Author Topic: Travellers  (Read 130136 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Travellers
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2018, 05:52:45 pm »
To be fair, there's no shortage of Irish gangsters shooting each other on the streets of Dublin. Not so long ago, there was two shootings on one day in Ballymun involving home grown criminals. These Europeans are probably viewed as soft by the Gardai!

All criminals view the Garda as soft,
Because it's true,
For such a small population,
Not only have we got our own home grown criminals
But now their pouring in for the EU cesspit, with young girl sex slaves.
And the lazy incompetent gards cannot get a handle on the crime.
How many Garda scandalous has there been in the last 10 years,
Endemic corruption throughout the countries Garda force still has not been fully addressed,
More drugs than ever on the streets
Dealings going in broad daylight
Unhindered
With the amount of cash involved in
Drug's and prostitution,
It's quite obvious there's lots and lots of cash to go round to turn a blind eye
 Had a young punter in the car told me that the gards confiscated drugs from him and didn't charge him,
He never heard a word back about it.
How could anyone have respect for the so called police,
Gards me bollix.

They just dont give a bollix. End of.

Yeah I just said that ,

..and in a concise manner!! lol

Offline weird al wankovitch

« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2018, 06:05:36 pm »
They just dont give a bollix. End of.

Yeah I just said that ,
Impressive for a man of your age!

john m

« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2018, 12:55:53 pm »
Down the flats yesterday delivering a camp bed to Big Dommos sisters Flat she has some oulone she met in Benedorm last year staying she is renting her a room so she has somewhere to stay when she goes to see the Pope and then afterwards goes to the Coppers Play in the Olympia .Any how Big Dommos Granny May is in the Gaff I havent seen her in about 30years I actually thought she was dead ."Here son what are you up to are you getting a few Pound " she asked I told her I was driving a taxi ."Terrible hard work that, a lot of people think its easy but as I say if it was easy then the Tinkers would all be doing it "

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2018, 01:08:53 pm »
I think there are one or two. There was one with C2K when I worked for that firm... I remember seeing him in a heated discussion with Dave at the depot one day, after which he revealed that Dave told him he'd "send him home" if he turned up without a uniform again... how we laughed! He was (and presumably still is) a decent bloke, the sort that wouldn't pass a colleague/competitor in bother.

dalymount

« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2018, 02:33:09 pm »
So the radio scumbag companies are STILL telling drivers what they can wear ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2018, 04:15:33 pm »
That was a good few years ago, DM. Not sure what the policy is these days.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2018, 04:16:37 pm »
Rat of course I knew what was under the cover,it was painfully obvious

Thought it might have just looked like a body, not necessarily a traveller.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2018, 01:16:23 pm »
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/it-would-have-caused-anyone-distress-stress-of-returning-home-to-find-house-being-burgled-caused-sudden-death-of-john-62-37598473.html

'It would have caused anyone distress' - Stress of returning home to find house being burgled caused sudden death of John (62)

'Stress' of finding intruders in the home contributed to bachelor's death, inquest finds

David Raleigh
December 5 2018 9:12 PM

The sudden death of a bachelor that occurred during a burglary at his home was “precipitated” by him having come upon the intruders ransacking his house, an inquest jury has found.
John O’Donoghue (62) collapsed and died in the front yard of his house at, Toomaline, Doon, Co Limerick, as he approached the house believing the intruders were still inside the property, Limerick City Coroners Court heard.

Two members of the gang, David Casey (23), of Carragh Park, Bellcamp, Dublin 17, and Michael Casey, (34), of Clonglong Halting Site, Southill, Limerick, who both pleaded guilty to a string of burglary offences on the same day, including at Mr O’Donoghue’s home, were originally sentenced to four and a half years with the final year suspended.

The Court of Criminal Appeal later increased their sentences to seven years with the final eight months suspended, following an appeal by the DPP, on grounds the original sentences were too lenient.

Today’s inquest heard Mr O’Donoghue’s sister Christina O’Donoghue pleaded with the intruders to help her brother but, she said, “no one came to help”.

“I didn’t care about the property, I just cared about John,” she said in her statement to gardai which was read into the record at the inquest by Inspector Ollie Kennedy, Roxboro Road.

