Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 109975 times)

dalymount

Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #180 on: December 23, 2019, 09:29:37 pm »
Believe it or not,this is extremely quick as this type of thing goes.I have a huge amount of heart desiese,thats why im being kept in so they can monitor me till the op .Im wearing a thing called a telemeter or something all week they wont even let me take it off for a second.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2019, 09:39:53 pm »
Stress will get you best medicin is a big dose of dont give a fuck .I use to work 24/7 worried about every job trying to make pay for meself and others .This job should be stress free if you plan it .Taxi driving is a bit like going to the bookies some days are winners some days are losers some days you break even .Treat each day as just part of the process .Big issue with this job is isolation you are on your own for long periods passenger banter is mostly wasting words and if you do get out of the car on a rank its usually taxi talk .This kip is like a therapy lets you rant a bit but also lets you get a bit of support at times .Even medical advice from Francis .

I definitely dont agree, a lot of my regular customers are like friends, it can be a great job if you are feeling down, just get in your car and you will meet someone to have a chat/laugh with.

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2019, 10:02:10 pm »
Stress will get you best medicin is a big dose of dont give a fuck .I use to work 24/7 worried about every job trying to make pay for meself and others .This job should be stress free if you plan it .Taxi driving is a bit like going to the bookies some days are winners some days are losers some days you break even .Treat each day as just part of the process .Big issue with this job is isolation you are on your own for long periods passenger banter is mostly wasting words and if you do get out of the car on a rank its usually taxi talk .This kip is like a therapy lets you rant a bit but also lets you get a bit of support at times .Even medical advice from Francis .

I definitely dont agree, a lot of my regular customers are like friends, it can be a great job if you are feeling down, just get in your car and you will meet someone to have a chat/laugh with.

What part of the country are you working in taxi1990?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2019, 11:12:56 pm »
west of Ireland, small town.

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #184 on: December 23, 2019, 11:20:07 pm »
west of Ireland, small town.

Kiltimagh?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #185 on: December 23, 2019, 11:23:40 pm »
 rofl

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #186 on: December 23, 2019, 11:36:01 pm »
was just looking at some DFTG'S clips there, it was very funny, pity there isnt anything like it on RTE now.

Offline the driver

« Reply #187 on: December 24, 2019, 04:49:54 am »
But what im saying is,I STILL have to tell them about this if I ever go back on the road.if I DONT tell them ,and they find out about my bypass,they will invalidate my policy in the event of an accident.

The wife asked her surgeon was it necessary to inform her insurance co and he said no.He said that the 1 thing she would not die from was a heart attack.As far as he was concerned he had rebuilt her heart and she would have no further problems with it.She was not allowed to drive for 6 weeks after the op,but this was because of the effect of the morphine which she was given for a few days post op.I will say that it seemed to take 3 or 4 weeks for it to completely clear her system.

By the way she was in for her annual post op checkup with him yesterday and after the usual tests he said she was fine and that he did not want to see her again for 2 years.So for God sake relax and stop thinking the worst.

I see Bohs have drawn Rovers for the first game of the season.I see no reason in the world why you will not be there.

Offline the driver

« Reply #188 on: December 24, 2019, 05:07:31 am »
Believe it or not,this is extremely quick as this type of thing goes.I have a huge amount of heart desiese,thats why im being kept in so they can monitor me till the op .Im wearing a thing called a telemeter or something all week they wont even let me take it off for a second.

You are wearing a Telemetry monitor.The wife had the same both pre and for about 5 days post op.It is monitoring your vital signs and sending a signal back to a screen on the nurses station.In the very unlikely situation of your condition getting worse it will send an alarm to the station.It is standard procedure.Don't worry about it.

dalymount

« Reply #189 on: December 24, 2019, 06:15:43 am »
Did it sounded more frightening for me when he told me I meeded a QUINTRIPLE bypass rather then a triple,but it appears there is not that much more to be done

Offline Belker

« Reply #190 on: December 24, 2019, 07:43:53 am »
@ DM, I had a large op about 12 years ago fer diverticulitis to removed some infected colon. 38 metal staples holding my tummy together after, and 2 days in intensive care.
So a few tips fer you;
Don't go mad on the morphine after the op, they will give you your own drip button to press when you need a hit fer pain relief, the morphine is great and it does the job but morphine is really only heroin under a different name but made in proper labs. Morphine is a opioid as in it comes from the opium poppy just the same as heroin. Like I said it does a good job but the come-down after can be pretty daunting to put it mildly.

Secondly you might be going to be 'Kleen-preped' the day before the op, that is to drink about 8 pints of Kleen prep mixed in water to flush out your whole system before the op, if'n they are going to do that to you, let me know and I will give you some toilet advice on that.

Offline Belker

« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2019, 07:50:43 am »
By the way your not missing anything on the streets these nights DM, the supermarket gargle is cheaper than it was last year and the cocaine on the street is of better quality, so overall we are getting drunker and more stoned pax in the cabs at night.

dalymount

« Reply #192 on: December 24, 2019, 08:02:06 am »
Im familer with the kleen prep,I dont know if it would b e applicable in this case because its my heart rather then my stomach.they could be afraid I might shite myself when I go down,they wont be far wrong either

Offline Belker

« Reply #193 on: December 24, 2019, 08:15:58 am »
You will be grand DM, we will soon get to meet in Turners cross.
NEVER SHOW FEAR and don't be giving Frankie your height or weight measurements either !  lol

dalymount

« Reply #194 on: December 24, 2019, 08:29:08 am »
Seaking of frankie.do ya think there is a possibility he might wish me a happy christmas  ?..............................no ill forget about that one

Show Unread Posts