Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 109955 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2019, 07:42:03 am »
Probably a week nowadays. Don't go looking for reasons as to why it happened....stress and anxiety make everything worse although I'm very surprised considering the length of the walks you do.......breathlessness going up hills is usually a sign of heart problems. Don't worry too much...they do 10 a week in there now I'd say. I had to wear a heart monitor for 48 hrs not so long ago and they found it to be "normal". I'm going to have that Beacon health check done over Xmas..........I don't trust those house doctors in hospitals at all. Good luck to you.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2019, 07:50:41 am »
Sorry, Dalyer...house doctors are the junior fellows you meet in in the E.R...not the surgeons or senior lads....

dalymount

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2019, 08:23:58 am »
Its the waiting that is the worse part Janurary

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2019, 08:53:05 am »
Course it is....boredom and over-thinking. Doing that 10k per day probably means earlier release for you. You're fitter than most men your age and younger. Expect the cardiac nurses to bore the hole off you after the op......they'll be around telling you what to eat and not eat etc....you know it already but you have to listen. Every member of my paternal family has had some problem with the heart.............they will tell you to keep walking but hard to beat 10 k if you ask me.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2019, 09:06:33 am »
I'm starting to think maybe highly-strung folks should be encouraged to have a few pints every so often.Daly could run a marathon and he'd still be concerned about Brexit.I'm indifferent to it all.You're brain is working overtime.

Daly maybe you could start on the Bacardi Breezers for Christmas then this time next year start on the Guinness.Alchohol is a great way to numb those murderous thoughts about the immigrants...

Maybe switch to the days with all the other oul fellas.Night driving is more stressful than a bit of traffic IMO.Why would you put yourself through that if you didn't need the money.Life's definitely too short..

dalymount

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2019, 09:07:17 am »
Just as you were posting,I was having that prep talk from one of the psychologist

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2019, 09:10:36 am »
Just as you were posting,I was having that prep talk from one of the psychologist
I'd say you gave them as good as you got, My Favorite 2 words:

BE POSITIVE
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2019, 09:14:17 am »
Drink seldom fucks up the heart just other peoples...........alcoholic gastritis is a huge concern for lads who sit down and drink a lot...can mimic a heart attack...pain in the arm and palpitations. Drink usually fucks the liver and kidneys long before the heart gives up.

dalymount

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2019, 09:15:25 am »
Im the most negitive fukker you could ever meet.I even keep saying to them that although there is a 98%success rate,ill probably be in the 2%

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2019, 09:25:21 am »
You won't be Dalyer......if you drank or smoked you might be but you'll be doing the Conga into your 80's..........guaranteed. Saw you on that Irexit thing on Youtube and you look far healthier than most.

dalymount

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2019, 09:30:58 am »
Thanks lippy,means a lot.thanks to you all for the encouragement

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2019, 09:42:58 am »
No probs Dalyer. Been in hospitals many's a time and you're in a good one. Just for a laugh(not really funny at all) I'll tell you a story that occurred to a brother of mine not that long ago.....cardiac probs in family as I've said already...........very tall lad and quite thin...moderate drinker and never smoked. Called an ambulance after fainting going up stairs in his gaff in the midlands.............after x-rays and blood tests checking magnesium and potassium levels for possible heart attack given the all clear........I came down and he was laughing and joking with other lads in the waiting section as he had no car with him for obvious reasons after calling ambulance.....Dr came out to me and asked if he "suffered from nerves" as his heart was in good nick....told him the family history and he said that the doctor filling in the forms had not documented any of what I had said...........brother insisted he had told them this in the ambulance and when they were hooking him up to machine in the E.R...........be glad you're in Dublin Dalyer.......one of the reasons I wouldn't live in the country ever again.

dalymount

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2019, 09:53:59 am »
I always thought about going back to a place called Ferbane in county offaly where I STILL have kin.I love  the place

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2019, 09:59:26 am »
All grand until something goes wrong. Dublin, Cork, Galway and Belfast........cities mean survival rates are much higher.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2019, 11:57:30 am »
I’m genuinely sorry to hear that, Paul. Comparing your lifestyle to mine and a few others on here you’re probably the last one we’d expect to be in that place. Given your advice in the thread title I hope some of us will be inspired to stop taking our health and wellbeing for granted. As LL notes this kind of surgery is routine enough these days so there’s no rational reason to expect anything other than a full recovery. Getting into the hospital with the problem and solution identified is undoubtedly the hardest part of the battle… and that’s done! Get well soon and I look forward to seeing you out and about in the new year… I might even take you up on previous invitations to join you on one of your daily walks!

Show Unread Posts