The siblings, who lived together, had returned home from a shopping trip when they noticed the front gate was open, and a black Renault Laguna car parked across the road with a “suspicious” looking man seated in the driver’s seat.

“John got out of the car and approached the house. He said the front door was broken. I told him to be careful, and that (the intruders) were inside (the house),” Ms O’Donoghue said.

The gang’s getaway driver was “furiously beeping” the car horn to alert the two men inside the house that the O’Donoghues had returned.

“John got a shovel from the shed as he wasn’t sure if they were going to rush (at) him. I told him to leave it,” Ms O’Donoghue added.

She said she rushed to her brother’s aid upon seeing him “collapse down in the yard”.

“I tried to do CPR and then I went into the house to (contact) an ambulance to give them directions.”

Ms O’Donoghue also telephoned their friend and neighbour Patrick Sweeney for help.

Mr Sweeney, who identified the body of “my friend John” to gardai, told officers he “found John on the ground and Christina was rendering him assistance”.

Willie Reale, a local Eircom technician who had been working near Mr O’Donoghue’s passed on vital information to gardai about seeing the driver of the Laguna acting suspiciously, and two other men “running” along the road.

Limerick City Coroner, Dr John McNamara paid tribute to Garda Bill Collins, Cappamore, and Garda Elaine O’Donovan, Bruff, who had quickly responded to the scene and performed CPR on Mr O’Donoghue. The two gardai also apprehended the two defendants sentenced for the burglary.

The gang’s getaway driver remains at large.

State Pathologist, Professor Marie Casssidy, who performed a post mortem on Mr O’Donghue’s body - concluded that “an evaluation of the his death cannot be separated from the circumstances in which it occurred”.

The autopsy found Mr O’Donoghue had an “enlarged heart and coronary heart disease”, and he was “at increased risk of sudden collapse or death at any time”.

Ms Cassidy’s report also stated, “the stress of the situation” would have caused an “increase in his heart rate and blood pressure, and this precipitated his death”.

Dr McNamara told Mr O’Donoghue’s family, who were present for the emotional hearing: “He didn’t deserve to die on this particular day in such tragic circumstances”.

“There is quite clearly a close association between the burglary and John O’Donoghue’s death; It’s hard to untangle the two of them,” he added.

Dr McNamara noted however, that Mr O’Donoghue had a “significant heart condition”, and, that, “as individuals involved were convicted of burglary, and nothing more, we cannot go beyond that”.

Having deliberated for a brief period the jury found Mr O’Donoghue’s death was “due to natural causes precipitated by the discovery of intruders at his home, in accordance with the medial evidence heard”.

Addressing Mr O’Donoghue’s family, Dr John McNamara said the deceased “came across intruders in his house, and it would have caused anyone shock and upset, and it would have had (anyone’s) heart racing.”

Facing Christina O’Donoghue, he added: “We hear a lot about rural burglaries and gangs targeting rural communities. It’s unfortunate that you came on this. There is little I can say other than to express my condolences.”

dalymount

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2018, 01:26:39 pm »
When is all this political correctness crap going to stop ,and people stop being afraid including politicians,to call these absolute scumbag bastards out.its about time people stopped being afraid of the immigrant council of Ireland and pavee point

dalymount

« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2018, 01:35:46 pm »
Politicians claim to stand for truth,and justice ,but the truth is,they turn a blind eye to the plight of rural old people who live in constant fear of dirty filthy bastard knackers,who continue to ransack their homes,and terrorise,these people.politicians should hang their spinless gutless heads in shame for not having the balls to challenge the protecters of these towrags.

Online silverbullet

« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2018, 07:52:47 pm »
Politicians claim to stand for truth,and justice ,but the truth is,they turn a blind eye to the plight of rural old people who live in constant fear of dirty filthy bastard knackers,who continue to ransack their homes,and terrorise,these people.politicians should hang their spinless gutless heads in shame for not having the balls to challenge the protecters of these towrags.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2014/07/dot-wordsworth-origins-of-the-toe-rag/ 8)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2018, 05:43:34 pm »
https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2018/1211/1016589-killarney-discrimination-case/

Three Travellers lose discrimination case against Kerry hotel

Updated / Tuesday, 11 Dec 2018 17:11

Three members of the Travelling community in Killarney who were served lunch but refused drink at a well-known hotel have failed in their claim of discrimination.

