Author Topic: Bank refused to open business account  (Read 6995 times)

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
Re: Bank refused to open business account
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2019, 02:55:00 pm »
13 years at this changed my car this year 2.3 K insurance 3.5K for fuel 3.5 K car repoyments  so about 200 a week before I make a shilling then add in a mobile phone to recieve work cleaning and service another grand and a half a year .Thats about minimum investment
That’s heavy alright, and if you don’t mind me asking

How long would it take to make the €200 up?

I am going to be doing this Friday to Sunday only and maybe the odd weekday evening.
Hoping to get an airport pass and also FN have offered me €1000 sign up bonus.

I’ve already invested €400 for exam and licence hate to throw that away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john m

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2019, 03:01:36 pm »
You wont get an Airport Pass  they are not available You wont cover your expences and make wages unless you do 80 + hours based on your costs .

Offline vandriver

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2019, 03:30:41 pm »
As the resident renter,I wouldn't put you off joining our ranks,but it's very long hours to make a decent living.
Very important...put money away every week for your tax bill.Its easy to long finger it,then suddenly in year 2,you need to find 2 years tax at once.
If you have a partner that works ordinary hours,they must understand that you will be working all the hours that they are off.
I find that the wife loves the cash,but isn't at all keen on never seeing me!
The €370 a week for lynk doesn't include commission on accounts,so you will be paying more.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2019, 03:40:23 pm »
Just seeing your last reply.
If you are a renter,it is really full time only gig.
Friday Saturday Sunday might net you 7 hundred,making you a couple of hundred profit.
The FreeNow bonus requires you to hit certain targets.You aren't going to do that while signed up to lynk.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2019, 03:46:16 pm »
If you have a partner that works ordinary hours,they must understand that you will be working all the hours that they are off.
I find that the wife loves the cash,but isn't at all keen on never seeing me!

We have to listen to ye VD....maybe spend more time with the missus!! lol

Offline vandriver

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2019, 03:47:17 pm »
You can spend time with my missus,I'm busy!

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2019, 03:51:17 pm »
Just seeing your last reply.
If you are a renter,it is really full time only gig.
Friday Saturday Sunday might net you 7 hundred,making you a couple of hundred profit.
The FreeNow bonus requires you to hit certain targets.You aren't going to do that while signed up to lynk.

Its just a quote from Lynk I got, I only received 2 replies out of 8 mails, was only answering a question above about cost of rental, have decided what route to take.

Its sounding very daunting from all the replies.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2019, 04:06:46 pm »
Just to add at the moment it's busy if the economy takes a dive you'll be working 30% more hours to maintain the same money.Try it out by all means but the days of hiding money from the tax man are over.We're probably getting mandatory credit card machines next year.Already I'm seeing more and more card payments from the ranks.App work is mostly card work too.

Taxi driving costs at least 200 per week as an owner driver and up to 500 of you're renting.Depending on what you decide to drive.

Don't be fooled when you see lads driving Audis, Mercs and Beemers.Many live in cheap corpo gaffs or paid off their mortgages back when property was cheap.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 04:14:41 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2019, 04:10:45 pm »
You can spend time with my missus,I'm busy!

I've enough self flagellation goin on at the mo....but thanks anyways!!

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2019, 05:14:57 pm »
Just to add at the moment it's busy if the economy takes a dive you'll be working 30% more hours to maintain the same money.Try it out by all means but the days of hiding money from the tax man are over.We're probably getting mandatory credit card machines next year.Already I'm seeing more and more card payments from the ranks.App work is mostly card work too.

Taxi driving costs at least 200 per week as an owner driver and up to 500 of you're renting.Depending on what you decide to drive.

Don't be fooled when you see lads driving Audis, Mercs and Beemers.Many live in cheap corpo gaffs or paid off their mortgages back when property was cheap.

I think I seen a jaguar taxi too ;-), by the sounds of everyone it’s a dying sector and unless you are already comfortable living wise this is gonna be tough after living expenses, bills etc...
1. the foreigners that are doing it obviously get free housing (rent allowance) as you’d never survive with rent to pay along with everything else.

2. Guys in the games a while have already got house and kids grown up etc...

3. So the honest guy that wants to do things right gets shafted again, pay bills, buy a house, raise a family, Vhi if lucky etc.. country is a joke

Offline watty

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2019, 05:29:05 pm »
And don't forget autonomous/robot cars and taxis are supposedly on the way.  They're already trialling them on the straight roads in America and Japan is supposed to use them for the Olympics next year. 
When, or if, they become mainstream is debatable.   
But you said you're 39.  You've 30 years working life until you get to 70.  What will you do in 10, 20, 25 years when/if the robot taxis come into Ireland?

Personally, I don't think a taxi driver can raise a family unless they work long, long hours.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2019, 06:18:03 pm »

I think I seen a jaguar taxi too ;-), by the sounds of everyone it’s a dying sector and unless you are already comfortable living wise this is gonna be tough after living expenses, bills etc...
1. the foreigners that are doing it obviously get free housing (rent allowance) as you’d never survive with rent to pay along with everything else.

3. So the honest guy that wants to do things right gets shafted again, pay bills, buy a house, raise a family, Vhi if lucky etc.. country is a joke

sounds like you already have another job if you are only going to work weekends so maybe you should leave this game to us full time drivers who need it to make a living. even a full time driver who works all hours every day make feck all when all your expenses are taken into account.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2019, 06:42:57 pm »

sounds like you already have another job if you are only going to work weekends so maybe you should leave this game to us full time drivers who need it to make a living. even a full time driver who works all hours every day make feck all when all your expenses are taken into account.
I’m surprised no one else picked up on that comment.
If you only want to work at this part time and rent a car, don’t bother, you’ll either have to be 100% committed or work 17 hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I’m sure the other half won’t  like that at all.
Best advice is to get yourself a PAYE job

Offline watty

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2019, 07:00:30 pm »

Even better advice would be to get a civil/public service job!  No need to work, you don't even have to turn up, you don't have to pay for your pension...

The state pension (as we know it) is also on the way out - except for the above lucky ones  ::fds

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/automatic-pension-scheme-to-be-introduced-over-decade-1.4067292

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2019, 07:18:56 pm »

Even better advice would be to get a civil/public service job!  No need to work, you don't even have to turn up, you don't have to pay for your pension...

The state pension (as we know it) is also on the way out - except for the above lucky ones  ::fds

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/automatic-pension-scheme-to-be-introduced-over-decade-1.4067292
Become a politician so. Don’t promise too much, Just enough to get you re-elected each year

Show Unread Posts