Author Topic: 24 hour bus service  (Read 15205 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: 24 hour bus service
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2019, 09:54:17 am »
Drivers are too busy trying to screw each other over to ever consider any sort of unity.Irish don't really like the foreigners.The immigrants don't care for us.The Polish think their better than the blacks.And most if us don't trust the elephant jockeys.Airport lads aren't liked outside of the kesh.And so on and so on..

Then you have Freenow trying to play us off against each other with ranking systems and ambassador programs.The job is a steaming pile of shite but nobody can sack us so we stay and become bitter...sometimes...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:59:47 am by mercenary for hire »

john m

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 09:55:41 am »
What makes you think taxi drivers should be treated different than Couriers we both do the same thing deliver cargo ?

That's your answer?? 

The cargo Taxi's transport are people not boxes or parcels. You have a low opinion about taxi drivers if this is the case.
You need to fight for the industry you are a part off, not put obstacles in the way.

A taxi driver is simply a courier he delivers boney things covered in fat .A courier delivers boxes a Taxi driver can ask the Fat for directions but boxes cant talk .Therefore a Courier needs greater skill than a Taxidriver to deliver the cargo .

dalymount

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 09:57:28 am »
The fact is, this COULD actually be a viable industry if the incumbents in it stopped constantly saying it's only a part time big, it's this , it's that, the truth is there is a good living to be made if the people operating within it actually showed the NTAwe cared about our livlehoods. There should be a concerted effort by full time fully legal , fully complaint, full professional drivers to show the NTA, and others we care. You can ant expect them to give a fukk if we dont

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 10:00:15 am »
Drivers are too busy trying to screw each other over to ever consider any sort of unity.Irish don't really like the foreigners.The immigrants don't care for us.The Polish think their better than the blacks.And most if us don't trust the camel jockeys.Airport lads aren't liked outside of the kesh.And so on and so on..

Then you have Freenow trying to play us off against each other with ranking systems and ambassador programs.The job is a steaming pile of shite but nobody can sack us so we stay and become bitter...sometimes...

That's the most honest thing i have read since joining.

If and when the demise of taxi's does happen, that's what i have been reading will happen here....it will be no ones fault but the people that said nothing.

Unity is what the industry needs and not division.

john m

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2019, 10:00:59 am »
Drivers are too busy trying to screw each other over to ever consider any sort of unity.Irish don't really like the foreigners.The immigrants don't care for us.The Polish think their better than the blacks.And most if us don't trust the camel jockeys.Airport lads aren't liked outside of the kesh.And so on and so on..

This job has a way of grabbing you .You either surrender to 70 hours a week or you dabble doing the least you can .Driving past Heuston at 1 20 yeaterday afternoon 53 cars waiting for the Cork train .I have become Fat and lazy since I got into this business .If I was healthy and fit I would be out of it

dalymount

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2019, 10:02:59 am »
All the things MFH said about F, N is true, but this is because the drivers are GIVING them that power on a daily basis by joining them. I just cannot understand how drivers don't see that THEY THEMSELVES hold all the aces, yet they cannot give them away quickly enough to dispatchers

john m

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2019, 10:03:59 am »
The fact is, this COULD actually be a viable industry if the incumbents in it stopped constantly saying it's only a part time big, it's this , it's that, the truth is there is a good living to be made if the people operating within it actually showed the NTAwe cared about our livlehoods. There should be a concerted effort by full time fully legal , fully complaint, full professional drivers to show the NTA, and others we care. You can ant expect them to give a fukk if we dont

You refuse to listen Dalymount .There is no suck legal entity as a Full Time taxi driver .A supreme court judge upheld that .Why do you think anybody can get a PSV licence why do you think we can still get WAVs Read the Court judgement and stop spouting crap .

dalymount

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2019, 10:10:34 am »
Not spouting crap John, I have always believed in people power. If you have enough drivers prepared to take the nessesary action to achieve whatever we need to achieve then we will get a result. Example I think it's fair to say, there are a large number of people operating illegally within the industry. Now this has been going on for years, and the reason for this is , there has been no great pressure put on the NTA enforcement to address this issue, so they drag their heels. This is just one example alone where a sustained blockage of the city would be effective

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2019, 10:16:39 am »

This job has a way of grabbing you .You either surrender to 70 hours a week or you dabble doing the least you can .Driving past Heuston at 1 20 yeaterday afternoon 53 cars waiting for the Cork train .I have become Fat and lazy since I got into this business .If I was healthy and fit I would be out of it

I hear what your saying but how many people on the train? Did all the taxi's get a fair, was there customers waiting after all the taxi's went? Your only seeing 1 side!

