Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 109957 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #330 on: January 04, 2020, 09:49:24 pm »
Even sick people need a break from here John....none sicker than Octy!!

You two need to get a room

I'd say you could be sharing a room with him in a couple of weeks!!

I wouldnt advise that ..I sleep walk....have to lock me room at nite an screw down the windows.....if I have one of me nightmares ...johnny be toast ....strangled in his sleep or garotted or somethin....

Alri....i couldn't condone that level of violence....maybe just cut his fingers off!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #331 on: January 05, 2020, 06:38:31 am »
I've never suspended my policy jut to go on holiday, does it make financial sense?
Actually it's 29 days or so and the return of the window disc.
Gets you a bit of leeway on the other end of your policy, or a reduction in drip payments.
If'n your gonna come clean with them DM, then suspend the policy with them, you won't get a refund but you will get credit on your next renewal, as mentioned much earlier in this topic. But you must return both the Disc and Cert to them.

Offline Belker

« Reply #332 on: January 05, 2020, 06:44:06 am »
Question for tis.I dont think ill be back driving a taxi at all,but certainly not for the next 3 months at least.question is this can I cancel my insurance for that period of 3 months,or do I have to continu paying it throuhout the time ill ill be in here plus recovery time
Dalyer, I was out for 2 X 6 week periods this year after Total Hip replacement surgery.
On both occasions I rang and suspended the insurance.
I then reactivated it on resumption of work.
You get credit when you start it again.

Offline Belker

« Reply #333 on: January 05, 2020, 06:44:38 am »
Question for tis.I dont think ill be back driving a taxi at all,but certainly not for the next 3 months at least.question is this can I cancel my insurance for that period of 3 months,or do I have to continu paying it throuhout the time ill ill be in here plus recovery time
I found this on the Axa website;

If you’ll be away for less than a year:

If you have other named drivers on your policy who will be driving your car while you’re away, you should keep the policy as-is.
If your car won’t be used for 28 days or more, you can suspend your insurance instead of cancelling it. All you have to do is return your certificate and disc to your insurer. This will give you a pro-rata refund of 75% of the premium you paid at the last renewal date for the suspension period based on the amount of time your car is out of use. Keep in mind there could be some administration fees with this.
If you suspend your policy, you and any other named driver(s) will have no cover to drive the car, but you may still be covered against fire or theft. Check the specific terms of your coverage to be sure this applies to you.
If you are having too much fun to come home and decide to extend your time abroad, taking you into a new period of insurance, your best option is to cancel your contract.

Full Axa details; https://www.axa.ie/help/article/policy-holders-with-a-ncd-moving-abroad/

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #334 on: January 05, 2020, 05:39:52 pm »
I found this on the Axa website;

If you’ll be away for less than a year:

If you have other named drivers on your policy who will be driving your car while you’re away, you should keep the policy as-is.
If your car won’t be used for 28 days or more, you can suspend your insurance instead of cancelling it. All you have to do is return your certificate and disc to your insurer. This will give you a pro-rata refund of 75% of the premium you paid at the last renewal date for the suspension period based on the amount of time your car is out of use. Keep in mind there could be some administration fees with this.
If you suspend your policy, you and any other named driver(s) will have no cover to drive the car, but you may still be covered against fire or theft. Check the specific terms of your coverage to be sure this applies to you.
If you are having too much fun to come home and decide to extend your time abroad, taking you into a new period of insurance, your best option is to cancel your contract.

Full Axa details; https://www.axa.ie/help/article/policy-holders-with-a-ncd-moving-abroad/
Good find Ken.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2020, 11:09:26 am »
Just wondering if Dalymont had his OP. yet..Hope he is ok...
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #336 on: January 07, 2020, 11:27:42 am »
I don't think he has, he was on yesterday and didn't mention it.

dalymount

« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2020, 12:57:17 pm »
No I didnt have it yet .I was informed this morning that the surgeon has the flu,so im looking at at least another week in Beaumont before being transferred to the mater where it will be done.4 weeks in here now,I have a pain in my arse.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #338 on: January 07, 2020, 12:59:08 pm »
No I didnt have it yet .I was informed this morning that the surgeon has the flu,so im looking at at least another week in Beaumont before being transferred to the mater where it will be done.4 weeks in here now,I have a pain in my arse.

Literally?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #339 on: January 07, 2020, 01:00:56 pm »
Flu my hole, Dalyer.......big disputes going on between the departments in all hospitals. 900 odd in the corridors in Good auld Eire's hospitals yesterday...war between the HSE and the Dept of "Health".

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2020, 01:15:02 pm »
The younger not so young lad got an appointment to have a CI Holter Monitor fitted in Drogheda in two weeks time. I dread to think how long he'd be waiting for one of them so-called hospitals up above in Dublin to do it... in fact, they never even suggested it when he attended Beaumont with similar symptoms a few months back.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #341 on: January 07, 2020, 01:18:53 pm »
Remember- Leo's main concern is focusing on DCC's resistance to a tribute to the RIC and DMP next time you're voting lads....vote with your heads....

dalymount

« Reply #342 on: January 07, 2020, 01:38:29 pm »
Its gas yer man Paul Reid who is now head of the HSE worked with me in eircom many years ago.we both served as members of the Dublin number 2 branch of the CWU  at the time.David Begg was general sec at the time also.what a pair of fukkin turncoats both went on to serve corporate interests I. The end

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #343 on: January 07, 2020, 01:40:00 pm »
Remember- Leo's main concern is focusing on DCC's resistance to a tribute to the RIC and DMP next time you're voting lads....vote with your heads....

Did Micheál Martin get his invitation yet?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #344 on: January 07, 2020, 01:41:44 pm »
The biggest shit-stirrers in unions always get looked after....remember Ogle? Same applies in RTE too.........cunning versus intelligence. The Crow and the Fox fable.....always makes me laugh.

Show Unread Posts