Judge David Waters said a licence holder was entitled to refuse people drink for "a variety of reasons" and no reason need be given.

Refusing to serve someone did not necessarily mean discrimination, Killarney District Civil Court heard.

Other members of the Travelling community were being served alcohol at The Killarney Court Hotel for a Christening party - at the same time as the applicants - between 2pm and 3pm on 23 March last, the court heard.

The Killarney Court Hotel was also where the Tom Rights, a Traveller group formed to highlight alleged discrimination in Killarney pubs and hotels, held their meetings in the run up to 2017 St Patrick's Day parades, the court heard.

The application was brought under Section 19 of the Intoxicating Liquor Act 2003 and the Equal Status Act 2000. Penalties can include temporary closure of the premises or compensation at the district court.

Solicitor for the hotel, Conor Murphy, said the hotel and licensee Riobard Lyne were so against discrimination that the same hotel was where Travellers met to discuss discrimination, and they felt "quite aggrieved" at the claim being brought against them.

"My client will say you were barred from the premises previously," Mr Murphy said to Vera O'Donovan, of 36 Deerpark Crescent, Killarney.

Ms O'Donovan denied she had ever been barred for insisting on being served after the bar had closed.

She described how on 23 March, she was accompanied by her elderly parents and her husband, and the group had lunch at the hotel as a birthday celebration.

They had been served food, but when she went went to buy drinks at the bar, she was refused and the security person called.

Ms O'Donovan said the bartender told her that she had been instructed to serve her food only, and not drink.

"She said I can give ye food, not drink. I got offended by it when she said 'ye'. I took it to mean 'ye' meant Travellers," Ms O'Donvoan told Judge Waters.

She did not seek an explanation at the time because her elderly parents were with her and she did not want to delay.

A Christening party was taking place and other members of the Travelling community were being served, she said.

Ms O'Donovan said a few weeks later she served notice on the hotel under the Equal Status Act warning of possible legal for discrimination on the grounds of membership of the Travelling community. The hotel made no reply, the court heard.

A second person, John O'Brien of 211 Ballyspillane, Killarney, said on the day in question, he went to order two Baileys for himself and his wife after lunch, and he was refused.

"They can take your money for food and hunt you out for drink," Mr O'Brien said.

He rejected the hotel's claim he had previously been barred, saying he had never been barred and never been in trouble because of fighting.

He told the court he saw other Travellers at a Christening party being served.

"I have lived 54 years in Killarney, all my life. I know what discrimination is," said Mr O'Brien.

He "assumed" he was refused because he was a Traveller, he replied to Judge Waters.

Hotels in Killarney were "too cute" to say their refusal was because he was a Traveller, he added.

Asked by the judge if he understood what discrimination was, Mr O'Brien replied: "I do very well. All my life."

The hotel had "a reputation for serving "certain members" of the Travelling community," but it did not serve all Travellers, Mr O'Brien said.

A third applicant would be giving the same evidence, their solicitor Paul O'Donoghue said.

Judge Waters said for the case to succeed, the "sole reason" drink was refused had to be because of membership of the Travelling community.

He also said a licensee was entitled to serve food and not serve drink.

"A publican has a duty of care and can refuse for a variety of reasons with impunity, but what they can't do is discriminate," Judge Waters said.

"What appears to have happened is for some reason alcohol was not served to them and I'm being asked to make a leap and say that's because they were members of the Travelling community," the judge said.

The judge pointed out that other Travellers were being served, and said that there was no discrimination on the basis of membership of the Travelling community.

That the applicants had been refused purely on the basis of being Travellers had been "flatly contradicted", the judge said.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2018, 06:05:44 pm »
fair play to this policeman in Belgium.
Belgium police threatens to shoot Irish traveller in the head for no reason

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2018, 06:08:55 pm »

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2018, 06:15:05 pm »
thoroughbred pikeys.
the caravan and the "I'm ringin' my 'slister" remark is concrete proof.

Show Unread Posts