Author Topic: What advice would you give to new entrants?  (Read 18467 times)

Offline Lizzzy

Re: What advice would you give to new entrants?
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2019, 06:28:08 pm »
I'm puzzled why anyone would want to come into an industry that is already grossly over subscribed with taxis

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/taxi-driver-numbers-fall-by-400-in-2017-465438.html

10k taxis in the capital
1.4 million people live in the capital, granted all do not take taxis, but that’s 0.007 taxis per person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont forget the thousands taxis that travel to dublin from all over the country to work Dublin...especially Thursday to Saturday nites and the The  freenow limos working as taxis......
.007 per person ? 
Lies ,damn lies and statistics......
Anyone working Dublin knows theres too many .....except freenow and the renters training illegal immigrants and paying them to train up....

They say there are more taxis in dublin than New York !!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2019, 06:43:39 pm »
I'm puzzled why anyone would want to come into an industry that is already grossly over subscribed with taxis

You're the last man I'd expect to be puzzled.

As a Trade Unionist do you not support NPHTA's Jim Waldron in calling for the cost of entry to be lowered to replace the 21,000 drivers he suggests left to pursue more lucrative careers/vocations ( https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/taxi-driver-numbers-fall-by-400-in-2017-465438.html )?

As a Free Now advocate do you not support it's recruitment policy, in particular the incentives it offers prospective (illegal) (immigrant) drivers?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 06:46:42 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2019, 07:20:06 pm »

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/taxi-driver-numbers-fall-by-400-in-2017-465438.html

10k taxis in the capital
1.4 million people live in the capital, granted all do not take taxis, but that’s 0.007 taxis per person.

Dont forget the thousands taxis that travel to dublin from all over the country to work Dublin...especially Thursday to Saturday nites and the The  freenow limos working as taxis......
.007 per person ? 
Lies ,damn lies and statistics......
Anyone working Dublin knows theres too many .....except freenow and the renters training illegal immigrants and paying them to train up....

They say there are more taxis in dublin than New York !!
Your right I had a look, but New York have better infrastructure like the subway, same as London, we also have more taxis than London too.

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2019, 07:23:00 pm »

As a Trade Unionist do you not support NPHTA's Jim Waldron in calling for the cost of entry to be lowered to replace the 21,000 drivers he suggests left to pursue more lucrative careers/vocations ( https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/taxi-driver-numbers-fall-by-400-in-2017-465438.html )?

As a Free Now advocate do you not support it's recruitment policy, in particular the incentives it offers prospective (illegal) (immigrant) drivers?
How can illegal people get licences, I’m genuinely curious.

My licence took 4 months to get,I got a Garda friend to check and he said vetting is really strict, do they turn a blind d eye to these people? If so that’s putting everyone safety at jeopardy!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2019, 07:30:33 pm »
I believe marrying an Eastern European just to get citizenship is popular among our Indian, Bangladeshi, Afghan and Pakistani colleagues. Strictly speaking such "sham marriages" are illegal, in fact it only really took off on foot of publicity surrounding a very small number of relevant investigations.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2019, 07:41:25 pm »
I believe marrying an Eastern European just to get citizenship is popular among our Indian, Bangladeshi, Afghan and Pakistani colleagues. Strictly speaking such "sham marriages" are illegal, in fact it only really took off on foot of publicity surrounding a very small number of relevant investigations.
A lot of girls with names like Jadvyga Singh floating around...not literally of course!

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2019, 09:48:10 pm »
I know a one legged girl called balen Singh.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2019, 10:55:52 pm »

Racist and anti disability.....expect nothing less from a Galway man!!

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2019, 11:14:04 pm »

What are you on about she is real, every friday night she is in the local for the karaoke with her sister Gedupta Singh

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2019, 11:17:25 pm »
Are ye here all week?

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2019, 11:24:17 pm »
Are ye here all week?

Its not a great audience.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2019, 11:30:56 pm »
Are ye here all week?

Its not a great audience.

We're a tough crowd alri!!@

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2019, 02:22:32 am »

How can illegal people get licences, I’m genuinely curious.

My licence took 4 months to get,I got a Garda friend to check and he said vetting is really strict, do they turn a blind d eye to these people? If so that’s putting everyone safety at jeopardy!!

I wonder how strict the garda vetting is. do the potential drivers have to have convictions, driving or otherwise to be deemed unsuitable to drive a taxi. what if there is a dodgy character who is into drug dealing, stealing, gangs etc and the gardai know hes at it but has a clean record, will this kind of person be granted a licence do you think?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2019, 05:07:37 am »

What are you on about she is real, every friday night she is in the local for the karaoke with her sister Gedupta Singh
That one made me laugh. Thanks
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Belker

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2019, 05:30:06 am »
Twenty odd years back when both Vijay Singh and Nick Faldo were at their best in the top of the golfing world, Faldo had a female caddie called Fanny Sunesson. Vijay took a Shine to Nicks caddie saying that he wanted to Marry her, he wanted to make her Fanny Singh !

Show Unread Posts