Author Topic: The Brexodus  (Read 358882 times)

john m

Re: The Brexodus
« Reply #1170 on: September 18, 2019, 01:28:21 pm »
I thought if there was ANY opposition from ANY of the 27,then no extension.? Enlighten me John

Parliament vote is about as usefull as you or me voicing our opinion .The Council or 27 leaders willdecide not the Parliament .The EU parliament is one of the only parliaments in the world that CANNOT write Laws they can only rubber stamp the Commission.EU Perliamentarians are about as usefull as wankers with their arms handkuffed behind their backs .

dalymount

« Reply #1171 on: September 18, 2019, 02:55:44 pm »
So if only ONE country from the 27 say no then no extension ?

john m

« Reply #1172 on: September 18, 2019, 03:00:37 pm »
So if only ONE country from the 27 say no then no extension ?

NO country will say No they will all try to capture the Brits in a web of Eurocrap .If Boris dosent Jump they wont push him .Still think he and his government will resign .Parliament said the PRIME MINISTER MUST ASK if there is no Prime Minister to ask then the default is Brexit on the 31st .

I still hope they see logic and abandon Brexit .If they Crash out lives will be lost .

john m

« Reply #1173 on: September 18, 2019, 05:19:44 pm »
Judges ask Boris "Whats the story bud ,will you just act the bollox if we tell you to openup Parliament and close it a few minutes after you do what we told you ....Sep.18

-- Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s lawyer James Eadie promised the Supreme Court the government will file a statement overnight on what it plans to do if it loses the landmark case to decide whether its suspension of Parliament was lawful. Justice Marjorie Hale said it would be “entirely inconvenient” if the statement wasn’t provided before the hearings end.

dalymount

« Reply #1174 on: September 18, 2019, 05:25:41 pm »
Entirely inconvenient ? Well that sounds like the court is asking Boris to appease the cunt Miller

john m

« Reply #1175 on: September 18, 2019, 05:39:48 pm »
Dalymount did you notice I stopped calling you Dollymount anyhoo .I think Boris is out of his debt his choices are down to two .He and his Government resign that gives Corbyn or any other MP the chance to form a government Or Go Nuke and Crash out probably be Taken to Court and if he is found to have acted illegally then the Brexit might be deemed Illegal .My best bet he and his government resign .

Online watty

« Reply #1176 on: September 18, 2019, 05:47:39 pm »
"Entirely inconvenient ?"  That's just the way the lawyers talk in court.  Can't be seen to be dissing your colleagues.

The judges are sceptical of the Govt's position.  At one stage, the judges asked why no-one swore the Cabinet minutes setting out the prorogue reasons was a true statement. 

But, having said that, I think the Govt might win it.  Their lawyer said Govt is allowed to prorogue and that the other side agrees with that.  He said they're arguing over the length of suspension.  And he argued the courts can't rule on that since it's like asking how long is a piece of string. 

The court might allow Govt to get away with it but suggest that the law is changed in future to define how long prorogation can be?

john m

« Reply #1177 on: September 18, 2019, 05:52:34 pm »
You could be right with your last line .Cant see the Judges giving away any of their Power by ruling they dont have the Power .A ruling today will last well past tomorrow so they might try to play two ends against the middle .They cant really rule the Queen was silly to buy Boris crap .

Online watty

« Reply #1178 on: September 18, 2019, 05:56:26 pm »
@ John M, re Boris' options.

There might be another one.  In an interview, the Scottish QC who won the case in Scotland said there was a flaw in the new law saying Boris had to go ask for an extension.  He said the flaw was that it only said he had to ask for the extension - he could then simply ignore whatever the EU said and just wait until 31st Oct and BREXIT happens automatically.  Something like that anyways...

john m

« Reply #1179 on: September 18, 2019, 05:57:50 pm »
Et Tu Borris .Who will be the Minister that stabbs Boris First .Mick Gove owes him so does Rabb .If the beeks tell him toopen up the Gaff does he have to go ?

john m

« Reply #1180 on: September 18, 2019, 06:00:10 pm »
@ John M, re Boris' options.

There might be another one.  In an interview, the Scottish QC who won the case in Scotland said there was a flaw in the new law saying Boris had to go ask for an extension.  He said the flaw was that it only said he had to ask for the extension - he could then simply ignore whatever the EU said and just wait until 31st Oct and BREXIT happens automatically.  Something like that anyways...

I think we pointed that out somewhere on this tread .

Online watty

« Reply #1181 on: September 18, 2019, 06:04:07 pm »
 lol  The thread is 79 pages long - I'd say the third secret of Fatima is in here somewhere too!

john m

« Reply #1182 on: September 18, 2019, 06:05:46 pm »
lol  The thread is 79 pages long - I'd say the third secret of Fatima is in here somewhere too!

I didnt post it but Lip might of .I was going to post a recipe for Bread just in case the Loaf went up after Brexit .

Offline Belker

« Reply #1183 on: September 18, 2019, 06:19:49 pm »
A few questions fer the Brexit Boffins ?

Question 1;

Will Britain leave the EU on 31st Oct, with or without a deal ?

Question 2;
If they go fer the extension, will they leave in 3 months time, with or without a deal ?

Question 3;
Will there ever be a 2nd Brexit referendum ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #1184 on: September 18, 2019, 06:21:07 pm »
Fer me;

It's No, No, Yes.

Show Unread Posts