Author Topic: NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance  (Read 20115 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2020, 10:28:32 am »
Say I suggested you ring that number 'cos they sorted me (and the 'erm, I think) in a matter of minutes, if even that. Maybe the missed DD that you cancelled is complicating your situation?

john m

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2020, 10:32:54 am »
Hal we might get shafted sort of maybee .What Im hearing is Dep of Finance are asking insurers to refund a bit to all policy holders to reflect the lack of movement .This might impact us as they might say the policy of refunds is universal depending on the policy remaining in place .This could result in us having two options .Stick with the Taxi policy and get 10% discount or cancel and get new Quote and policy .I must of spoken to the same girl as you this morning .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2020, 10:35:32 am »
The early worm...

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2020, 10:37:18 am »
Say I suggested you ring that number 'cos they sorted me (and the 'erm, I think) in a matter of minutes, if even that. Maybe the missed DD that you cancelled is complicating your situation?

Nah...the missed DD was rectified....in the initial phonecall of March 30th i was advised to cancel the April 1st debit cos they couldn't stop it and ring back on April 20th but i received a letter a couple of days later telling me to pay up or else,so i rang the number on that letter(so many numbers forAXA) and had the conversation about reducing cover to SD&P,they took a payment over the phone and told me to ring on the 20th,i initially got through to a chap who then put me through to a lady who was from the taxi/ hackney section,who told me what i told the forum,she didn't take any payment and said she'd ring me later.

john m

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2020, 10:38:50 am »
The early worm...

I was told I had credit from last month just like you but the Girl said she didnt know the policy the company were following this month so would Give me a ting a ling later .Nice polite Northren Irish girl very pleasant to deal with .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2020, 10:42:00 am »
The early worm...

I was told I had credit from last month just like you but the Girl said she didnt know the policy the company were following this month so would Give me a ting a ling later .Nice polite Northren Irish girl very pleasant to deal with .

Did her name start with a J?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2020, 10:42:26 am »
So the bird ate the early worm... and second up is best dressed on this occasion!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2020, 10:46:56 am »
So..how many on here have sent the "suspension" email to the NTA....and removed and posted their tamperproof discs to Mayo or wherever?
I haven't done so yet myself.

john m

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2020, 10:48:07 am »
The early worm...

Did her name start with a J?

Didnt take any notice of the name Hal just said they will ring back I might of been the first caller rang at 9 oc exactly rang the other number at 8 oc and was given the dublin number to ring .

john m

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2020, 10:49:24 am »
So..how many on here have sent the "suspension" email to the NTA....and removed and posted their tamperproof discs to Mayo or wherever?
I haven't done so yet myself.

Not yet Im on borrowed time mine are out of date so i am availing of the 3 month extension .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2020, 10:49:26 am »
They're not getting the discs back.They're invalidated without insurance.I've other things to be doing.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2020, 10:50:43 am »
I suspended my licence for the month of April. Will extend that in due course. I haven't been in the car to take the stickers off yet, one of those things that's likely to keep slipping my mind I think.

john m

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2020, 10:51:36 am »
ARE WE ACTUALLY GIVING OUT PROPER INFORMATION THAT IS HELPFULL <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<STIRCRAZYNESS

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2020, 10:52:33 am »
Not yet Im on borrowed time mine are out of date so i am availing of the 3 month extension .

Be very careful going through Garda checkpoints if you don't have private road tax.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2020, 10:52:55 am »
ARE WE ACTUALLY GIVING OUT PROPER INFORMATION THAT IS HELPFULL <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<STIRCRAZYNESS

You're not but we're used to that.

Show Unread Posts