Author Topic: Travellers  (Read 130127 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: Travellers
« Reply #285 on: September 13, 2019, 12:15:30 pm »
Address
Boyne Valley Group,
Platin Road,
Drogheda,
Co. Meath,
A92 YC85,
Ireland.

Tiny country and nobody seems to have a scooby about boundaries...

http://www.discoverboynevalley.ie/boyne-valley-drive/heritage-sites/drogheda

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #286 on: September 13, 2019, 12:18:34 pm »
Farmland costs a bit more in Meath perhaps...saying Drogheda is in Meath is akin to saying Ballydesmond is in Cork......

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #287 on: September 13, 2019, 12:19:45 pm »
First I heard of it, Jack Me........some Meath men get very angry when the Dubs in Clonee say Co Dublin...Drogheda was always in Louth when I was growing up........never came across it until I saw the packet. Bit like Firhouse, Dublin 16 possibly.
Firhouse (Irish: Teach na Giúise) is an outer suburb of Dublin, in the jurisdiction of South Dublin, Ireland, developed from what was historically a small rural village by the River Dodder, with a second settlement, Upper Fir-house, nearby.[1] It is just outside the M50 orbital motorway, and in the postal district of Dublin 24 (eircode routing key D24), and is adjacent to Knocklyon (with which it shares a townland) and close to both Tallaght and Templeogue. In the historic divisions of local administration, Firhouse is in the civil parish of Tallaght and the barony of Uppercross

And yet when you put D 16 on the letter....it gets there....I blame the snobs running this kip.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #288 on: September 13, 2019, 12:27:01 pm »
Parts of the Southside of Drogheda are indeed in Meath,people living in those areas have to tax their cars in Navan,councillors were trying to change that but to date I'm not sure it's happened.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #289 on: September 13, 2019, 12:30:09 pm »
Parts of the Southside of Drogheda are indeed in Meath,people living in those areas have to tax their cars in Navan,councillors were trying to change that but to date I'm not sure it's happened.

Ok so...cheers...Liffey Lip, 501 Charlatan Drive, Firhouse, Co Wicklow.....

Never heard it before. Meath is very expensive......smell of horseshite....

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #290 on: September 13, 2019, 12:33:29 pm »
Not really related but Clonee from the Grasshopper out is the Meath.Then you have Clonee Dublin 15 that runs back to Hartstown/Ongar/Clonsilla.All kips...

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #291 on: September 13, 2019, 12:35:29 pm »
When we decided to move to Drogheda we looked at a development in Millmount Abbey,Drogheda,Co Meath,probably would have been handier as it's on the Dublin side but it was 18k dearer....but had a garage!!

« Reply #292 on: September 13, 2019, 12:37:58 pm »
What made you go so far away..is your missus from there?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #293 on: September 13, 2019, 12:47:20 pm »
What made you go so far away..is your missus from there?

Nah...missus is a townie,from the Tenters!!
We looked at Rush,houses were too small for the price..had a deposit on a dormer bungalow in Mornington but there was clearly a bitter divorce goin on and the house was at the centre of that battle so we moved on after months of no action.

« Reply #294 on: September 13, 2019, 12:58:09 pm »
Sounds like you like it.Nice one.When I was a kid gojg to Ballbriggan with the SVP was adventurous..

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #295 on: September 13, 2019, 01:03:53 pm »
Rush is one pricey kip....your bird must be on serious poke, Hal....i know it wasn't your earnings that prompted the thought.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #296 on: September 13, 2019, 01:19:10 pm »
Rush is one pricey kip....your bird must be on serious poke, Hal....i know it wasn't your earnings that prompted the thought.

We didn't have to move from Finglas but we both wanted to move...I wish LL,
Never thought I'd want to but I'd like to move now..so does the missus,Termonfeckin is where we're looking at,would settle for something smaller and on it's own away from little kids(as ours are teenagers now)

« Reply #297 on: September 13, 2019, 01:21:47 pm »
Sounds like yis are in withness protection...If I was yous I'd be thinking close to hospitals.Yer no spring chicken

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #298 on: September 13, 2019, 01:24:18 pm »
Best of luck to you both.........lovely spot Termon. If I had half the smarts 10 yrs ago I think I have now..........i'd have married that school teacher,,,within 2 yrs of our falling out, she became a principal...and now she's working for the Dept of Ed as an educational psychologist...serious poke.....now I live in a kip surrounded by the dregs from some U.N. wank-fest depending on 3 nurses to keep my mortgage payments.....and I'm not even getting me fleadh cheoil any more....

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #299 on: September 13, 2019, 01:25:11 pm »
Sounds like yis are in withness protection...If I was yous I'd be thinking close to hospitals.Yer no spring chicken

Cheeky fuk....but we are close to Our Ladys hospo.

Show Unread Posts