Author Topic: Stop the 406  (Read 4887 times)

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
Stop the 406
« on: February 13, 2020, 07:31:52 pm »
406.. still there every time I post..Flickingup and down...Is this a windup?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Stop the 406
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 12:17:06 am »
Unacceptable.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 10:14:08 am »
Is it Peugeot trying to flog you a car ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 08:09:02 pm »
My mechanic told me...If you ever come in with a peugeot car ..you can put it in reverse and back right out..
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Tony

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 01:53:34 pm »
My mechanic told me...If you ever come in with a peugeot car ..you can put it in reverse and back right out..

Must be a shite mechanic
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 05:00:30 pm »
That's if you can get it in reverse, or any of the electrics are working. 8)

Offline C5

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 05:12:25 pm »
Peugeot jokes are a thing of the past like the Skoda jokes, Toyota proace vans are basically Peugeot experts with a Toyota badge.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 11:20:24 am »
Is anybody else ...constantly  getting ...406 's
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Tony

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 12:16:24 pm »
Is anybody else ...constantly  getting ...406 's

No.... Its just you
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 07:19:37 pm »
Peugeot jokes are a thing of the past like the Skoda jokes, Toyota proace vans are basically Peugeot experts with a Toyota badge.
We'll see when the wanked out panel vans start  giving trouble.
The French always outsourced their electrics, and therein lies the problem.

Offline C5

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 03:30:20 am »
Every manufacturer outsource everything nowadays,I've  never had electrical problems and I've driven a lot of French stuff.
We'll see when the wanked out panel vans start  giving trouble.
The French always outsourced their electrics, and therein lies the problem.

Offline Tony

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 07:52:11 am »
Every manufacturer outsource everything nowadays,I've  never had electrical problems and I've driven a lot of French stuff.[quote

+1
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 08:20:03 am »
Up until about ten years ago I was regularly seeing French cars driving around with dodgy lights/electrics.Reverse lights on while turning left and other weird stuff.The next batch of younger electric car buyers will have no memories of shit French cars.

I wouldn't take the slagging seriously about the French cars but if I'm driving for a living I'm gonna buy the most reliable heap I can afford.Not many on here are able to maintain their own vehicles and cars are more complicated and mechanics aren't cheap.

The point about Toyota working with Citroen on the Proace is a good one.But I'll bet they took the engines and electrical systems and tested them separately to make sure they were up to their own quality standards before they'd put the Toyota badge on the vehicle.

As they all go Hybrid and fully electric the gap in reliability will narrow even further.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 08:26:13 am »
Now if I was a taxi driver in Africa or some kip in the middle east I could drive anything because labour costs fuk all to repair.Ireland is relatively expensive.

Offline C5

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 10:15:23 am »
Up until about ten years ago I was regularly seeing French cars driving around with dodgy lights/electrics.Reverse lights on while turning left and other weird stuff.The next batch of younger electric car buyers will have no memories of shit French cars.

I wouldn't take the slagging seriously about the French cars but if I'm driving for a living I'm gonna buy the most reliable heap I can afford.Not many on here are able to maintain their own vehicles and cars are more complicated and mechanics aren't cheap.

The point about Toyota working with Citroen on the Proace is a good one.But I'll bet they took the engines and
electrical systems and tested them separately to make sure they were up to their own quality standards before they'd put the Toyota badge on the vehicle.

As they all go Hybrid and fully electric the gap in reliability will narrow even further.
its Toyota that latched onto Peugeot /Citroen because of the hiace being pulled from Europe because diesel engines are not in their DNA, Peugeot and vw have that perfected. Toyota needed to stay in the van game, they would be told to look elsewhere where if they started questioning and checking their engines and electrical stuff, psa are the 2nd biggest van manufacturers in Europe, you don't get there by been crap. And the blinking brake lights and reversing lights on while the turn signal was on that was Renault, plus thats an easy fix probably a loose ground. I've never driven Renault only Peugeot and Citroen.

Show Unread Posts