Author Topic: The Brexodus  (Read 354083 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: The Brexodus
« Reply #630 on: July 27, 2019, 04:02:56 pm »
It takes all kinds of everything John.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #631 on: July 29, 2019, 10:18:59 am »
Does anyone else think borris is very similar to Churchill?  Apparently he goes around on his bike waving to everyone like a clown and Churchill used to ride the underground....upper class tits but men of the people . And they all thought Churchill was a bafoon baboon aswell......
 Untill he gave it to Germany up the gicker

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #632 on: July 29, 2019, 10:22:50 am »
Yeah, I can see that and that's what he plays on.Someone was saying last week that he used to mess up his hair deliberately before being interviewed.The whole idiot routine has worked well for him so far.Now he has the top job.

Have yis seen the size of his gaff on the telly?Not a fool at all.

dalymount

« Reply #633 on: July 29, 2019, 10:27:19 am »
My only problem with Boris is,he is to left wing.he needs to be tougher epsecilly on brexit.go for it Boris auld son,break that EUonce and for all and give the place back it's sovereignty,and it's national Identity

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #634 on: July 29, 2019, 10:42:30 am »
Passenger 'dressed as clown' sparks brawl on British cruise ship https://jrnl.ie/4742731

True Patriots!! rofl

john m

« Reply #635 on: July 29, 2019, 10:45:01 am »
AT LAST SOMEBODY IN THE IRISH MEDIA WHO SEES IT MY WAY    Last Thursday, Leo Varadkar rhetorically dug up Famine graves in a last desperate attempt to distract from the following frightening truth.

Unless we bin our fraudulent backstop, Boris Johnson will crash out of the EU, leaving our economy in ruins and our relations with England, our nearest neighbour, in rag order.

Leo Varadkar and Simon Coveney say that Boris Johnson and the Brits are to blame. That is not true. We are to blame and I can prove that proposition.

Last December, Dan O'Brien told the Irish people that the backstop would lead to exactly what we pretended it was meant to avoid - a hard border.

He spelled out the two problems. First, the backstop meant that Britain could only leave the EU provided it stayed in the customs union until we and the EU were happy there was no hard border.

Now walk in England's shoes. Suppose the EU told Ireland we could only leave if we stayed in the customs union until the British were satisfied that border unionists were happy with the new situation?

Second, Dan said it changed the constitutional position of Northern unionists. We pretended that only the "dinosaur" DUP had a problem when all unionists had a problem.

Although I agreed with Dan's points, I had other problems with the backstop.

I believe the backstop was part of the baggage of Irish nationalism; would feed a fresh series of Sinn Fein demands; was a fraudulent issue because it would lead to the hard border it pretended to prevent; was a bullying device to force the UK to stay in the EU, or dump the unionists, or hold a second referendum; was a straitjacket devised by the Department of Foreign Affairs and approved by the EU, which wanted to punish the Brits for leaving and was delighted to find foolish Irish puppets willing to do its dirty work

No self-respecting country would take that kind of coercion. Theresa May only took it because she was weak. And we let the backstop break her.

A few months ago, I predicted the British would find someone tough enough to exit Europe if Dublin did not tweak the backstop.

The British found Boris Johnson. But Varadkar and Coveney and their mad green media cheerleaders misjudged him, did not offer him a tweak in time - and now it is far too late.

How could the Irish Government and the Guardianistas of the Irish media be so blind to the determination of Boris Johnson to deliver Brexit?

Last week Lisa Chambers jibed he had been reading too many Churchill biographies, recycling the view of Ronan McGreevy in The Irish Times who found Churchillian comparisons risible.

Yet for much of his life, Churchill too was dismissed as a drunkard, messer and all-round chancer.

As a long-time student of men and history, I have reached more complex conclusions about Johnson.

I believe Boris Johnson knows well he has been a liar, a lout and a layabout. But, like Churchill, he sees one last chance to redeem a feckless life and he means to grab it with both hands.

Accordingly, I cannot believe the Irish media are still waffling about him blustering and bluffing.

From his campaign speech, the composition of his "war cabinet", and, above all, the appointment of Dominic Cummings, the best spin doctor in Europe, I can categorically predict the following will happen as night follows day.

First, Boris Johnson is determined to deliver the democratic result of the Brexit referendum even if it means no deal.

Second, he has pledged to put up no physical borders, will challenge the EU to do the same and will require the EU (meaning us) to bin the backstop.

Third, if the EU refuses, he will fight and win a general election on a Cummings campaign slogan of standing up to EU bullying on the backstop.

Fourth, he will take a massive chunk out of Labour's working class vote and end with a big majority.

Fifth, even if he does not need the DUP he still will not dump on unionists because the new Boris believes in the constitutional integrity of the United Kingdom.

Accordingly, anyone who still thinks Boris Johnson is bluffing is either a fool or a frightened media cheerleader fearful of being found out.

Last week, I appealed to the Taoiseach to offer to tweak the backstop before Boris Johnson bedded down as prime minister.

But as the Taoiseach was pondering a compromise of the sort floated by Pat Leahy, the Tanaiste went on Andrew Marr's BBC show and raised the backstop bar even higher for Varadkar.

Coveney's dogmatic and intransigent backstop stance, then and since, strikes me as a reckless and selfish long-term green bid for the leadership of Fine Gael.

Getting tetchy with Marr, he used a controlling slap-down hand gesture. Jon Williams, head of RTE News, tweeted about his "punchy" performance.

