Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 131119 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Brexit
« Reply #435 on: December 06, 2018, 06:06:32 pm »
Not sure about that, we didn't do a great job during the brief period of self rule.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #436 on: December 06, 2018, 08:47:32 pm »
For the most part we're ruled by European bureaucrats. An Taoiseach is just a figurehead.

Happily today for Graham Dwyer.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #437 on: December 08, 2018, 01:47:48 pm »
So what happens Tuesday ?
Tessys deal is laughed out and she resigns
Tessys deal fails but she stays on and resubmits it
General Election
Vote of Confidence in Tessy
 It all kicks off May is Gone ,Government Collapses General Election,
Tessy gets the hump and goes to the Queen and calls a general election that becomes about her deal better than a second referendum .
Riots in England Article 50 suspended ,General Election in Ireland with a FF government more willing to play softball with the brits unlike the Gay Foreigner who surrendered his power to the EU .

Or Liverpool Win .The first favourite over the Jumps wins and it Rains .Tuesdays boring day usually .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #438 on: December 08, 2018, 01:55:44 pm »
Beware the wrath of a woman* scorned.

*in the interests of being PC, woman in this context can be taken to include or exclude, as the case may be, both the British Prime Minister (Taoiseach) and An Taoiseach.

john m

« Reply #439 on: December 10, 2018, 05:55:22 pm »
General Election
Tessy gets the hump and goes to the Queen and calls a general election that becomes about her deal better than a second referendum .
Riots in England Article 50 suspended ,General Election in Ireland with a FF government more willing to play softball with the brits unlike the Gay Foreigner who surrendered his power to the EU .

Or Liverpool Win .The first favourite over the Jumps wins and it Rains .Tuesdays boring day usually .

john m

« Reply #440 on: December 10, 2018, 05:57:44 pm »
£ down to 1.10 .If May is forced to take the vote tomorrow or a vote of confidence it might hit 107 could be a good time to buy sterling if your buying a motor in the UK .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #441 on: December 10, 2018, 07:14:42 pm »
General Election

You can say that again!

No vote tomorrow.

Offline Belker

« Reply #442 on: December 11, 2018, 09:27:28 am »
........He (customer) said the British Public havent a fucking clue what will happen if Mays deal is accepted or if they crash out ......
....Telling him I was hoping to buy a car in the Uk when the £ collapsed to par .He recons dealers will accept Euros as it will be a more stable currencie for the first few months .

£ down to 1.10 .If May is forced to take the vote tomorrow or a vote of confidence it might hit 107 could be a good time to buy sterling if your buying a motor in the UK .

So is it Buy Sterling ? Or Not buy Sterling ?
Buy UK cars ? Or Don't ?

Whatever way the Brexit deal breaks down, you John M can safely say; "I Told ya so !".

dalymount

« Reply #443 on: December 11, 2018, 09:36:02 am »
I would never buy a northy car again.so far I have brought in 5. The problem is,they are all high spec,but when you fo up on the NCT  if any part of that spec is not working,you are failed on it.so you get failed on things you didnt need to have in the car in the first place.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #444 on: December 11, 2018, 10:07:39 am »
Surely there's the ordinary basic models for sale there too, Dalyer? Keep away from the auctions..full of motors little Nathans and Mervyns bought wtihout considering the insurance tag coming with them. Plenty of dealers selling ordinary cars.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #445 on: December 11, 2018, 01:05:29 pm »
I've been looking at prices in the UK, not a whole lot to save when you take VRT, etc into account. Not sure it's worth the hassle, particularly if it comes with a dealer warranty rather than a manufacturer warranty.

dalymount

« Reply #446 on: December 11, 2018, 01:24:45 pm »
There is some rule that if you keep the car in the north for a tine,you dont have to pay VRT  my son lives in the north,I wonder if he kept it in for me would I get around it that way ?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #447 on: December 11, 2018, 01:27:11 pm »
Rc just a reminder but the hybrids get a reduced rate of VRT AFAIK.Dunno if you've put any into the VRT checker yet.

john m

« Reply #448 on: December 11, 2018, 01:44:03 pm »
........He (customer) said the British Public havent a fucking clue what will happen if Mays deal is accepted or if they crash out ......
....Telling him I was hoping to buy a car in the Uk when the £ collapsed to par .He recons dealers will accept Euros as it will be a more stable currencie for the first few months .

So is it Buy Sterling ? Or Not buy Sterling ?
Buy UK cars ? Or Don't ?

Whatever way the Brexit deal breaks down, you John M can safely say; "I Told ya so !".

ken at 110 i would buy my sterling now if i was thinking of buying dont think it will drop to much more even if they crash out .if there is a deal it will go 117 0r 8 .thif Iwas buying in the uk next year Iwould get my sterling now .is that clear enough .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #449 on: December 11, 2018, 02:01:49 pm »
Rc just a reminder but the hybrids get a reduced rate of VRT AFAIK.Dunno if you've put any into the VRT checker yet.

I did when I was toying with the idea of ordering one from Japan. It was €835 on this computation - 2014, 91,000 kilos, paying list price:

http://intaxi.org/forum/index.php?topic=8983.msg71047#msg71047

Not sure what the difference is in importing from the UK but the VRT calculator does ask if the car was first registered in Japan so that must be relevant in some way. Of course import duty applies from Japan - €882 in the example tested. That wouldn't apply from the UK as Britain is part of the EU Customs Union.

Show Unread Posts