Author Topic: NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance  (Read 20115 times)

dalymount

Re: NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 08:07:38 pm »
No John , no prove requires from AXA, just 60% discount offered. They didn't even ask if I broke the link with the NTA pH (056) 7751090

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 08:27:47 pm »
http://media.nationaltransport.ie/lp/e/51843/84d9f95c6fabb25a77daa3e2cdc4d0cc/201012773

Still waiting on AXA to call me back, don't think I'll bother way too much hassle, returning sticker etc

Axa offered a 3 month break on Tuesday as far as I know .I do not have any contact number ,I think you still have to pay but will get a refund probably have to prove you were off the road .

I've to ring on Monday as part of the month to month basis that AXA broker are currently operating,i did cancel my last Direct Debit as i was instructed to do so and to ring back on April 20th.....and then i get the usual threatening letter saying we couldn't collect our money,pay it now or pay the entire outstanding balance by such a date....so i rang and had my payment reduced from €203 to €81.. but it's on a month by month basis as i've said already.

john m

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 08:28:05 pm »
Probably not AXA the other one Rialto is with them he rang them Wednesday they said they had just made a decision I reduced mine earlier this month im with Pierse they gave me a direct Number up North .

dalymount

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 08:32:33 pm »
Yes I was also told to ring back on 20th to prevent them taking maysDD

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2020, 01:52:39 pm »
Be very careful if you are making private use of your taxi. Without PSV insurance it is not a licensed taxi so can be confiscated by An Garda Siochana if it doesn't have a private tax disc. You'll get away with a month but after that it'll be dodgy... and rightly so, I guess.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 01:57:37 pm »
I might have asked in a different thread....if you reduce your cover to SD&P,do the insurance companies inform the NTA that SPSV cover has been removed?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 02:00:38 pm »
I think they do but their legal obligations are to Dept of Justice AFAIK.

dalymount

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2020, 02:31:45 pm »
I think rat is correct on this one, but sure you inform the NTA yourself when you ring to break the link. I think the email some of us got last night is quite clear . I cannot remember the actual wording, but it makes clear there will be communication  between the NTA, and some govt dept to establish who is working, and who is not

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2020, 03:25:25 pm »
"on this one"... WTF?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2020, 07:57:37 pm »
I think rat is correct on this one, but sure you inform the NTA yourself when you ring to break the link. I think the email some of us got last night is quite clear . I cannot remember the actual wording, but it makes clear there will be communication  between the NTA, and some govt dept to establish who is working, and who is not

are you going to send the tamper proof discs back?

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2020, 08:13:24 pm »
Only
Like you, I simply rang the NTA, broke the link there and then, I then rang AXA,who agreed a 60% discount, and as far as I'm concerned that is all I have to do. When im ready to go back I'll simply ring AXA ask them to re establish taxi status on my policy, ring the NTA re establish the link. I can't see anything more I need to do. I couldn't get those discs off in one piece, and I'm not even going to try
+1

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 08:18:29 pm »
sorry dalymount, didnt see the above answer. im not going to send them back either unless they ask again.

john m

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2020, 08:06:17 am »
dont forget to ring the insurance today to register for next months non taxi insurance.

dalymount

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2020, 08:24:49 am »
I'd say one more month (May) should do it. I'm free after that anyway because may was my last payment the following 2months are already paid for from the starting date. I want to tell them to but me back on full taxi status after may, as it's already paid for

john m

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2020, 09:11:46 am »
NEW CONTACT NUMBER FOR AXA 01 8927080  This will put you through to the taxi service have your policy number ready .

Show Unread Posts