Author Topic: Summoned to the Depot  (Read 74122 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Summoned to the Depot
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2017, 01:51:25 am »
Would you be prepared to give anything in return for the PUC, TD42? Just thinking aloud but what if drivers suggested doing away with no contact fees and donating half the PUC to a homeless (or other) charity for a year or until a set target is achieved. Then they'd save money on processing no contacts, wouldn't have to keep thinking about maybe possibly passing no contact fees on to clients and they could have a nice headline for a press release e.g. mytaxi drivers to raise €10,000,000 for ano?

john m

« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2017, 07:10:09 am »
So let me Understand what I think you are saying Rodent .Taxi Drivers should approach Mytaxi with the Proposal of Reintroducing the FULL Pickup Charge on ALL Fares ie 2 euro .And to soften the impact of its introduction  we, for lets say the first year Drivers might  donate 1 euro if Mytaxi donated their commission on that 1 Euro as well to A or a number of Homeless Charities .Taxi drivers During the Economic Turndown had foregone the Pick Up Charge to help to Promote Taxi usage but now that the Economy has recovered we now feel that that Gesture is no longer necessary but as we are a Socially aware group of workers we now wish to contribute to the great Social issue we see every day as we strive to present a Professional service ie Homelessness .

Our Charitable donation of 50% of the PUC would only be for one year and after that time frame the Full Pick Up Fare would revert to the driver .

john m

« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2017, 07:41:16 am »
Would you be prepared to give anything in return for the PUC, TD42? Just thinking aloud but what if drivers suggested doing away with no contact fees and donating half the PUC to a homeless (or other) charity for a year or until a set target is achieved. Then they'd save money on processing no contacts, wouldn't have to keep thinking about maybe possibly passing no contact fees on to clients and they could have a nice headline for a press release e.g. mytaxi drivers to raise €10,000,000 for ano?

Only a Genius would come up with that idea .Did you not whisper that to me over a pint the other day .The missing piece of the puzzle Rodent and it should of been OBVIOUS especially to me .Drivers would have the Option to OPT IN . Im sure if enough signaled their intention to  opt in it would be hard for any company not to consider the reintroduction of the PUC .
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 08:40:36 am by john m »

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2017, 10:49:49 am »
How about I keep the 2 euro as the law says I can ?
This way I don't end up homeless

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2017, 11:40:32 am »
I've realised since they introduced the radius sider my weekly job value has been down to around the 50/60 euro mark.Hardly worth leaving it on at that level to be tormented by beeping jobs that never materialise.I don't really care for medals or access to the pre book screen.Never interested me.

I'm gonna uninstal the app until they come back with a better offering.It's hard to believe drivers have been asking for a better deal for years but they thought they could weather it out and ignore things.Gobshites.

I really don't like the way they're lying on the twitter account telling customers that it's really busy instead that drivers don't wanna cover the work because it's low value work without a PUC.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2017, 11:49:40 am »
I agree with you MFH, whenever i set the slider to 10KM i get kob offers for donabate, portrane, rush while im in the portmarnock area, Swords area while I'm in Coolock, Portmarnock and Howth when I am in the Airport. It never seems to offer me a closer job. But if I put the slider down to 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 I get sweet F all offers or are usually offers of jobs just behind me while I'm in a one way area; IE: top of College Green when I'm on Westmoreland Street at O'Connell Bridge. I do fuck all for them anyways and only if it suits me and it's close by. I am tempted by the "Pick up in 10 Minutes" jobs as I know I have time to get there and they are usually going to the airport and usually get priority(not that that really matters)

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2017, 11:58:19 am »
Its a joke they expect us to drive miles in traffic and no.puc
Just let them down let the customers get pissed off with it too

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2017, 12:18:08 pm »
I've realised since they introduced the radius sider my weekly job value has been down to around the 50/60 euro mark.Hardly worth leaving it on at that level to be tormented by beeping jobs that never materialise.I don't really care for medals or access to the pre book screen.Never interested me.

I'm gonna uninstal the app until they come back with a better offering.It's hard to believe drivers have been asking for a better deal for years but they thought they could weather it out and ignore things.Gobshites.

I really don't like the way they're lying on the twitter account telling customers that it's really busy instead that drivers don't wanna cover the work because it's low value work without a PUC.
[/quote

Gobshites, yes.......always were and nothing will change there....Rip Van Winkle syndrome.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2017, 12:46:17 pm »
Had more people off the street in last night saying they couldn't get a MyTaxi....i'm thinking of just prerecording my spiel that i've been at pains to explain why they can't....(not being offered the nearest car to them,Priority,Ambassadors...etc,etc),the passenger seems to be down the list of their priorities!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2017, 12:59:34 pm »
All part of Uber's grand plan..or not?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:04:14 pm by The Liffey Lip »

john m

« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2017, 01:08:04 pm »
How about I keep the 2 euro as the law says I can ?
This way I don't end up homeless

If you work for Mytaxi they at present they dont charge the PUC so you get NOTHING .Rats Question was would you be willing to give a little in the short term to incentive Mytaxi to change their PUC policy so you could get all of it in the end .

I suggested an Opt in .Im sure if enough drivers opted in it would be difficult for Mytaxi not to consider it .But the opt in is optional so I suppose your reply to The Rodents original question is NO .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2017, 01:09:04 pm »
All part of Uber's grand plan..or not?

Not part of MyTaxis' grand plan..or is it?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2017, 01:11:30 pm »
Not now Kato, you phoooool! rofl

john m

« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2017, 01:23:57 pm »
Lippy .Meself and the Rodent were just  swamping pints when the discussion came to how can we get the PUC back .Drivers are complaining they want the PUC back then they say they will drop the app but then the same lads complain about the distance they have to travel to do a Pick up  as ALL the nearby work is already being covered (by drivers working without the PUC).So joining the dots the work is getting covered without the PUC by drivers who want the PUC .On the face of it why would Mytaxi reintroduce the PUC they might if there was both a financial and PR benefit .No matter what people post most of them will use the app as long as the app has work .

Anyhow it was just a random idea of how we might get the PUC back .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2017, 02:15:45 pm »
Erm drivers aren't all desperate.Remember that.No need to offer concessions when yer winning.Mytaxis reputation is in the toilet bowl.Any improvement in service times will be welcomed by passengers IMO.

Show Unread Posts