is that even possible, can that leave email open etc?

Vikkiz:
To answer your last question, I believe so. I be
I eve they are all separate entities within the Google brand, meaning Google is the main company name but inside it there is a R&D Dept, a Gmail division, google+(soon to be switched off), YouTube etc etc etc.

The Liffey Lip:
Googles fine equates to 1.3% of turnover..........they're taking the piss.

Bob Shillin:

--- Quote from: Vikkiz on March 20, 2019, 10:01:59 pm ---To answer your last question, I believe so. I be
I eve they are all separate entities within the Google brand, meaning Google is the main company name but inside it there is a R&D Dept, a Gmail division, google+(soon to be switched off), YouTube etc etc etc.

--- End quote ---
What if they don't want anything switched off, who has the power to switch them off?

The Liffey Lip:
He'll never reveal himself...the hidden hand........ rofl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version