Author Topic: Summoned to the Depot  (Read 74106 times)

john m

Re: Summoned to the Depot
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2017, 08:26:46 am »
PUC is the single most effective way to recruit driver loyalty when they have a surplus of customers, and also increases their own income by a % or two.

Is it ? Discussed this point with the Rodent as he says .If they brought back the PUC would you be willing to cover work in the city center on a Friday or Saturday night while the streets are full of Full paying customers .In return for the reintroduction of the PUC would you be willing to abandon those fares cover Mytaxi work and hand over 12% .The answer is obviously NO .So there is no advantage to Mytaxi or anybody else to charge the PUC  and annoy their customer base .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2017, 09:21:03 am »
I was in Templebar on a Wednesday night a few weeks back and an an Indian driver tried to refuse to take me home when I stopped him.Maybe the fare wasn't juicy enough?Didn't wanna go to Cabra?Anyway after I told him I was a driver he agreed to take us home.

If drivers are getting fussy with street work then there's no chance of them covering app work at night.Unless maybe they've lost thier bottle?

Mytaxi have been chasing corporate work for a while now which is great for them but they have a real problem getting all the work covered during the day.It's one thing dissapointing drunks but taking on Corporate work then not covering it is a different matter.They don't have any more gimmicks that will work other than increasing the value of the jobs.

At the moment my radius is set to 500m and I'm still only accepting 10% of offers.I'm sure I'm not the only one.The industry doesn't need discounts in the current economic climate.Dublin is hoppin compared to 5 years ago.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:27:16 am by mercenary for hire »

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2017, 10:36:05 am »
Just on a personal note,if the PUC was there I would do more jobs for them.No way am I going to drive past work for no PUC.

john m

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2017, 11:10:26 am »
Im knocking it off .It is a good idea as an add on but few will work exclusively for them especially now they showed their hand with logarithms feeding work to the Ambassador drivers . The real issue they and Hailo  have is interpersonal .They show little or no respect for drivers who actually earn for them .I really cant see why I should continue to cover the dross while the Ambassadors get the cream .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2017, 11:56:10 am »
To be fair, the level up bonus was quite the reverse, erm. Those who were loyal supporters of the firm got shat upon.

I’m not sure how important loyalty is in modern business, particularly within firms with disruptive agendas. There’s an inherent conflict between firms like mytaxi and it’s customers (taxi drivers) as it’s strategic objective is to put them (us) out of business having tactically squeezed them (us) for every cent it can get along the way. Hail0 lost the trust of drivers in it’s home town when it introduced private hire vehicles to it’s fleet. mytaxi lost the trust of drivers in it’s homeland when it tried to introduce variable commission rates of up to 30%. In Ireland, Hail0 makes no secret of it’s desire to dilute it’s drivers’ incomes by openly lobbying for more taxis despite demanding discounts of up to 36% from it’s current drivers and despite it’s plan to cover 25% of it’s taxi rides with autonomous vehicles within 9.36 years.

MfH, not unusually, hit the nail on the head. The price elasticity of supply and demand dictates that offering lower fares increases demand. mytaxi’s discounts aren’t restricted to the PUC that the driver suffers. It frequently distributes vouchers to riders, discounting fares by up to 100%. In fact ,it drove me and mine to and from DAP free of charge this summer and has driven me home from the bar free of charge on a number of occasions. I’ve also seen the firm advertise half price taxis in London and I’ve heard of similar offers in a few rural villages around Ireland. The firm invests a lot of money in it’s attempts to monopolise our trade. MfH has also posted links to lobbying records. I’d suggest that every taxi driver, every taxi company and every single one of our unions should monitor those links and make sure those being lobbied are made aware that demand is being distorted by a firm that openly admits that it’s main objective is to harvest data for it’s parent company, Daimler.

I doubt mytaxi/Daimler have any intention of allowing drivers charge full fare. It’s interest lies in buying data and controlling customers. Charging customers full fare would reduce demand and therefore reduce the volume of data harvested and the volume of customers it controls. The only argument in favour of reducing demand is that it can’t cope with current levels. That doesn’t seem to bother mytaxi, while it might whinge at the authorities for more taxis it still throws vouchers around like confetti at a wedding, the confetti being at the wedding not necessarily the vouchers.

