Author Topic: 24 hour bus service  (Read 15205 times)

dalymount

Re: 24 hour bus service
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 08:41:11 pm »
Don't think the fella earning 133k would agree with ya

Offline dublin2018

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 08:59:50 pm »
 rofl
rofl

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 09:49:48 pm »
Three fellas.One car.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 10:03:27 pm »
ok so a 24 bus service isnt a great thing for taxi drivers but can anyone see anything positive that might happen for us in the next few years? its all very doom and gloom on this site at times, its like some drivers are hoping to be proved right that the industry is doomed. i agree on the NTA bunch of idiots who seem to want to make life as hard as possible for us. local link, 24 bus service, local area hackneys getting their insurance paid for them. then tell them about illegal hackneys and they dont want to know.

john m

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 10:29:48 pm »
ok so a 24 bus service isnt a great thing for taxi drivers but can anyone see anything positive that might happen for us in the next few years? its all very doom and gloom on this site at times, its like some drivers are hoping to be proved right that the industry is doomed. i agree on the NTA bunch of idiots who seem to want to make life as hard as possible for us. local link, 24 bus service, local area hackneys getting their insurance paid for them. then tell them about illegal hackneys and they dont want to know.

A taxi service is a luxury askdrivers who were in this game in the 70s or 80s average working stiff didnt take taxies to work .Private providers are taking over Public transport .Look at all the bus services to and from the Airport .LUAS only stops for 5 hours a day because of Planning Permission .Busses will run 24/7 rentablke and Car rental by the Hour are the future .Big thing will be if they allow Electric Cars use the Buslanes and like Bristol inthe UK The Greens hold the balance of power in the next government you might see Diesels banned from the City or a Congestion Charge .Congestion Charge might be good for taxi industry as it would make us more economically efficient but any Diesel Ban would probably apply to ALL service vehicles including Taxies .No reason why a Diesel taxi should be exempt if a delivery van is not .
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 10:33:07 pm by john m »

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 10:53:59 pm »
i think taxis are good value when you think about it compared to getting on a bus or luas filled with junkies, weirdos, convicts and pig ignorant drivers. would love to see the free travel for oaps done away with, i see millionaires who always use it, too tight to buy diesel for their cars and have a bit of comfort.

Offline dublin2018

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 10:57:04 pm »
I wish there was something positive Taxis are a cash cow for NTA The meter change in January will subsidise those buses and the out of city jobs will become less and less.Freenow is doing ride share and fixed fares its changing rapidly and is costing more to run a taxi everyday.I dont know any driver happy going to work .I find im being hit at all angles as street work is now harder to get.

1. 24 hr buses

2. Rickshaws

3.Aircoach

4.Luas

5.Naan Vans

6.Freenow

7.Uber

10 years ago none of the above existed
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 11:02:26 pm by dublin2018 »

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2019, 11:00:21 pm »
Why do yis keep saying its a part-time gig?How many part-time jobs do you have to pay 10k a year to clear your overheads?Fuk all.

The city has workers who can't afford to pay 30 quid home to Blanch or Sutton every night on minimum wages.Any of you lads hitting 60 soon shouldn't really be out driving at night for your own safety anyway.Messy oul job.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2019, 11:20:21 pm »
I wish there was something positive Taxis are a cash cow for NTA The meter change in January will subsidise those buses and the out of city jobs will become less and less.Freenow is doing ride share and fixed fares its changing rapidly and is costing more to run a taxi everyday.I dont know any driver happy going to work .I find im being hit at all angles as street work is now harder to get.

1. 24 hr buses

2. Rickshaws

3.Aircoach

4.Luas

5.Naan Vans

6.Freenow

7.Uber

The luas is in operation 15 years.

Offline dublin2018

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2019, 11:27:29 pm »

1. 24 hr buses

2. Rickshaws

3.Aircoach

4.Luas

5.Naan Vans

6.Freenow

7.Uber

The luas is in operation 15 years.
2004 1st line others followed upto 2017.but all the above have been nipping away at our income either way and costs have jumped insurance, tax,fuel ,

john m

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2019, 11:36:51 pm »
Transport industry is the most inneficient in the world .How often do you cover a job and return empty .Same with companies delivering to customers .Especially Branded Own trucks Deliver your product only and return empty .Thats why business use Couriers and now Private Car owners are covering some courier work .Now add in Emissions and save the World the future of Transport will change FAST .

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2019, 07:48:51 am »
We need to fight back, because it's grossly unfair the way the NTA do everything to facilitate public transport. The taxi industry always seem to be the poor relations with the NTA. Why should Dublin bus be subsidized for instance ??

As a newbie to this sector as in NEW still looking around for a car.

Why don’t you fight back? Is there not a union or group of people that could get together to put forward a well thought out case

My suggestion and excuse my ignorance as I said newbie
1. Airport why do you have to pay? It’s providing a service the government should be.
2. Why should a business pay VRT at the usual rate, after all it is a business, if I bought a van up north and paid the vrt as commercial it would be only €300 odd.
3. A subsidised rate for fuel after all most is tax?
4. A group insurance scheme through the government for motor insurance

Instead of raising the fair bring it down a small bit if the above is done, that way taxis will be more appealing.

Free now and the likes is great for the Industry, 99% of people have a phone now and convenience is what people want. Talk to the government and get a taxi app that belong to the taxi driver and the government control it.

I might be naive as I’m a newbie, but I think a lot of yous in the game a long time feel hard done by, it’s your and hopefully my industry so get together and stand up with intellectual arguments and co front the NTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john m

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2019, 09:15:10 am »
What makes you think taxi drivers should be treated different than Couriers we both do the same thing deliver cargo ?

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2019, 09:47:18 am »
We need to fight back, because it's grossly unfair the way the NTA do everything to facilitate public transport. The taxi industry always seem to be the poor relations with the NTA. Why should Dublin bus be subsidized for instance ??

As a newbie to this sector as in NEW still looking around for a car.

Why don’t you fight back? Is there not a union or group of people that could get together to put forward a well thought out case

My suggestion and excuse my ignorance as I said newbie
1. Airport why do you have to pay? It’s providing a service the government should be.
2. Why should a business pay VRT at the usual rate, after all it is a business, if I bought a van up north and paid the vrt as commercial it would be only €300 odd.
3. A subsidised rate for fuel after all most is tax?
4. A group insurance scheme through the government for motor insurance

Instead of raising the fair bring it down a small bit if the above is done, that way taxis will be more appealing.

Free now and the likes is great for the Industry, 99% of people have a phone now and convenience is what people want. Talk to the government and get a taxi app that belong to the taxi driver and the government control it.

I might be naive as I’m a newbie, but I think a lot of yous in the game a long time feel hard done by, it’s your and hopefully my industry so get together and stand up with intellectual arguments and co front the NTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not an industry....its somewhere to put
 umemployables ,ex prisoners , illegal immigrants,
Jihadists, foreign war criminals on the run , drug lords ,cant work and wont works, retired  gardai, and mad cnuts wit asperger's like meself ....
All of them are thankfully of somewhere to hide
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2019, 09:52:50 am »
What makes you think taxi drivers should be treated different than Couriers we both do the same thing deliver cargo ?

That's your answer?? 

The cargo Taxi's transport are people not boxes or parcels. You have a low opinion about taxi drivers if this is the case.
You need to fight for the industry you are a part off, not put obstacles in the way.

Show Unread Posts