You can be fit and healthy being a taxidriver, it's down to your own choices you make day in day out, don't blame the taxi for laziness. I'm not trying to insult you or be negative, but some personal responsibilty has to come in.

john m

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2019, 10:19:45 am »
Read the deregulation judgement .The Minister has no legal right to restrict entry he can only set standards .1 entry test 2 Vehicle .Thats an open Goal if this business ever became profitable then more people would enter it .It would eat itself .The only people who can make a living in this game are people who dont need to make a living .As Merc says cost of remaining is high the more you work the more you pay for fuel ,maintanance and commissions wear and tare .If I had a company van parked outside the house and was working 9 to 5 I would be better off financially .As I posted years ago on Roys I bought a taxi licence as a Pension but they then changed the rules and decided if you didnt put it on a car you lost it .If I could of put it in the drawer until I wanted to use it I wouldnt be working the car now and competing for fares .

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2019, 10:20:00 am »

You refuse to listen Dalymount .There is no suck legal entity as a Full Time taxi driver .A supreme court judge upheld that .Why do you think anybody can get a PSV licence why do you think we can still get WAVs Read the Court judgement and stop spouting crap .

Thats not true, you have to pass a test for starters, you then have to apply and get garda vetted. Plus if you have a criminal record your application will be revoked.

john m

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2019, 10:25:31 am »

Thats not true, you have to pass a test for starters, you then have to apply and get garda vetted. Plus if you have a criminal record your application will be revoked.

You Dont have aTAXI licence You do not have to pass any test to get a Taxi licence .You need to pass a test to get a Public Service Driving Licence .

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2019, 10:31:53 am »

You Dont have aTAXI licence You do not have to pass any test to get a Taxi licence .You need to pass a test to get a Public Service Driving Licence .

Are you sure????
see below what i had to do to get my Licence

For your application you will require the following:

The receipt for your licence fee
Your photographs
Evidence that you are tax compliant
Your driving licence
Your SPSV Skills Development Certificate
A written undertaking that you will not drive an SPSV for more than 11 hours on any three consecutive days
Details of any other occupation in which you are engaged, and, if that other occupation involves driving, evidence that you have informed the employer of your intention to apply for an SPSV driver licence
A declaration that your health does not materially affect your ability to drive an SPSV
A declaration that you have not been convicted of any of the offences specified in section 30(3) or the Schedule to the Consolidated Taxi Regulation Acts 2013 and 2016
Any other documents requested by An Garda Síochána.

john m

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2019, 10:43:44 am »

Are you sure????
see below what i had to do to get my Licence

For your application you will require the following:

The receipt for your licence fee
Your photographs
Evidence that you are tax compliant
Your driving licence
Your SPSV Skills Development Certificate
A written undertaking that you will not drive an SPSV for more than 11 hours on any three consecutive days
Details of any other occupation in which you are engaged, and, if that other occupation involves driving, evidence that you have informed the employer of your intention to apply for an SPSV driver licence
A declaration that your health does not materially affect your ability to drive an SPSV
A declaration that you have not been convicted of any of the offences specified in section 30(3) or the Schedule to the Consolidated Taxi Regulation Acts 2013 and 2016
Any other documents requested by An Garda Síochána.

Thats for your DRIVING LICENCE application NOTHING to Do with a TAxi Licence .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2019, 11:31:31 am »
Big hit will be the Night drivers with the students as UCD and DCU covered,and Dublin airport late flights will be covered now as I heard Dublin airport will be getting a bus every 30 mins to city other routes hourly .Taxi Industry is changing rapidly.

To be fair, in the current economic climate, I doubt many drivers want to drive pissed students. In fact, Dublin Bus refused to serve UCD for a period. The people of Dublin deserve a proper transport service including buses, bicycles, taxis, trams, trains, metro, etc. They cannot and should not be held to ransom by any single group.

Show Unread Posts