Public Area > Taxi Talk

https://www.independent.ie/news/taxi-driver-questioned-after-gardai-seize-almost

(1/3) > >>

Punter:
Wonder why the Public don't trust  us ----and the Law suspect us !

Detectives are currently questioning a taxi driver after almost €120,000 worth of cash was seized in the capital over the weekend.

A significant operation was carried out in the Coolock area yesterday as part of an ongoing investigation targeting a Dublin-based drugs gang.

Gardaí attached to the Garda National Drugs and Organised Crime Bureau (GNDOCB) searched a house and car in the area on Saturday which led to €117,000 in cash as well as a Rolex watch being recovered.

A 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of money-laundering offences and is currently being held at Coolock garda station.

It is understood the man is a licensed taxi driver who was used to hold the large sum of cash for an organised crime group.

One source said: "This individual is suspected of being used as a gilly to hold the cash and at this stage there's nothing to suggest he was involved at any higher level."

Members of the Garda Dog Unit assisted detectives during the searches of the property and vehicle, which has also been seized for examination.

A Garda spokesman said the suspect was arrested on suspicion of involvement in money laundering related offences contrary to Section 7 of the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010.

He is being held under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act and can be quizzed for a period of up to 24 hours.

Shallowhal:
Still earning a bag o sand a week!! lol

watty:
I was tidying up my taxi one weekend and found €4.75 in change under the back seats.  Maybe this guy hadn't cleaned his car in awhile?

The Rolex.  Don't know about that.  Sounds dodgy  O:-)

Shallowhal:
What is it with crims and fukin Rolex watches....they must give them out when ye reach a certain level in the hierarchy in an OCG....cos somehow i doubt they give them out when ye try to leave!!

john m:

--- Quote from: Shallowhal on January 17, 2021, 08:00:49 pm ---What is it with crims and fukin Rolex watches....they must give them out when ye reach a certain level in the hierarchy in an OCG....cos somehow i doubt they give them out when ye try to leave!!

--- End quote ---

Every Rolex watch can be registered to its owner .That means if you can prove you are the owner most Rolex dealers or Pawnshops will buy it off of you .It is your escape money bit like Pirates who wore gold earings that could be sold to pay for a funeral .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version