The Taoiseach panicked and ran up the green flag, RTE closed ranks in support, and Pat Leahy, having put his head out briefly, took it back in again.

Only Miriam O'Callaghan on RTE and Matt Cooper on The Tonight Show continued to probe for a compromise.

On Tonight, when Fergus O'Dowd of FG brazenly tried to blame the DUP for Johnson's hard line, Cooper coolly and correctly told him Dominic Cummings was doing the driving.

This weekend the nationalist consensus to blame the Brits is being backed by 99pc of the Irish media. So why are some still complaining about the five - there are only five - critics of the backstop?

Because they are terrified of being challenged by an angry public. With good reason. From now on the Irish people will begin to ponder two core questions.

How come the backstop has caused the hard border it was supposed to prevent? How can the Government say the Brits are to blame when we could easily have stopped a crash-out by tweaking the backstop?

As we faced Armageddon, Fintan O'Toole tried to console us on a recent Irish Times podcast with the prospect of being "flooded with money" from the EU.

But surely it would have been better to make a backstop deal with our English neighbours instead of busking around Brussels with a begging bowl?

Naturally my views will be attacked by craven contributors on RTE programmes to which I am disgracefully denied access. But I have heard all that tribal sneering before.

When I reached out to David Trimble, I was called a unionist. When I publicised the sufferings of Protestants, I was called a West Brit. And when I warned, week after week, the backstop would end in a bad place, I was called a traitor by posh nationalists on Twitter.

But the whataboutery and Brit-bashing cannot conceal the raw facts now revealed. The backstop has brought us to a bad place and the Irish Government and media lacked the guts to shout stop.

This weekend they will still try to blame the British for their own mistakes. But deep down I believe a silent majority is not happy with how a hopeful national consensus has turned into a sour nationalist consensus.

I have done my duty and told the truth. I am braced for the backlash. Those who tell the truth to their tribe are seldom forgiven.

Sunday Independent

THE SODOMITE PRINCE HAS BACKED HIMSELF AND THIS COUNTRY INTO A CORNER THAT WILL DESTROY US .IF HE BACKS DOWN NOW HE GETS SHOT DEAD BY REPUBLICANS AS A TRAITOR .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #636 on: July 29, 2019, 01:14:14 pm »
No, John, you saw it but he said it..........you've been hemming and hawing like a an autistic swallow for many's a month now on Brexit....I'd hate to be on a Jury panel with you........

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #637 on: July 29, 2019, 01:29:44 pm »
Old Etonian....Bullingdon Club, Oxford....and he's a fucking eejit? Leo has been promised Elysian fields in the E.U.....he's been shafted by an elite club that Theresa May had to take, quite literally, up the shitepipe.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #638 on: July 29, 2019, 02:04:15 pm »
Does anyone else think borris is very similar to Churchill?  Apparently he goes around on his bike waving to everyone like a clown and Churchill used to ride the underground....upper class tits but men of the people . And they all thought Churchill was a bafoon baboon aswell......

Yanks, even though they'd no business in WW1 or 2...."gave it to Hitler up the gicker". They even offered his Chief Engineer, Werner Von Braun, a job with NASA....google it yourself.........lauging me nuts off.

john m

« Reply #639 on: July 29, 2019, 02:09:50 pm »
The Sodomite Prince got played .He is the most useless Politician in the Dail under his leadership nothing has happened except more homeless more hospital waiting lists big bills for shite like kids hospitals and youtube connections .EU thought they would bully the brits but now the reality of crash out is raising its head .Macron will want to play hardball the Germans will do whatever suits them .The Sodomite could of just said "We have good relations with both the EU and UK so you work it out and bring the solution to us to agree or reject .By his fucking big mouth he has turned both the Brits and the UK against us .If we win we lose neither the UK or EU will want to scratch our back .A total political failure by a total political gobshite .

dalymount

« Reply #640 on: July 29, 2019, 02:20:12 pm »
John you talk a lot about the homeless situation,and your right there is a lot of homelessness in Ireland.but I know for a fact that quite a lot of people who claim to be homeless,were actually offered homes by the council and refused them cause it wasn't near me ma,or it wasn't on the correct bus route,etc etc

john m

« Reply #641 on: July 29, 2019, 02:49:55 pm »
Dalymount Britain have a Bigger Problem than Brexit .Hong Kong they guarentee the Liberty of Hong Kong for the transition period after they handed it back to China .When the Chinease start shooting Protesters ,what will GB do .FUCK ALL .That will blow their creditability out of the water so do they ignore the Good Friday agreement as well .Britain Brexit, Hong Kong ,Ships in the Gulf no Empire to back it up this time .Britain is under attack from all sides .They need a victory cant attack China or Iran as they would lose any war so VE or Victory in Europe 2 is their only way of saving face .

dalymount

« Reply #642 on: July 29, 2019, 04:22:57 pm »
Yeah but what's all that got to do with the homeless situation ???

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #643 on: July 29, 2019, 05:30:09 pm »

Yanks, even though they'd no business in WW1 or 2...."gave it to Hitler up the gicker". They even offered his Chief Engineer, Werner Von Braun, a job with NASA....google it yourself.........lauging me nuts off.
Don't forget the Russian lipp or the Norwegians, Polish, the Dutch, Australia etcetera etcetera etcetera.....
But it was Churchill who told Adolf to go pull his plum or else ......
Borris seems to be a bit like that....
I think I'm going to  like borris
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

dalymount

« Reply #644 on: July 29, 2019, 07:09:05 pm »
Bo bo to his friends

Show Unread Posts