Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 109966 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #615 on: August 03, 2020, 08:01:19 am »
Glad your busy Belker.

I'm just pointing out that you will have to take whatever is going when things turn quieter.The only reason it's busy is because so many of your competition are still getting the 350 at home. When 15%now have enough drivers back on the road towards Xmas they'll be able to discount and there's nothing drivers will do except lube up.We're not a very united bunch.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #616 on: August 03, 2020, 08:07:14 am »
Good post U Wha.

The only point I would disagree with is that Discounts may come back.
I don't do discounts anymore, I don't even do Bed Logos.
Full meter plus PUC + Extra pax, I have no interest in anything else.

I can live with the commission but no discounts.

You align with 2 or 3 other drivers, this really isn't rocket science

Only because that is the Free Now current offering, you do as you are told.
What you should be doing is offering Free Now customers 15% off if they use you directly, instead of giving it to a multi national give it to YOUR customer
I work a tad less than 40 hours a week, so if'n I give a customer my number they have a 5 in 1 chance of catching me at work.
Instant hails and what used to be street work are my Bread and Butter.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #617 on: August 03, 2020, 10:57:23 am »
Good post U Wha.

The only point I would disagree with is that Discounts may come back.
I don't do discounts anymore, I don't even do Bed Logos.
Full meter plus PUC + Extra pax, I have no interest in anything else.

I can live with the commission but no discounts.

Only because that is the Free Now current offering, you do as you are told.
What you should be doing is offering Free Now customers 15% off if they use you directly, instead of giving it to a multi national give it to YOUR customer

That would work if drivers were available 24/7. But they aren't' so allows dispatchers to fill the space. First dispatchers were aligned drivers but eventually become owned by individuals as drivers lose interest in the admin and costs.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #618 on: August 03, 2020, 11:45:55 am »
You align with 2 or 3 other drivers

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #619 on: August 03, 2020, 11:47:32 am »
When reality gets explained to someone 1000 times, and he still doesn't get it, or refuses to admit to that reality, it's time to give up, some things you can't fix.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline U Wha

« Reply #620 on: August 04, 2020, 01:42:23 am »

Sure would improve the availability but creates its own problems. Been there!  ???

Offline U Wha

« Reply #621 on: August 04, 2020, 01:44:57 am »
When reality gets explained to someone 1000 times, and he still doesn't get it, or refuses to admit to that reality, it's time to give up, some things you can't fix.

99% that you are absolutely correct, but without hope?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #622 on: August 05, 2020, 08:22:07 am »

Sure would improve the availability but creates its own problems. Been there!  ???

Tell me about it! My best driver had a baby and has now switched to nights, 2 not back out yet (one unlikely to return (renter)) and the last one is down in Wexford for the week, thankfully it's not so busy that i'm refusing too many jobs.
MFH is right though, there was a spell last year where it got so busy it was like a part time job administering and as there's no charge for jobs ... getting nothing for the extra hassle (apart from cherry picking the best jobs)
My son has the skills to automate the whole process but hasn't got the time, if I buy an app I'd have to start charging, register etc and that would negate the whole reason I started it in the first place

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #623 on: August 05, 2020, 12:13:04 pm »

Tell me about it! My best driver had a baby and has now switched to nights, 2 not back out yet (one unlikely to return (renter)) and the last one is down in Wexford for the week, thankfully it's not so busy that i'm refusing too many jobs.
MFH is right though, there was a spell last year where it got so busy it was like a part time job administering and as there's no charge for jobs ... getting nothing for the extra hassle (apart from cherry picking the best jobs)
My son has the skills to automate the whole process but hasn't got the time, if I buy an app I'd have to start charging, register etc and that would negate the whole reason I started it in the first place
Not to mention all the drivers crying and moaning to you
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #624 on: August 05, 2020, 02:40:26 pm »

Not to mention all the drivers crying and moaning to you

He left ages ago

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #625 on: August 05, 2020, 11:16:41 pm »

You lost me at...My best driver. Who the f**k do you think you are Tommy Gorman? With his "My men" garbled utterances.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #626 on: August 05, 2020, 11:18:06 pm »

You lost me at...My best driver. Who the f**k do you think you are Tommy Gorman? With his "My men" garbled utterances.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #627 on: August 06, 2020, 08:39:30 am »

There are 6 of us working Ireland by taxi jobs I administer it, the driver who did most of the jobs, answered his text messages quickly, showed up on time etc, switched to nights when there isn't a lot of IBT work, I referred to him as my best driver in the same way people refer to my best friend, my barber, my mechanic , you're just being pedantic

Offline Tony

« Reply #628 on: August 06, 2020, 08:52:56 am »
I dont see a problem with calling a driver thats reliable and covers the work your best driver, after all he or she is doing what is asked of them by their dispatcer just like the Freenow slaves, at the end of the day minus the discount / set prices your probably on a par with what youd pay in commission to the germans.

Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #629 on: August 06, 2020, 08:58:39 am »
I dont see a problem with calling a driver thats reliable and covers the work your best driver, after all he or she is doing what is asked of them by their dispatcer just like the Freenow slaves, at the end of the day minus the discount / set prices your probably on a par with what youd pay in commission to the germans.

That's the plan Tony, as we work with postal codes (to try make it simple for the punters), it was difficult to set one fare for entire areas, but the fares tend to be meaty enough to make them worthwhile doing, at least for the six of us that do them

Show Unread Posts