Author Topic: Travellers  (Read 130130 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Travellers
« Reply #420 on: April 28, 2020, 07:37:50 pm »
you can't tar them all.

You can. The question is whether you should. They have an extraordinarily high propensity to commit crime so I'm inclined to err on the side of caution, properly maintained good quality tar and a good quality brush should suffice.
I'll bring the Feathers !

Offline Belker

« Reply #421 on: April 28, 2020, 09:00:57 pm »
I was chatting to a mate of mine on a Ghost rank last week about 'Bootlegging' and he mentioned; "Bollix on that crack, I've heard of drivers delivering Booze to Saint Antony's park !"
With me not knowing where (this newly named) Saint Antony's park was I didn't question him.

A few nights later while I was working the Northside of Cork a FN job popped up fer Saint Antony's park at about 3am, 1km away so I took it. I zoomed in on the screen and it seemed to be fer the Apple corporation up in Hollyhill.

But it wasn't fer Apple, it was fer Saint Anthony's park which is the new name given to the new traveller halting site across the road from Apple.

I pulled up very cautiously and turned my Joe to be ready fer a quick escape before I hit the 'Arrived' button, there was a half burnt out sofa, a mattress and a big pile of black bags of rubbish out on the street outside the halting site, and then I see 3 women approaching me, 2 in dressing gowns with cans in hand and a Third girl decently dressed without a can, the 2 others with cans stay behind while the other girl walks toward me, and I give the Chungwan the benefit of the doubt. In she sits a very pretty girl but a tad of a rough diamond, she is on her phone chatting constantly and one of her comments to whomever she was speaking to on her phone was; "When I see dat Kount, I'm gonna shoot 'em in de Fookin eyeball, I swear !".

To be fair to the traveller lass, her fare was not too far away and the fare was only 8.20, she handed me a Score note and I only requested 8 Euro, but after giving her the 12 Euro change she insisted on giving me the 20 cent as she said; "Ta keep everything Square!".

She was a very rare nice traveller lass, but after finding out where Saint Antony's park is, you can be shite sure I won't ever be going back there again !

dalymount

« Reply #422 on: April 28, 2020, 10:36:21 pm »
And there was me with the strange idea you had left F/N over the recent letter you received, and something else they done on you recently as well I can't remember what it was

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #423 on: April 28, 2020, 10:45:10 pm »
I never carry them but the last time i got call, picked two traveller women up,one was chatty and friendly the other was moody like a lot of them are.the fare was 8 euro, the chatty one gave me a tenner, i tried to giver her the 2 back, she gave me a tip which was surprising. I saved the number and wont be bringing them again. she may have been sound but her family are savages and not people you want in your taxi.

its a pity some of them ruin it for the rest because im sure there are a few that arent the worst but you cant take that chance.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #424 on: April 29, 2020, 03:37:35 pm »
its a pity some of them ruin it for the rest because im sure there are a few that arent the worst but you cant take that chance.

+1.

dalymount

« Reply #425 on: April 29, 2020, 03:39:46 pm »
I found the crowd up on cappagh  road to be ok

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #426 on: April 29, 2020, 05:03:36 pm »

Avila?

They hate the crowd down in Dunsink Ln.....the irony!!

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #427 on: April 29, 2020, 05:33:37 pm »
Bad assault on an elderly resident in Newbridge during an attempted house break in the other night,be very interesting to see if it's traced back to the new batch of tourists on the Curragh.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #428 on: April 29, 2020, 05:47:54 pm »
If it is..Martin Collins will be the first to say that these arn't representative of the travelling community fukall!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #429 on: April 29, 2020, 07:17:00 pm »
Is it because I was mugged there?

dalymount

« Reply #430 on: April 29, 2020, 07:31:19 pm »
We're ya ?  Sorry to hear that silver, when did that happen ?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #431 on: April 29, 2020, 07:40:58 pm »
We're ya ?  Sorry to hear that silver, when did that happen ?

dalymount

« Reply #432 on: April 29, 2020, 07:51:22 pm »
Oh sorry to hear it

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #433 on: April 30, 2020, 01:31:42 am »
Bad assault on an elderly resident in Newbridge during an attempted house break in the other night,be very interesting to see if it's traced back to the new batch of tourists on the Curragh.

I think as many elderly people who can, should have a loaded shotgun in their house at all times, then if scum like that break in they can protect themselves. im definitely going to have one if i get to that age.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #434 on: April 30, 2020, 02:09:06 pm »

I think as many elderly people who can, should have a loaded shotgun in their house at all times, then if scum like that break in they can protect themselves. im definitely going to have one if i get to that age.
Talk to Ermy...or Oscar Pistorius! 8)

Show Unread Posts