Author Topic: The Soviet Republic of Ireland  (Read 10362 times)

dalymount

Re: The Soviet Republic of Ireland
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2020, 06:26:14 pm »
Qe got a mention on the 1 oclock news today,as one of the groups of workers who have been decimated by covid.they were talking about the budget ,and how the deficit is not nearly as bad as first thought,so to rhat end the report was about which groups of workers should benefit from any government stimulus package,and we were specifically mentioned

Offline Jonno

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2020, 06:33:29 pm »
Qe got a mention on the 1 oclock news today,as one of the groups of workers who have been decimated by covid.they were talking about the budget ,and how the deficit is not nearly as bad as first thought,so to rhat end the report was about which groups of workers should benefit from any government stimulus package,and we were specifically mentioned
First time I'll actually be listening to the budget to hear that we may be getting something rather than hearing what they're taking off us. There'd berra be more than waiving the poxy €150 licence fee. That wouldn't buy you two cups of coffee a week.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2020, 07:04:12 pm »
What I would like to know is who exactly is speaking to the government on our behalf that there might possibly be anything going for us in the budget.None of the unions represent any serious amount of drivers so it's hard to believe the NTA are dealing with them.

Offline sore

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2020, 07:15:45 pm »
No one is talking on our behalf merc. they are trying to help all badly hit self employed. we just happen to be self employed. maybe that taxi protect has had some effect?

dalymount

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2020, 07:23:38 pm »
What I would like to know is who exactly is speaking to the government on our behalf that there might possibly be anything going for us in the budget.None of the unions represent any serious amount of drivers so it's hard to believe the NTA are dealing with them.
well I have to say,Boyd Barrett made numerous pleas on our behalf.I seen him at least 3 times in recent days speak very passionately about the plight of taxi drivers

dalymount

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2020, 07:26:44 pm »
I think its also fair to say the Dublin,and cork protest also had an impact in highlighting where the industry finds itself at the moment.these protests were organised by the unions,so it would be unfair to say the unions are not playing their part as well

Offline Jonno

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2020, 07:40:49 pm »
well I have to say,Boyd Barrett made numerous pleas on our behalf.I seen him at least 3 times in recent days speak very passionately about the plight of taxi drivers
He was the first and only one that came to my mind when I heard about this earlier. Fair fucking play to him. Hopefully he'll get his rewards come election time (soon).
Did Ross speak up once or twice as well before? Maybe I'm imagining it.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2020, 08:15:45 pm »
If FF were in opposition they'd be voicing on behalf of everyone...i do believe however that Dickie Boyd regardless of his privileged upbringing does care.

Offline Jonno

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2020, 08:28:25 pm »
If FF were in opposition they'd be voicing on behalf of everyone...i do believe however that Dickie Boyd regardless of his privileged upbringing does care.
Coin Meehawl. Gimme coin.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2020, 08:32:53 pm »
Coin Meehawl. Gimme coin.

That's what i want.......money!!

dalymount

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2020, 09:37:11 pm »
Dickie barrett is great so he is

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2020, 10:42:42 pm »
spoofer.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2020, 12:05:08 am »
Dickie barrett is great so he is
His policies don't come much more left wing for Ireland. Don't think that adoption counts as privileged.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

dalymount

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2020, 08:40:30 am »
I heard on the grapevine that self employed will be allowed to work/earn up to 418 euro a week,and STILL get the PUP. This is going to be in the budget from what I was told

Offline Jonno

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2020, 09:03:48 am »
I heard on the grapevine that self employed will be allowed to work/earn up to 418 euro a week,and STILL get the PUP. This is going to be in the budget from what I was told
That'll be the day

Show Unread Posts