Author Topic: Taxi meter re programming  (Read 84467 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Taxi meter re programming
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2018, 02:20:03 pm »
I think it's off the M50... the satnav should know the rest.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2018, 02:42:47 pm »
To be fair, it's hard to beat SDA for service... both of us lost 10/15 mins, Hal.

Conversely... I'm told Tetas mirror meters can be reprogrammed from Thurs at Scan ATM, open 7am - 7pm, first come first served, €75.

Scan's logic for not doing the Tetas earlier despite it being capable of containing a dual program:
The memory is only capable of holding so many years in it's calendar therefore in order to guarantee the 4 years required by the NTA the old program has to be deleted, if both programs are stored at once then the memory is insufficient to store the full calendar for the new program and a year would be lost, I guess that's why the LMS didn't approve it?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2018, 02:45:24 pm »
Just to remind myself that we live in Ireland I rang the meter seal crowd for an appointment. Calling it a shambles is being generous. I'm told they have nothing available but I'm on a priority list (despite my advising them that all I need is a reference number, explaining that priority is neither here nor there as I'm in no panic) for Ballymount. Apparently they're not doing them in Ballymun at all. The operator did advise me to note her name and the date/time as all calls are logged so, presumably, transcripts will be available should it prove necessary to demonstrate their incompetence to a judge on foot of a summons...

I have an appointment for Ballymun on Thurs.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2018, 03:47:37 pm »
So the lying cunt was lying, I suspected as much. How annoying.

Offline dubman

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2018, 04:10:41 pm »
Anyone know whats the story regarding Halda meters and new fare increase.Was onto south dublin autos who supplied meter and they say they cant get chip with new programme.Dont fancy having to buy new meter.Is anyone else doing halda programme?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 04:52:40 pm by dubman »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2018, 04:14:27 pm »

Probably,
The Applus inspector doing my licence renewal told me it's done around the back of Northpoint 1,i know my car can't be put on the rolling road so it's a road trip.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2018, 07:45:11 pm »
Anyone know whats the story regarding Halda meters and new fare increase.Was onto south dublin autos who supplied meter and they say they cant get chip with new programme.Dont fancy having to buy new meter.Is anyone else doing halda programme?

Programme not yet approved by LMS so no installer has yet submitted a sufficient programme.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2018_Taximeter_Program_Update_22-01-18.pdf

SDA is still advertising the Halda M12 on it's website (https://www.psv.ie/taxi-shop/taxi-meters/m12-halda-taxi-meter/) - interestingly it's features state that "A pending tariff change can be pre-loaded into the M12 and a date set for the tariff to come into force automatically, saving you valuable time and money"

Maybe get on to Stuart and ask him to replace it free of charge as it's not fit for purpose if it can't be programmed to the correct fare?

Offline watty

« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2018, 07:58:48 pm »
My ATA meter is in the same boat as Halda - no official update approved yet.  Supposed to happen this Fri/Sat for ATA.

I'm guessing/hoping that getting an appointment for re-sealing will cover us to work while we wait...

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi-and-bus-licensing/deadline-01-february/
In circumstances where this is not possible, the taxi may not be operated unless formal evidence from LMS of a verification appointment is provided on the spot by the driver to An Garda Síochána or NTA Compliance Officers.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2018, 09:13:38 pm »
I got ballymun too. Well at least i heard Northpoint 1 so I’m presuming it’s Ballymun

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2018, 09:17:37 pm »
My ATA meter is in the same boat as Halda - no official update approved yet.  Supposed to happen this Fri/Sat for ATA.

I'm guessing/hoping that getting an appointment for re-sealing will cover us to work while we wait...

In circumstances where this is not possible, the taxi may not be operated unless formal evidence from LMS of a verification appointment is provided on the spot by the driver to An Garda Síochána or NTA Compliance Officers.

It seems...as expected that there would be a rush on for the reprogramming and sealing!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2018, 11:58:28 am »

You're not supposed to book a sealing appointment until your meter is reprogrammed hence you shouldn't rely on that provision to operate with a meter that is not programmed to the applicable maximum fare.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2018, 12:54:08 pm »
Probably,
The Applus inspector doing my licence renewal told me it's done around the back of Northpoint 1,i know my car can't be put on the rolling road so it's a road trip.

Definitely. I'll express my dissatisfaction when they call me back.

The last couple of times they had a shed out the back at Ballymun for the manly cars with gearboxes. The more feminine automatics had to be road tested with apparatus fitted to the wheels. Before that it was done at the Boyne Valley hotel with the inspector sitting in for a short drive, no apparatus required. Before that it was done in Poppintree with some vehicles on a rolling road and others going for a short drive, again with no apparatus required. Before that it was done in the Phoenix Park with a short drive between the milestones, no apparatus. Bubba will have to tell us how it was done before that but I think the process involved measuring the length of the horse's legs and suchlike.

Offline watty

« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2018, 05:54:24 pm »

You're not supposed to book a sealing appointment until your meter is reprogrammed hence you shouldn't rely on that provision to operate with a meter that is not programmed to the applicable maximum fare.

True enough.  But if my meter gets done on Sat, I won't be able to book an appointment until Monday.  That's too long to be off the road for something that's not my fault.

'They' say that the inspectors usually hang around Heuston and the airport.  So if I avoid picking up people with suitcases, I should be alright  O:-)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2018, 06:19:52 pm »
Aplus+ rang me back today, still no availability in Ballymun which they said is being "phased out" in favour of Ballymount. What a loada bullshit! Anywaysanall I got an appointment for Greenhills on 3rd March. As one is allowed to cancel without penalty up to 48 hours before the test I will call to cancel at the end of February and see if Ballymun has availability then. If not I'll change to a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2018, 06:33:43 pm »
heard an absolute beaut there earlier on.
Joe, a fella told me that everything is connected to the system now. If you don't get your meter changed and sealed by 01 February the Gardai know about it and they'll send you out an automatic fine.  lol

Show Unread Posts