Author Topic: Summoned to the Depot  (Read 74666 times)

Offline Taxi driver42

Re: Summoned to the Depot
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2017, 10:33:29 pm »
So no news we all kept in the dark
Why say hes going to head office if he doesent wanna share what happened?
Traffic for the site? Or all made up?
Stupid

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2017, 10:52:25 pm »
Probably still in Toners gettin themselves ready to head around to Coppers....they might get the sympathy ride off some yoke!!

john m

« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2017, 12:00:28 am »
HELLO BOYS .Rodent met with the Head Honcho .Some interesting conversations but its up to him to report ,But the devious bollox came back to base camp in Toners full of gifts Free till rolls Biros (I told ya he would and a 3/4 used Diary ).Well I thought he was me mate he flung the 3/4 out of date Diary in my Direction and said here you go Erm you can have that Diary .I looked at it and told him-it wasent a Diary it was a note book so he took it back .I think he is on the Train to the sunny seaside resort of Balbriggan but dont drop around to his gaff he is heading for the pub .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2017, 07:54:30 am »
Is he an ambassador now?

john m

« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2017, 08:09:28 am »
Not yet but he got Stuff .Im thinking I might even drop into the new driver center meself some day get some Coffee and a Biro and me own notebook ,Did I tell ya about the Rodent the Indian Giver He got a new notebook and when he thought it was a 8/12s out of date Diary he gave it to me only to take it back .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2017, 08:14:07 am »
Hardly expect them to be handing out 2018 diaries yet?..that would be presumptuous.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2017, 09:38:09 am »
Probably havin a menage a trois with Tim and Wild Bill in the saddle!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2017, 01:50:59 pm »
Apologies, TD42. I was pissed when I got home last night and I'm not long outta bed now.

Anywaysanall, last time I was in the depot was back in 2014 when I joined Hail0 having bypassed the waiting list of drivers, presumably because I hold a Wicklow licence as well as Dublin. It’s a different place these days, bright and modern with a state of the art coffee machine and friendly staff on hand to help with any problems you’re experiencing and hand out merchandise such as till rolls, notebooks, biros, branded clothing, etc… Upstairs is a hive of activity with various offices and meeting rooms facilitating the support team, the marketing department and the finance/admin functions.

Anyway I met the two people in charge of the Irish operation, Tim Arnold (General Manager) and Fiona Brady (Senior Operations Manager). For some reason I expected Tim to have an air of arrogance so I was a bit disappointed that he didn’t. Both were welcoming, friendly and seemed genuinely interested in the feedback provided. For the most part it’s nothing they haven’t heard before and they have plans in place to address most issues discussed.

Rolling out app updates isn’t as straightforward a process as might have been the case under the Hail0 brand. The mytaxi app has been around for as long as Hail0 without attracting negative feedback from drivers in other regions who have no experience of the Hail0 user interface. However, changes are being made with development centres in Germany and Spain working on the various issues raised by drivers as well as satisfying corporate requirements. Bringing back the “going home” facility was mentioned in addition to the other points raised.

DAA’s commitment to it’s restrictive practices is a problem for mytaxi and it’s drivers. I’m told the passenger app has been updated tao direct clients to the prescribed areas but we have all seem the cones out in the short term car park at T1 and Tim mentioned that the free of charge access period has been reduced. I covered a couple of T2 jobs in the early hours of Sunday morning, the queue for taxis was horrendous and the Kesh was empty. If the rumours that mytaxi is to be represented on TAC are true I guess drivers opposed to quantitative regulation at DAP will have an ally in that arena.

Fiona assures me that the tone of replies from the support team is not intended to be condescending and she will review the set responses. A couple of posters on Roy’s referred to one which essentially told drivers offering feedback not to waste the support team’s time. I haven’t had that one myself yet but if anyone still has a copy of it please post it up and I’ll pass it on.

mytaxi obviously has access to reams of statistics on our trade. No doubt those statistics will form the basis of it’s lobbying activities going forward. Given the firm’s marketing and communications skills it is likely to become the driving force behind future regulatory changes. Interestingly, 60% of taxis don’t work during some weekend peak periods. The prospect of bringing back Cosies is something mytaxi seems to support with a view to satisfying increasing demand.

The number one complaint from drivers is no pick up charge. Charging PUC wasn’t ruled out but it would require Irish management justifying it to board. The first question is would it result in more jobs being covered. Of course, my somewhat biased answer to that is yes. The next question is how much, if any, passenger demand would be lost. Given that passenger numbers keep increasing despite significant levels of complaints on (social) media I’m inclined to conclude that losses would be minimal and short-term. I guess it’s up to drivers to make sure it stays on the agenda!

john m

« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2017, 01:59:04 pm »
Can you explain to the men why you took back the little black book after offering it to me .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2017, 02:01:34 pm »
I can, erm. I thought it was an almost expired diary until you opened it, you shoulda kept it shut!

Merchandise from the depot:

Alcoholic beverages purchased from Toners, Baggot St.

john m

« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2017, 02:03:02 pm »
I can, erm. I thought it was an almost expired diary until you opened it, you shoulda kept it shut!

Merchandise from the depot:

Alcoholic beverages purchased from Toners, Baggot St.

Ok then .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2017, 02:15:17 pm »
What do they mean by board approval?Drivers have been calling for the PUC for years.Also the Mytaxi general website already says it doesn't mess around with local fares and tariffs.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2017, 02:25:45 pm »
I guess they need to convince the board that it makes sense to increase fares. If they can't conclude that more work would be covered it'd be hard to conclude that there's any sense to it from the firm's perspective. The fact that they've never advertised no PUC as a discount, arguably, makes it more difficult to introduce to passengers.

john m

« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2017, 02:31:47 pm »
  My argument yesterday after a few Pints .Why would they apply the PUC and leave the field open to new entrants to grab their clients by offering a no PUC service .If somebody like Gett (VW) decided to enter the market they could throw free fare vouchers at passengers and drivers would follow .What is needed is a Cunning Plan and I bet you have one , >:D >:D >:D

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2017, 02:34:03 pm »
As soon as think you have it figured they up-end you. Think Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon after the drive-in.

Show Unread Posts