Author Topic: NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance  (Read 20114 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2020, 10:58:03 am »
I suspended my licence for the month of April. Will extend that in due course. I haven't been in the car to take the stickers off yet, one of those things that's likely to keep slipping my mind I think.

Did you ring or use the email link provided in their Friday mail.....when i click on their link the Subject box has VL+number+-+suspension,do we just replace that with Txxxxx-SUSPENSION and ask for the length of time we want to suspend in the comment box?

john m

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2020, 10:59:28 am »
ARE WE ACTUALLY GIVING OUT PROPER INFORMATION THAT IS HELPFULL <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<STIRCRAZYNESS

You're not but we're used to that.

And that coming from the Moronic Fucktard that posted this .....So the bird ate the early worm... and second up is best dressed on this occasion!

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2020, 11:00:40 am »
The lads in the suitability center use a blade to remove the daisies.I'm not a fukking tradesman.Could lose a thumb or some fingertips..

dalymount

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2020, 11:06:38 am »
Rat that is the number I rang, and like everyone else I was told they would ring me back. Yet on Thursday, your man told me he had started the process of refund and it would be in my account within 6 working days, having waited the previous 14 days for no good reason. Now this morning I'm given a completely different story. I would suggest look else where for insurance if they don't stop acting the bollox and trying to stall

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2020, 11:17:12 am »
Daly are ya going on holidays or something?There will be a credit applied to your account.They're extremely busy dealing with thousands of Victor Meldrews just like us.Probalby working from their gaff on a laptop.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2020, 11:18:27 am »
Did you ring or use the email link provided in their Friday mail.....when i click on their link the Subject box has VL+number+-+suspension,do we just replace that with Txxxxx-SUSPENSION and ask for the length of time we want to suspend in the comment box?

I rang and then emailed a different address that I ws given at the time. Then a man rang me back and sorted it. Nice bloke, he ws working from home and doing a bit of DIY too... I don't think he said anything about sending discs back though and I rarely read email, particularly when I'm on holiday.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2020, 11:19:33 am »
Rat that is the number I rang, and like everyone else I was told they would ring me back. Yet on Thursday, your man told me he had started the process of refund and it would be in my account within 6 working days, having waited the previous 14 days for no good reason. Now this morning I'm given a completely different story. I would suggest look else where for insurance if they don't stop acting the bollox and trying to stall

Ask for the Dublin lady. She sorted mine in less than a minute. You can't trust them brits.

john m

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2020, 11:20:32 am »

Dont dance that dance yet Dollyer .There could be a big steaming Pooh waiting to be served up to insurers .Taxi policies are Commercial policies .If we bought Continuance of Business policies ie you can hire a car if your off the road or have coin instead .The insurers might be liable to drop lots of Gelt on us and other business policy holders .So continue doing nothing until your sure you should do something that wont cost you in the end .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2020, 11:26:02 am »
Well Paggo did say that with less cars on the road claims should be less and the insured classes should be reimbursed.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2020, 11:32:05 am »
He was wrong (so far anyway)... according to the wireless there have been more claims this April than last, to date.

Offline sore

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2020, 11:34:09 am »
The nta/insurance scum are making it as hard as possible for law obeying physical distancing taximen to save a few euros by reducing cover to social
domestic and pleasure. they dont give a feck about us, i hate them. same thing here, axa said they will ring back ffs.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2020, 11:35:48 am »
To be fair, they were nice to me... dunno why I'm not suspending the policy entirely though. I haven't driven the car in ages, Mrs. C. is doing the shopping now that she has fuck all else to do.

john m

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2020, 11:47:47 am »
The nta/insurance scum are making it as hard as possible for law obeying physical distancing taximen to save a few euros by reducing cover to social
domestic and pleasure. they dont give a feck about us, i hate them. same thing here, axa said they will ring back ffs.

Im a cynical cunt so answer me this .Why did the taxithingey want us to send back discs  and delist from the app and not remove door decals or upgrade to civilian road tax ?If we do this are WE removing ourselves from the road voluntarily .As I said our policies are commercial we can claim if we are off the road due to an accident income continuance does the policy specify ACCIDENT or just off the road .There are moves in Europe to force Insurers to pony us to trade disruption policy holders .I wouldnt decouple .When I did my SPSV test I was never asked if I was computer literate and as Merc says the lad in the SGS has special tools and training to remove discs .Wait a while and then wait a small bit more before you do anything rash .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2020, 11:53:39 am »
NTA is only concerned with the PSV aspect. Any private use you make of a car that is not licensed as a PSV is not within it's remit. If you fail to inform the authority that you have lapsed your PSV insurance you are in breach of the T&Cs under which you are licensed and your licence is invalid. Breach of licensing T&Cs could lead to permanent revocation of your SPSV. Under contract law ignorance is not a viable defence. To be fair to NTA, it has put structures in place which allow us downgrade or suspend insurance without completely surrendering our plates i.e. it is facilitating licence suspensions.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 11:56:18 am by Rat Catcher »

john m

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2020, 11:57:26 am »
NTA is only concerned with the PSV aspect. Any private use you make of a car that is not licensed as a PSV is not within it's remit. If you fail to inform the authority that you have lapsed your PSV insurance you are in breach of the T&Cs under which you are licensed and your licence is invalid. Breach of licensing T&Cs could lead to permanent revocation of your SPSV. Under contract law ignorance is not a viable defence. To be fair to NTA, it has put structures in place which allow us downgrade insurance without completely surrendering our plates i.e. it is facilitating licence suspensions.

i dont have access to a computer and never got any e mail the coverage where i am is very bad

Show Unread Posts