Author Topic: Travellers  (Read 130137 times)

dalymount

Re: Travellers
« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2019, 10:46:20 pm »
I'm sick and fukkin tired of the do gooders wanting to always let the courts deal with things like this. I say organised vigilante groups should mobilise now fukk the do gooders as they stand in the back of the court to tell the judge oh he comes from a deprived background

dalymount

« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2019, 10:51:23 pm »
The world and it's mother knows that the vast majority of robberies and intimidation of old people throughout the country is carried out by the dirty filthy fukjin knckers, yet because of the PC society we live in nobody will call them out it's sickening

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #257 on: August 21, 2019, 12:59:36 am »
https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-warn-owners-of-ford-transit-vans-over-engine-scam-945126.html

Gardaí are warning drivers of Ford Transit vans of a scam targeting them.

The warning comes as gardaí in Granard, Co. Longford, are investigating an organised crime gang involved in the international sale and distribution of stolen machinery and vehicle parts.

It involves an offer to repair or replace a vehicle's engine through online ads on popular sales sites. The advert offers to collect the van from any part of the country, carry out repairs or if necessary, replace the engine with a reconditioned one, and once repaired to return it to the owner.

However, gardaí say once a scammer has a person's van, it's fitted with a stolen engine.

They say owners are losing out on the cost of repair, and again when the vehicle is seized.

They're warning owners to be wary and to only allow a qualified mechanic in a recognised garage to repair their vehicle.

"You are taking a big risk giving your van to a stranger who collects it from your door and takes it away for repairs to an unknown location. If you are a victim, this scam will have cost you money and your van will be seized by gardaí,” said a Garda statement.

« Reply #258 on: August 21, 2019, 01:16:41 am »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.joe.ie/amp/news/armed-gardai-deployed-violence-longford-672958

Armed Gardaí deployed in Longford following 43 incidents of violence involving six feuding families

The incidents include arson and a drive-by shooting.

Gardaí in Longford and Granard districts are to be assisted by Western Region Armed Support Units to manage the ongoing incidents of violence linked to a number of feuds within the Travelling community in the county.

To date, there have been approximately 43 incidents involving six different feuding families resident in Longford, with the most serious in gravity including assaults requiring hospital treatment, criminal damage, arson and a drive-by shooting.

Investigating Gardaí in Longford and Granard Districts have conducted a number of arrests as part of Operation Stola and up to 15 individuals are presently before the courts for offences linked directly to the ongoing feuds.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #259 on: August 21, 2019, 01:08:31 pm »
A very misunderstood people, I found. Great for loyalty though........got 2 lads to trim my auldlads hedge, circa 1997, and when me stereo went missing from the Corona.....they fucking found it for me.....sound lads.

Online silverbullet

« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2019, 02:41:08 pm »
A very misunderstood people, I found. Great for loyalty though........got 2 lads to trim my auldlads hedge, circa 1997, and when me stereo went missing from the Corona.....they fucking found it for me.....sound lads.
You can't tar them all with the same driveway.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #261 on: August 21, 2019, 02:57:28 pm »
Exactly.......gravel and gavel...too close to call.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2019, 09:38:59 pm »
They probly stoled it in the first place

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2019, 05:23:11 am »
Maybe....

Offline Belker

« Reply #265 on: August 27, 2019, 01:35:58 am »
In the Midlands and West where they would get more Knacker fares than Cork or Dooblin, it is Cash up-front all the time regardless of who you are. Probably the best policy because Knackers just don't pay their fare so if'n you charge everyone up-front then you are not scriminating !

dalymount

« Reply #266 on: August 27, 2019, 09:41:44 am »
i could never understand why drivers feel more comfortable having got the fare up front. If you pick up two or three fellas who you think might be dodgy , what's to stop them giving you the fare up front and then knocking the bollox out of ya when ya get to where they are going and taking it back ???

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #267 on: August 27, 2019, 10:39:19 am »
True
If you have to ask for money up front you shouldn’t be taking them.

dalymount

« Reply #268 on: August 27, 2019, 11:21:20 am »
Also if you do ask for money up front, it makes for an unpleasant journey because straight away there is a level of mistrust

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #269 on: August 27, 2019, 11:53:38 am »
Plenty of turkeys out there think when a person puts out his hand you have to stop.

Show Unread Posts