Author Topic: NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance  (Read 20117 times)

john m

Re: NTA make it very dificult to downgrade insurance
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2020, 09:16:45 am »
I think she said my tarriff for this month was 87 yoyo and I have a credit of 120something so effectively I suppose I get May off sort of kind of as the credit covers the payment .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2020, 09:26:44 am »
I think she said my tarriff for this month was 87 yoyo and I have a credit of 120something so effectively I suppose I get May off sort of kind of as the credit covers the payment .
Very similar to meself , down to €86.67 per month under SD&P use and €130 in credit , so no Axa DD in the Month of May and June will be €86.67 - €43.33 (130-86.67) = €43.34 for June , I Think
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2020, 09:29:20 am »
Took me less than a minute to get to that point yesterday. Maybe yisser need to work on yisser communication skills?

john m

« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2020, 10:02:31 am »
Took me less than a minute to get to that point yesterday. Maybe yisser need to work on yisser communication skills?

Who cares got me Dole today  lol lol lol

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2020, 10:18:02 am »
Me too. Must send Mrs. Catcher down to the essential off licence for some Prosecco.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2020, 10:30:26 am »
NEW CONTACT NUMBER FOR AXA 01 8927080  This will put you through to the taxi service have your policy number ready .

Number only good if you purchase through a broker

john m

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2020, 10:38:49 am »
NEW CONTACT NUMBER FOR AXA 01 8927080  This will put you through to the taxi service have your policy number ready .

Is there a direct contact for up front payments ?do you have it to post ?

Offline sore

« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2020, 10:43:11 am »

Correct Roy,

Non broker line  01 892 7578

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2020, 10:44:17 am »
Left 2 messages with them over the last 10 days and they said they would get someone to ring back, nobody did.

Anyways got a nice guy on 8927578 on Wednesday and drop of 60% in monthly DD to €86.67 per month, backdated to begin of APril means they owe me €130, wont be any DD next month as its less than the €130.

Went on-line then and un-linked meself, took roof sign off, think I'll have memory loss about posting back the stickers !!

Use this 01- 8927578 number if you deal with AXA direct, very easy to deal with, April will back dated provided you haven't worked, and asked to ring back Monday to confirm May as the underwriting team have not confirmed the reduction yet but they're 99% certain that they will.
Said they've been asked by NTA to tell us to remove roof sign and break link (nothing about stickers)

offered a refund into my bank for April  or reduced payments going forward as it's already gone through, took reduced payments , May will be at the reduced rate if confirmed by underwriters
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 10:47:07 am by Theoneandonly »

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2020, 10:52:12 am »
I can't be the only one paying the insurance up front on here.

This stuff was all addressed a month ago BTW.Just dropped in the discs with a note asking for cover to be reduced then they send out another disc.Very easy.

Taxi door stickers have nothing to do with insurance.Even the NTA don't mind if you keep them.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2020, 10:56:28 am »
Sure if ya tear them they would probably fine you for damaging govt property

Have you ever changed your car?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2020, 12:00:47 pm »
I can't be the only one paying the insurance up front on here.

This stuff was all addressed a month ago BTW.Just dropped in the discs with a note asking for cover to be reduced then they send out another disc.Very easy.

Taxi door stickers have nothing to do with insurance.Even the NTA don't mind if you keep them.

Addressed a month ago how?

I rang again this morning and told her i was continuing with the SD&P,she mentioned that some drivers had said they hope to be back working middle of May....maybe THEY will,
Anyhoo,she didn't take any payment from me as i've overpaid thus far for a SD&P policy,including the initial deposit,March payment and an over the phone(reduced) payment for April which totals over €600.....It's for Women would probably quote me less than that for the same policy.
She did say NOT to cancel the May DD....i just said i hope they don't take the €203 that would normally be due.

« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2020, 12:25:25 pm »
There were insurance threads back when the COVID payment started.Most of us are with AXA.If you go through a broker the procedure isn't much different except that the broker has less office staff.

Just taking the PSV part if the policy isn't a big deal.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2020, 12:45:00 pm »
Yesterday there was mixed messages,i was told by the same lady that i spoke with today that there was some meeting with the Dept of Finance,don't know the content or what transpired from said meeting...anyway,i've to ring back on May 20th for another chat.

« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2020, 12:52:39 pm »
Do you mean normal drivers getting money back for being off the road?I know a minister mentioned something on the news.But that was just his opinion.

I think the insurers will argue that there are plenty of people still driving their vehicles so they don't need to offer anything back.Traffic is busy enough.The cops are being very lenient out there considering there's supposed to be a lockdown.You wouldn't think it where I live.

Show Unread Posts