Author Topic: Summoned to the Depot  (Read 74678 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Summoned to the Depot
« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2017, 01:49:15 pm »
Don't let us discourage ya RC.if ya had of said dogs trust instead of homeless charity ya might have gotten a different reception.When yer bombarded by the homeless crisis on every media outlet every day of the week after a while it loses its effectiveness.Anyways anytime Erm says something is a good idea we all start to question it.That's the Erm for ya.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2017, 02:04:20 pm »
Dogs Trust....hmmm,not so sure that would have swung it either,but agree on the homeless crisis being rammed down your T shirt on a daiy basis,personally i believe it's a complex issue,one size certainly doesn't fit all,i suppose we're all a couple of paychecks...lodgements away from a situation where we could find ourselves in similar circumstances,

It would have be presumptuous of RC to suggest such an arrangement before putting it to the forum committee first!! lol

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2017, 02:18:36 pm »
Well, I wouldn't have been speaking for anyone other than myself. Just when a crazy idea like that entered my head I decided I'd prefer get other drivers' opinions rather than the bosses' opinions. To be honest, if Whistle was promoted as full fare the idea wouldn't have entered my head. Given that no PUC is the number one complaint from drivers, I'd be inclined to put that front and centre in any proposed driver focussed app. Given that the new app promoters don't see it that way and give that neither the erm nor Joe Heron see it as an issue I just got to thinking half a loaf might be better than no bread.

I'd still be prepared to give up no contact fees for full fare, might run that by the bossmen at some stage... maybe replace the no contact fee with some form of enhanced priority until the driver gets another job, akin to being put back number one.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 02:22:07 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »
akin to being put back number one.

....for a fare 5.5kms away!!
Priority is just a scam...but you'll always have drivers chasin the dragon and never really knowing whether having it is of any benefit..but better to believe having it is better than not,
Their new promotion won't make me pass punters on the street and as i'll be off tonight it'll be of little consequence.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2017, 02:40:25 pm »
I'm not a fan of priority but it doesn't bother me, if drivers want to chase it let them. Similarly, I don't think there's many circumstance under which I'd drive 5.5 kilos for a job, PUC included or not. The bottom line is that I'd rather have PUC on every job than the odd no contact fee here and there.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #230 on: September 09, 2017, 03:13:46 pm »
The no contact fee retrieval is designed to dissuade drivers from applying for it,i might be inclined to do it on a slow night or where i feel the punter has taken the pi$$ but generally i just let it go and move on...but that reminds me,on Thurs night i accepted a job for a pick up at Ikea,so yer wan walking out and approachin one o dem parked on the footpath illegally plying for hire types,saw her have a few words with the driver as i approached, tried ringing but she ignored and then she cancelled...but do i fit the criteria for a scrub fee?...we'll see!!

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #231 on: September 09, 2017, 05:47:14 pm »
If i was to be getting a PUC and not getting a scrub fee it would mean that drivers wont wait the 5 minutes to cancel the job. I know i wouldnt. I'd only be waiting 2 or 3 minutes

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #232 on: September 09, 2017, 06:04:43 pm »
I used to go out with a homeless girl
It was great ya didnt have to drop her home just leave her on any street

True story

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #233 on: September 09, 2017, 06:11:25 pm »
I used to go out with a homeless girl
It was great ya didnt have to drop her home just leave her on any street

True story

Ah,we believe ya!! ::fds

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #234 on: September 09, 2017, 10:58:36 pm »
If i was to be getting a PUC and not getting a scrub fee it would mean that drivers wont wait the 5 minutes to cancel the job. I know i wouldnt. I'd only be waiting 2 or 3 minutes

I guess most drivers would wait until it's obvious that the client isn't going to show. If you take the job one would assume you want it so you will make a reasonable attempt to get it e.g. by attempting to contact the client by telephone after waiting for approximately 97 seconds.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #235 on: September 09, 2017, 11:06:29 pm »

I guess most drivers would wait until it's obvious that the client isn't going to show. If you take the job one would assume you want it so you will make a reasonable attempt to get it e.g. by attempting to contact the client by telephone after waiting for approximately 97 seconds.
97 seconds, I hit arrived when I turn onto their road or when I know I'm close enough. Then as soon as I'm actually outside I'll ring them. If there's no answer I no don't have to wait 5 minutes but only about 3 and a half to 4 minutes.

But if we were to not get a scrub fee I'd be gone after no answer on the phone. Why wait 5 minutes to realise the passengers aren't coming out. And then we are supposed to go through the rigmarole, still outside the pickup spot, in regards to claiming your scrub fee.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #236 on: September 10, 2017, 08:56:16 am »
Before I deleted the app I was cancelling jobs after two minutes waiting.Nothing worse than doing yer best to get to customers then sitting there like a tool for an additional 5 minutes without charging.

Daytime work is mostly low value on it so I'd cancel and drive off.Business has improved enough that we don't have to accept waiting 5 minutes free without a PUC.Never once got a call from Mytaxi about cancelling jobs.London lads wait 2.5 mins before the meter goes on.5 mins is a long time when yer double parked on a busy road in town.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #237 on: September 10, 2017, 11:09:42 am »
When does five minutes feel like a half an hour?

Two minutes and a courtesy phone call to find out if the passenger is coming or not would be more than enough.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #238 on: September 10, 2017, 11:39:56 am »
Distance to job/traffic etc should determine if waiting time is necessary, i'm sure on jobs over a certain distance a message could be displayed to the customer that the meter will start when car has arrived....i'm sure some drivers will no doubt abuse it though.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #239 on: September 10, 2017, 12:32:09 pm »
The customer has ordered a taxi, they know it's on the way. No need for any waiting time at all

Show Unread Posts