Author Topic: Taxi meter re programming  (Read 84459 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Taxi meter re programming
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2018, 12:22:53 pm »
Got the same text myself!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2018, 12:48:24 pm »
Indeed but you're equipped to click the link and discover that all you need to do is book a sealing appointment. The Nokia men don't know or want to know what the internet is.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2018, 12:51:35 pm »
A little off topic but I've noticed that ladies of the night tend to use old Nokias as their work phones. They clearly have smartphones as they Hail0 us but then hand you a little old Nokia with the destination address displayed in a text message. I wonder why?

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2018, 12:59:54 pm »
does anyone know where i can get my semitron meter recalibrated in connacht or even somewhere in the midlands, don't want to have to go to Dublin to have it done.

Chap in limerick does them,
Could be closer than Dublin for you,
He could be doing some in Galway on a certain day so worth a try,

Offline watty

« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2018, 01:04:40 pm »
Software for ATA meters not available until Fri or Sat week! Should be interesting if stopped next week by NTA inspectors.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2018, 01:53:14 pm »
you have to be resealed and everything by 01 February.
that's not happening in a million years.
I'm dreading having to ring that mope over in skan taxi.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2018, 02:48:15 pm »
The meter doesn't have to be sealed. Once it is reprogrammed you only have to book a sealing appointment. However, you may not under any circumstances work with a meter that hasn't been reprogrammed.

Offline Korky

« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2018, 02:49:55 pm »
You need to be resealed or have an appointment booked for same by feb 1... there are currently no appointments available at any time. You couldn’t make it up.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2018, 02:56:12 pm »
Joe Public will be on to Mr. Duffy complaining that he can't get a taxi and all his neighbours that drive cabs are on the piss except for the immigrants.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2018, 03:01:32 pm »
DEADLINE – 01 FEBRUARY

The Maximum Taxi Fare changes on 01 February.

All taximeters must be programmed (calibrated) AND sealed (verified) with the new fare in order to operate from 01 February 2018.

Calibration is completed by a private taximeter installer of your choice. Verification is completed by Legal Metrology Services (LMS) through its contractor Applus. NTA is not involved in either of these contracts. It is up to the taxi operator to arrange for both calibration and verification in good time.

In circumstances where this is not possible, the taxi may not be operated unless formal evidence from LMS of a verification appointment is provided on the spot by the driver to An Garda Síochána or NTA Compliance Officers.

Operating with a taximeter not appropriately calibrated and verified will attract a fine of €60 up to €250 depending on the circumstances.

Please contact LMS now on 01 413 5951 to book a taximeter verification appointment.

Offline Belker

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2018, 03:29:38 pm »
You need to be resealed or have an appointment booked for same by feb 1... there are currently no appointments available at any time. You couldn’t make it up.

I was on to Applus today and was offered 29th Jan which I refused because I'm not too sure the new increase will go through smoothly.
I'm not sealing my meter before the fare increase date.
After Feb 1st Applus could offer me nothing, only to take my name and number with a promise to ring me back.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2018, 03:35:21 pm »
I booked for an appointment on Monday,was given Thurs Feb 1st,i'll be checking the meter at midnight to make sure the new programne kicks in.

Offline Belker

« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2018, 03:44:08 pm »
A little off topic but I've noticed that ladies of the night tend to use old Nokias as their work phones. They clearly have smartphones as they Hail0 us but then hand you a little old Nokia with the destination address displayed in a text message. I wonder why?

Most likely they have a smartphone fer personal and social media use and also an old 'Ready to Go' Nokia which is strictly fer business use only, the thinking being that de John or Ol Bill could never trace an old Nokia on a Pay as you go plan.
This is the way the person who took over my old business works.

Offline Belker

« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2018, 03:50:02 pm »
I booked for an appointment on Monday,was given Thurs Feb 1st,i'll be checking the meter at midnight to make sure the new programne kicks in.

I was on the dog to Applus today and I pushed yerman fer what time the increase starts on Feb 1st,
he checked but found only Feb 1st on his system, to further discourage optimism he added;
"I guess it will be Midnight !"

Offline watty

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2018, 05:47:22 pm »
Not sure why the NTA has the push on to get the meters done by Feb 1st.  If you use the 'old' tariff, you're basically giving people a discount and losing money yourself?

Show Unread Posts