Author Topic: NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance  (Read 20116 times)

Offline Theoneandonly

NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance
« on: April 17, 2020, 05:35:56 pm »
http://media.nationaltransport.ie/lp/e/51843/84d9f95c6fabb25a77daa3e2cdc4d0cc/201012773

Still waiting on AXA to call me back, don't think I'll bother way too much hassle, returning sticker etc

Offline stonethecrows

Re: NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 06:14:01 pm »
Left 2 messages with them over the last 10 days and they said they would get someone to ring back, nobody did.

Anyways got a nice guy on 8927578 on Wednesday and drop of 60% in monthly DD to €86.67 per month, backdated to begin of APril means they owe me €130, wont be any DD next month as its less than the €130.

Went on-line then and un-linked meself, took roof sign off, think I'll have memory loss about posting back the stickers !!
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

dalymount

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 06:17:06 pm »
I didn't bother me hole posting back anything I'll just ring AXA and re-establish taxi insurance, instead of ordinary motor insurance when I'm ready to go back to work

Offline Phsychidelic

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 06:31:49 pm »
I'm with Allianz and was only going to save 20 euro a month so didn't bother.

dalymount

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 06:33:03 pm »
We're they not offering you a saving of 60% ?

dalymount

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 06:37:07 pm »
I noticed one important part of the latest email from the NTA. It says anyone claiming the covid 19 payment, that the dept of employment affairs may leaise with NTA to establish who is acting the bollox more or kess

Offline Phsychidelic

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 06:37:54 pm »
We're they not offering you a saving of 60% ?

No the cunts.Glad I didn't do it now though with all that NTA bollox.

dalymount

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 06:45:58 pm »
There is not really much hassle just ring insurance for discount, just ring NTA to break the link

Offline watty

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 06:50:14 pm »
Re the stickers.  I think they do take it seriously.  Years ago, I cracked my windscreen on the motorway & had to get a new windscreen.  Rang up the NTA to get new stickers and the woman on the phone went mental when I told her the stickers were probably in the skip with the windscreen.  It was like she took it personally?  Had to fill out a form explaining myself.

dalymount

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 06:55:25 pm »
Yes I had that experience myself years ago, and they wanted me to pay 50 notes for new stickers. The young lad in the place said to me I can get those stickers off the broken screen, and put them back on the new screen. I thought to myself you can and your bollox he said to me go off for a walk, and come back in an hour. I couldn't believe it not only did he fit the new screen, but he had the discs perfectly re afixed as well

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 07:23:27 pm »
So now they're saying you have to suspend your licence(with no extension when you do activate it) if you reduce cover to SD&P even though you've broken the driver link?....when i rang on March 30th i said i'd been on to AXA and she broke the driver link and told me to remove the roofsign,she mentioned briefly about suspending the licence but said to do so would require sending the tamperproofs back and having to arrange to have new discs fitted  when starting back,i did ask if there was any benefit in doing that, but at no time did she mention anything about the licence expiring and a new suitability required at a cost if you reduce your insurance,
I also received a reply to an email i sent two weeks ago re extending the measure that they're proposing in the current Public Consultation.....at present there's no such plans.

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 07:34:03 pm »
Only
Like you, I simply rang the NTA, broke the link there and then, I then rang AXA,who agreed a 60% discount, and as far as I'm concerned that is all I have to do. When im ready to go back I'll simply ring AXA ask them to re establish taxi status on my policy, ring the NTA re establish the link. I can't see anything more I need to do. I couldn't get those discs off in one piece, and I'm not even going to try

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 07:58:25 pm »
Do the insurance companies notify them if we reduce insurance,if not why suspend your licence and then having to organise getting new tamperproofs fitted when things return to the new normal.

john m

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 07:58:29 pm »
http://media.nationaltransport.ie/lp/e/51843/84d9f95c6fabb25a77daa3e2cdc4d0cc/201012773

Still waiting on AXA to call me back, don't think I'll bother way too much hassle, returning sticker etc

Axa offered a 3 month break on Tuesday as far as I know .I do not have any contact number ,I think you still have to pay but will get a refund probably have to prove you were off the road .

john m

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2020, 08:01:17 pm »
If you read the E mail it said to OPERATE and door decals .They must look in here for industry feed back  .If so STAY SAFE .

Show Unread Posts