The irony in all of this is that while we are pawns in Daimler’s game, Daimler is a pawn in a much bigger game. While it invests billions of euros of it’s R&D budget in buying data for mytaxi, mytaxi openly shares all of that data with it’s main competitors via Google APIs. Google and Apple might seem to be being generous to Daimler et al in allowing them access to powerful software free of charge and in not pursuing commission on income generated by applications distributed by their toy shops but those firms aren’t noted for their generosity.

Offline Belker

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2017, 01:09:01 pm »
Hi Stephen,

That’s perfect – I have put in the meeting for 2pm on Wednesday September 6th.

We look forward to seeing you then.

Regards,

Porter from 14:50, erm?

Be careful Rats, I can't figure out why you are being summoned, but I do know that the meeting is not being scheduled fer your personal benefit. They can't scold you too much as your online profile is too high fer them to mess with and they don't need to pick your brains as you have already shared way too much FREE feedback to them. Most likely they just want you onside as a Taxi Forum Administrator. Just be careful, I don't trust this lot at all.

Offline Belker

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2017, 01:15:02 pm »
To add;
If they start with "Hello Mr O Connell, would you like to walk through the Magic Door ?"

Then don't do it !  DO NOT WALK THROUGH THE 'MAGIC DOOR'  !!

If'n we don't hear from yiz within 24 hours of the meet, then I will come looking fer ya.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:40:37 pm by Belker »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2017, 01:35:07 pm »
It's a mystery to me too, Ken. I don't mind giving feedback but I know, as the erm notes above, that they hold taxi drivers in very low regard and I know, from past interactions, that their egos are way too fragile to accept criticism, regardless of how constructive it may be. Apart from my own dealings, I recall MfH being told that he's wasting their time when he tendered constructive feedback. Anywaysanall, I'm not one to masturbate fragile egos, in my opinion if a man wants to be told he's great all day long he should stay at home and attend to his good lady's* every whim.

*to be PC good lady should be taken to include wife, partner, same sex partner, etc...

john m

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2017, 01:45:26 pm »
They dont give a Fuck Ken what we post or say about them .They have a steady stream of new drivers every day .In fact I dropped a mate of mine into them .As long as we are talking about them they are happy .Their real problem is with passengers who are fed up with the poor service and lack of cars at peak times .They are just going to invite the Rodent in for their amusement knowing this I would personally look for a fee of 380 Euro per day plus expenses if they requested that I might supply the Cabaret .

Im sure they will inform the Rodent of future plans and roll the dice if he thinks the future is bright he might promote it and if he thinks the future is shite then no change there then.Its a no lose invitation and it will only cost them a tea bag and a biscuit .

Offline Belker

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2017, 01:47:30 pm »
*to be PC good lady should be taken to include wife, partner, same sex partner, etc...

Laffin !
The LGBTPZ as I call them.

Offline Belker

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2017, 01:55:54 pm »
It's hard to figure out what the summoning was about.
I reckon they want Rats onside and maybe are willing to pay fer the privalidge,
we will see how well Rats plays his cards on the day.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2017, 02:25:45 pm »
They dont give a Fuck Ken what we post or say about them .They have a steady stream of new drivers every day .In fact I dropped a mate of mine into them .

Did you get the bonus for referring your mate?

john m

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2017, 02:38:35 pm »
They dont give a Fuck Ken what we post or say about them .They have a steady stream of new drivers every day .In fact I dropped a mate of mine into them .

Did you get the bonus for referring your mate?

Jesus No he does less than I do .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2017, 02:50:45 pm »
It could be like a driver focus group.A month in advance seems like a long time away.On one of the feedback forms I'm pretty sure I might have opted in to something like that but I'd say it was dismissed because I got narky with my e mail feedback.

john m

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2017, 03:25:15 pm »
It could be like a driver focus group.A month in advance seems like a long time away.On one of the feedback forms I'm pretty sure I might have opted in to something like that but I'd say it was dismissed because I got narky with my e mail feedback.

FFS I hope they are not going to give him an audience of drivers as well .He will be like a Dancing Ape playing to the crowd .

Show Unread Posts