Author Topic: The Brexodus  (Read 353951 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: The Brexodus
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2019, 12:11:09 pm »
The homeless figures are definitely distorted to some extent by those playing the system. I regularly collect mytaxi clients from houses in the northside suburbs and bring them to hotels or other "emergency" accommodation where they spend the night to give themselves a chance of winning some sort of house as the crisis is addressed. These aren't people who would be sleeping on the street, they're generally youngsters (generally with kids of their own) living with their parents... they can afford the taxi fare so they're a long way from destitute. However, most of them are either unemployed or in low paid jobs so it's probably the only way they'll ever get a house of their own.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2019, 12:14:17 pm »
It's not just our own,I've spoken to Polish girls in the car who are on the same housing list.If I was starting out fresh tomorrow I'd probably go on the list myself.Get a corpo gaff and buy it at a significant discount.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2019, 01:37:35 pm »
The homeless figures are definitely distorted to some extent by those playing the system. I regularly collect mytaxi clients from houses in the northside suburbs and bring them to hotels or other "emergency" accommodation where they spend the night to give themselves a chance of winning some sort of house as the crisis is addressed. These aren't people who would be sleeping on the street, they're generally youngsters (generally with kids of their own) living with their parents... they can afford the taxi fare so they're a long way from destitute. However, most of them are either unemployed or in low paid jobs so it's probably the only way they'll ever get a house of their own.
Where can I buy tickets for the free house lottery?

Plenty of shuttered houses around Snowdrop Walk, but the scammers want to choose where their free house is.
If you have a deposit you buy only where you can afford.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2019, 01:42:53 pm »
A family on minimum wage can't afford anywhere, not even Leitrim.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2019, 01:47:12 pm »
A family on minimum wage can't afford anywhere, not even Leitrim.
How about reception centres for those in lower socio-economic groups?
It works for Darkies!

john m

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2019, 01:48:45 pm »
It's not just our own,I've spoken to Polish girls in the car who are on the same housing list.If I was starting out fresh tomorrow I'd probably go on the list myself.Get a corpo gaff and buy it at a significant discount.

30 years to late ,they sell them now at market value maximum discount is 10%

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2019, 01:57:16 pm »
It works for Darkies!

Not far off what investors are proposing for Professionals up above in Dublin - purpose built blocks of bedsits equipped with shared kitchens/bathrooms/recreational areas... A steal at €1,500/month!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2019, 02:00:56 pm »
It works for Darkies!

Not far off what investors are proposing for Professionals up above in Dublin - purpose built blocks of bedsits equipped with shared kitchens/bathrooms/recreational areas... A steal at €1,500/month!
The poor unfortunates are willing to pay upwards of  €33.00 A week  for their new homes. HAP will pay the balance. .

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2019, 07:59:16 pm »
A lot are the hand out brigade, expect everything for free.
Free crib, medical card, get the kids picked up by taxi to bring them to school.
I can’t understand why some kids get taxis to school. The parents are well able to bring them so why does the government, through Bus Eireann, through taxis, bring them in?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2019, 08:02:00 pm »
If Brexit happens,
The EU will impose on us, that we drive on the right side of the road and drive left hand vehicles. We would be the only EU country not to do it.

Plus it might make importing cars cheaper
I also predict that Ireland will advance their clocks 1 hour to be more in line with Europe, Spain and Portugal are directly below us and they are 1 hour ahead.

That would be another F you to England from EU

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2019, 08:58:10 am »
If Brexit happens,
The EU will impose on us, that we drive on the right side of the road and drive left hand vehicles. We would be the only EU country not to do it.

Plus it might make importing cars cheaper
I also predict that Ireland will advance their clocks 1 hour to be more in line with Europe, Spain and Portugal are directly below us and they are 1 hour ahead.

That would be another F you to England from EU

Probebly make us speak German as well
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2019, 07:59:34 pm »
Probebly make us speak German as well
Nah, they need an English speaking country to be able to speak to the English and the Americans

john m

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2019, 03:53:31 pm »
Speaker of the House of Commons just told Tessy to Fuck off if she thinks they are going to vote on her deal again .

dalymount

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2019, 04:49:29 pm »
First the AG throws a spanner in the works,now the speaker does the same,you could forgive her for thinking they are out to get her,and stop brexit.what happens now I wonder ?

Show Unread Posts