Author Topic: US Presidential Election November 2020.  (Read 38856 times)

Offline Belker

Re: US Presidential Election November 2020.
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2020, 12:13:29 pm »
....... I guess there is enough ambiguity in the Wording of the Presidential bet to support their interpretation especially if they pay out on the Election Result before the Swearing in .I just cashed out .
No, your hearing me all wrong John M, what I said was that you had no chance of a refund on Pence because he was not on the ballot paper. But as fer your initial argument on the Actual next president, I think you are right in what you say and if it were to come to fruition that Donny T didn't accept and Pence as vice was named as the next US president sworn in fer how ever long, then you have a good battle on your hands and I would gladly assist you.

john m

« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2020, 12:14:51 pm »
Powers are particularly bad at wording their offering .I remember there use to be a Sporting Life appeal .Where if there was a dispute between a Bookie and a Punter you wrote to the editor of the Sporting Life and his decision was accepted by both as a gentlemans agreement .There was a Case of a Fella had a bet that he would win the Mens Single title at Wimbledon had a £10 @ 1000/1 He won but the Bookies were paying out on Boris Becker that year .But yer man wrote to the Sporting Life and said He was the Wimbledon Mens Champ .Boris Becker was The All England Lawn Tennis Champion and that event was held at Wimbledon .But the Wimbledon Mens Championship was for members only and he won that .The Sporting Life agreed and I remember a Picture of Graham Sharp From William Hills handing over the Check

john m

« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2020, 12:18:19 pm »
....... I guess there is enough ambiguity in the Wording of the Presidential bet to support their interpretation especially if they pay out on the Election Result before the Swearing in .I just cashed out .
No, your hearing me all wrong John M, what I said was that you had no chance of a refund on Pence because he was not on the ballot paper. But as fer your initial argument on the Actual next president, I think you are right in what you say and if it were to come to fruition that Donny T didn't accept and Pence as vice was named as the next US president sworn in fer how ever long, then you have a good battle on your hands and I would gladly assist you.

If the Market is settled straight away I dont think Donny will quit on the Night before he gets to do some Damage then they can reasonably say it was all in run or not and they have settled that market .Not worth giving them my few quid if I wont get paid .I take it then that you had the Bet if you think there is a chance of a payout .I cashed out then had a smaller bet .More chance of paying out on a Tenner than 80 yoyo .

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2020, 06:41:43 pm »
This market will be settled according to the candidate that has the most projected Electoral College votes won at the 2020 presidential election. Any subsequent events such as a ‘faithless elector’ will have no effect on the settlement of this market.

----------------

Part of betfair's rules which I would imagine are the same as PP.They only want the result as it's counted,nothing else.

john m

« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2020, 06:50:42 pm »
Boyles betting the Same Market Make Pense 600/1 but they make it clear to win Presidential election .

Offline Belker

« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2020, 09:25:37 am »
....... I remember there use to be a Sporting Life appeal .Where if there was a dispute between a Bookie and a Punter you wrote to the editor of the Sporting Life and his decision was accepted by both as a gentlemans agreement ......
It was called the Green seal service.

Offline Belker

« Reply #201 on: November 03, 2020, 09:39:40 am »
D-Day fer Donny today !
He shortened a good bit in the betting market over night from 2.86 to 2.56.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/politics/market/1.128151441

john m

« Reply #202 on: November 03, 2020, 09:42:44 am »
Dont know if its true or not but there is allegedly been a 5 million dollar bet on him with some offshore bookie .I have a Bet on the Election .I took 1/1 Biden wins Florida .If Trump wins florida then its Evens the field .

Offline Belker

« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2020, 09:49:10 am »
Did you see the amount of money traded on the betfair exchange ? 
340 million !!

When is the result expected to be announced ?

john m

« Reply #204 on: November 03, 2020, 09:55:20 am »
340 million !!

When is the result expected to be announced ?

Official result 14 of December .

Offline Belker

« Reply #205 on: November 03, 2020, 10:01:05 am »
As in when do we know the actual count result, as in tomorrow or Thursday ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2020, 10:13:02 am »
340 million !!
Another 2.5 million traded in the last 20 mins.
Betfair might crash, there showing Trump as both Back and Lay @ 2.58.
I never ever seen that on their site before.

john m

« Reply #207 on: November 03, 2020, 10:15:24 am »
As in when do we know the actual count result, as in tomorrow or Thursday ?

December 14th .The result of the election is when the Electoral college meet ..Now here is what people dont understand .Lets say if you win the State then you win the College votes for that state .So the Delegates go into your lobby and are counted .BUT and its a BIG BUT .The delegates for that state do NOT have to follow the wishes of the voters its just custom and practise that they do .So the official result of the election will be 14th of December when the College meets to vote for a President .Just like in Ireland the TD even the ones from a party do not have to vote for their leader or party for President .But Bookies might bet first past the post based on NBC election forcast results .You might have a bit of shit getting some of your payouts .If you doubled the Presidential vote with another sport .The Books might say elections were singles only so might split your stake half on your winning football team and half on Donny T .Powers did that on Me .

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #208 on: November 03, 2020, 10:22:32 am »
Some guy in England yesterday had 1 million sterling at 1.5 on Biden with betfair,supposed to be the biggest ever single bet in politics??

john m

« Reply #209 on: November 03, 2020, 10:23:36 am »
Some guy in England yesterday had 1 million sterling at 1.5 on Biden with betfair,supposed to be the biggest ever single bet in politics??

There is another one 5 million on Trump .Miami will be one of the early states to return a result Biden wins there he wins .1/1 Biden to win Miami I had a small bet .

Show Unread Posts