Author Topic: Summoned to the Depot  (Read 74103 times)

Offline Vikkiz

Re: Summoned to the Depot
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2017, 02:21:40 pm »
Not all drivers are desperate but some are. Some will pass street jhails to pick up My Taxi passengers for fear of not getting their gold status.

john m

« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2017, 02:27:35 pm »
Erm drivers aren't all desperate.Remember that.No need to offer concessions when yer winning.Mytaxis reputation is in the toilet bowl.Any improvement in service times will be welcomed by passengers IMO.

Drivers are winning all right we are not getting the PUC .All we are doing is asking lads what they think .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2017, 02:30:15 pm »
The only ones losing out are the ones covering the work without a PUC.I'd entertain them if they weren't ignoring us for the last 3 years.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2017, 09:47:24 pm »
I'm thinking of giving mybollix a lash.
how does it work.
How far do you have to travel on average to pick a cunt up.
Thanks lads.

If you become an Ambassador i think the passenger has to come to you....otherwise you'll be offered jobs up to 6.5 kms away,any jobs from Metres to 1km away,they'll tease you with the offer....but there'll always be someone closer...but the job offers from 2.5-6.5 kms away...you'll always be the nearest...that's the way they roll!!
Can you cancel runs that are too far away.
And if so are you penalised or locked out of the game if you do it too many times.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2017, 09:55:14 pm »
I'm thinking of giving mybollix a lash.
how does it work.
How far do you have to travel on average to pick a cunt up.
Thanks lads.

If you become an Ambassador i think the passenger has to come to you....otherwise you'll be offered jobs up to 6.5 kms away,any jobs from Metres to 1km away,they'll tease you with the offer....but there'll always be someone closer...but the job offers from 2.5-6.5 kms away...you'll always be the nearest...that's the way they roll!!
Can you cancel runs that are too far away.
And if so are you penalised or locked out of the game if you do it too many times.
You just don't accept them, easy peasy

Online Taxi driver42

« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2017, 11:18:43 pm »
See what annoyed me most is u can put it on for hotels and customers don't mind
But dont dare put it on legally for your self

« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2017, 11:22:44 pm »
coola boola

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2017, 11:55:05 pm »
See what annoyed me most is u can put it on for hotels and customers don't mind
But dont dare put it on legally for your self

Yep....that was mentioned on Roys kip and the "hospitality" charge goes back to the hotel,a business that can charge what the fuk they like with no regulation with regard to prices,just check prices for All Ireland weekend or any weekend for that matter,not that you'll get a room anyway,
Still annoying all the same that they see it as ok to apply it in this instance,i do remember when i was with C2K that it was rumoured that Anto paid hotels quite handsomely for their custom,probably still does seeing as their cars are permanently outside the Crowne Plaza Santry.

« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2017, 12:53:54 am »
how big a piece of the cake do they take and how long are you waiting for the bread to be deposited in to your account.

Offline the driver

« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2017, 07:43:26 am »
Right we have the report from the meeting but 1 big question remains unanswered.Did Rats get the ERMS missing bobo sorted out?If he did'nt then the meeting was a waste of time.

john m

« Reply #220 on: September 09, 2017, 09:23:51 am »
Right we have the report from the meeting but 1 big question remains unanswered.Did Rats get the ERMS missing bobo sorted out?If he did'nt then the meeting was a waste of time.

I should never send a lad on a mans mission .He did get Biros and a secret notebook .

Offline the driver

« Reply #221 on: September 09, 2017, 10:37:20 am »

I should never send a lad on a mans mission .He did get Biros and a secret notebook .
[/uote]Was your cheque for 40E hidden in the secret notebook?Did Rats spend the 40E plying you with drink in Toners  or is young (not arrogant) Tim spending in the Slbourne as we speak?

john m

« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2017, 10:44:36 am »
Driver I dont think the Rodent would pocket me Bobo although he did suffer a minor setback in Paddy Powers on the day but you know the Rodent finds good in everything although he gave Paddy a few quid he did get a Paddy Power biro to add to his Mytaxi one and he got a FREE cup of coffee from the coffee machine in the bookies that machine is placed just beside the jacks door .I wonder how many unwashed hands that had just pointed a cheesy mickey at the potty used that coffee machine that the Rodent got the FREE coffee from .Doubt the coffee was even germ FREE . rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2017, 12:12:58 pm »
I wouldn't say it was a waste of time, TD... but, as noted before attending, there wasn't really anything said that couldn't have been dealt with online although you do, arguably, get a better idea of their underlying views in general terms from face to face contact. It was interesting to learn how they view DAA, they'd probably have to be more diplomatic on paper in that case and I got the impression that their approach to covering increased demand going forward doesn't need to create as much conflict with drivers as I might have thought.

To expand on the latter, it's useful to consider Gett's approach - ignoring the fact that Gett has yet to launch in Dublin. In Russia, in particular, Gett has encouraged new entrants with finance deals on Polos, Rapids and Octavias. The underlying difference between Daimler's approach to rideshare and VWs approach is that VW isn't just interested in harvesting data for future projects it wants a shorter term return from selling cars to the hundreds of thousands of (potential) car owners that use the driver apps. The same can be said of other manufacturers with Toyota's interest in Uber probably being the most prominent example. As far as our market is concerned Daimler would have to heavily discount it's motors to make them attractive to existing drivers or new entrants hence mytaxi is more open to promoting better utilisation of the existing fleet perhaps through the reintroduction of Cosies. Of course this approach sits well with the underlying principles of rideshare/car sharing/etc.

Better the devil you know?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2017, 12:54:28 pm »
How about I keep the 2 euro as the law says I can ?
This way I don't end up homeless

To "keep" something one must have it. Drivers who play by the rules don't have anything to keep. I thought about suggesting a charity element at the meeting but thought better of it opting to run it by drivers on here first. As it seems the erm is the only other driver to support the idea I won't bother putting it to the firm.

However, I've thrown the idea out there, maybe someone else will pick up on it. I note that the new driver focussed app is going to launch with no PUC and is going to consider introducing half a PUC next year, I guess it may be interested in considering alternatives.

Show Unread Posts