Author Topic: The Brexodus  (Read 353951 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: The Brexodus
« Reply #990 on: September 05, 2019, 02:03:54 pm »
Lot of people around Westminster reckon Boris is on the verge of resigning now, cause things didn't work out the way he planned. Bring on Nigel Farage that the boy to shake things up

You're deluded if you think Farage would step into the breach.....he's great at throwing grenades but falls short in the aftermath.

john m

« Reply #991 on: September 05, 2019, 02:06:01 pm »
Is that not what he wants John ? If Boris gets his election , then surely it will drag on till after 31st oct whereby no deal will apply

There is an option never mentioned .Boris waits till the day he is supposed to ask for an extention and resigns as Prime Minister that way Parliament said the Prime Minister must ask for an extension .If there is No Prime Minister then there is nobody to ask .Will Boros sacrifice himself for brexit ?

How would the Express spin that John?

Prime Minister Resigns to defend Democracy .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #992 on: September 05, 2019, 02:09:47 pm »
Sure he was never elected in the first place.

john m

« Reply #993 on: September 05, 2019, 02:16:24 pm »
He is going on the Wireless later to appeal to the people .He needs to be carefull a lot of angry people in the UKat the moment .Cunts running the kip couldnt agree on what day of the week it is .DANGEROUS tofuck about .Farage is well hidden the last few days so are the Shinners and the Gay Foreigner .

dalymount

« Reply #994 on: September 05, 2019, 02:19:24 pm »
John seriously . Your assertion that there will be blood on the streets of England may not be so far off the mark as most of us thought. The whole brexit thing is the most passionate event ever to occur

john m

« Reply #995 on: September 05, 2019, 02:21:01 pm »
John seriously . Your assertion that there will be blood on the streets of England may not be so far off the mark as most of us thought. The whole brexit thing is the most passionate event ever to occur

YEP and as you said Democracy denied only take a few angry men to kick it off .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #996 on: September 05, 2019, 04:03:54 pm »
At least Mike Pence made it clear where the tanks stand thank God for that anyway. America fully supportive of brexit

He did so from the safety of Doonbeg.....what sort of message does that send? Shannon........the home of all American extraordinary rendition...

john m

« Reply #997 on: September 05, 2019, 06:35:21 pm »
If Corbyn resigned as Labour Leader do you think they would win a few 100 seat majority. Is Brexit really a fashion show between Boris,Farage and Corbin to decide which of them is the more abnoctious prick .Dalymount I really dont know what is going to Happen but hopefully the Brits dont crash out and destroy themselves and us .You listen to the British TV there are some really angry people on both sides .Is there any case to be made for the Conservatives who were trown out of their party and sensible Labour MP to form a political party and stand in any election on the promise of a second referendum with a go with no deal or revoke option and agree to abide by the result of the referendum impliment or revoke then after the law is past that party ceases to be and they call a general election and parties then put forward a manifesto in any election on how they will run the now decided UK .I dont think this can be peacefully settled without a second referendum .

john m

« Reply #998 on: September 05, 2019, 06:45:31 pm »
DEATH WISH BORRIS Boris Johnson has said he would rather be “dead in a ditch” than go to Brussels to ask for a further delay to Brexit.THIS FOOL IS THE PRIME MINISTER . lol lol lol lol lol

Offline watty

« Reply #999 on: September 05, 2019, 07:04:18 pm »
Day off today and watching the news channels on and off.  British politics is totally fukked at the moment.  The EU leaders must be pissing themselves laughing at Boris.  The Germans even have a word for it - Schadenfreude*

https://www.breakingnews.ie/world/uk-government-papers-on-suspending-parliament-released-948588.html

Ongoing court case in Scotland might be embarrassing/fatal for a politician other than Boris.  Looks like he'd been planning the suspension of Parliament back in August even though he'd publicly denied it.  Some of his reasoning has been blacked out and the media are trying to get it uncovered.  Case continues tomorrow...

It's not good when you try to suspend Parliament and then when it does resume, you lose 3 of 3 votes, your 'majority' drops to -23, and then finish the day by going on TV begging the opposition for an election!

* schadenfreude evokes joyful feelings that take pleasure from watching someone fail.

john m

« Reply #1000 on: September 05, 2019, 07:24:22 pm »
Watty its frightening to see whats going on in the UK .Board Failte say our tourist trade will lose thousands of jobs that means less tourists and less workers taking taxies for work .I hear about money available for industries effected by Brexit I wonder is there anything for our trade ?

Offline watty

« Reply #1001 on: September 05, 2019, 07:48:20 pm »
Will Brexit actually happen?  Maybe if it's dragged out long enough, the British will realise they're better in than out.  Jeremey Corbyn seems to be the stumbling block though.

If out,
1. They're fukked economically now and even more so after Brexit.  (The NY Times recently ran a story on how 'food banks' are a big thing in the UK now).
2. The Union will break up.  Scotland will leave.  In NI, it's only a matter of time and Catholics having more babies than the Prods.  And NI is an agricultural country. Who they gonna sell to?
3. In the (near?) future, countries won't matter.  It'll be about which 'gang' you belong to - USA, China, India*, the EU.... and everyone else.  Britain on it's own is screwed. 

Hard to believe they don't get it.  I guess that's the power of the Press.

* India is a maybe.  It's entirely possible they and Pakistan will nuke each other to oblivion.

Offline watty

« Reply #1002 on: September 05, 2019, 07:54:33 pm »
Watty its frightening to see whats going on in the UK .Board Failte say our tourist trade will lose thousands of jobs that means less tourists and less workers taking taxies for work .I hear about money available for industries effected by Brexit I wonder is there anything for our trade ?
As long as our social welfare system keeps going, we might be ok.  I don't get many drug runs these days but, using FN, it's not uncommon to get mothers in their pyjama's driving their kids to schools.  And getting the taxi home! With waiting times etc, they're usually around €15!

During the recession, I used to joke that only people on welfare had €50 notes.  I guess it's still valid?

If there is a recession, maybe drug runs will become common again?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #1003 on: September 06, 2019, 07:25:14 am »
You have to consider BoJo's family lineage...it's very important to people with power and status.

dalymount

« Reply #1004 on: September 06, 2019, 11:01:04 am »
The Brits are all going on about looking for a further 3 month extension. What makes them think the unelected brurocrats in Brussels would GRANT such a request ? Personally I don't think the would, nor do I think Boris would ever ask the cunts for one

Show Unread Posts