Author Topic: Summoned to the Depot  (Read 74118 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Summoned to the Depot
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2017, 12:52:31 pm »
Have to agree with MFH....not only are drivers switching off but so are passengers....and not just on weekends,i've had passengers abandon the app and just street hail,
I rarely get priority these days but if i manage to i'm still being offered jobs up to 6kms away which i generally ignore/refuse which means drivers closer arn't being offered these jobs initially probably because they don't have priority, i've said it to customers who have said they find it hard to get a taxi,
Funny though....most times when i'm offered a job that's really close to me i rarely get it but for jobs from 2.5 - 6.5 kms away...that job had a tendency to linger on my screen....i suspect if i happened to be sitting outside any of those addresses kms away....there would be someone closer!!!

Offline Tony

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2017, 01:32:34 pm »
Ah sure wait till the new app comes out,  it's  run by taxi drivers for taxi drivers, it comes out in the next few weeks I believe..
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2017, 01:41:08 pm »
Ah sure wait till the new app comes out,  it's  run by taxi drivers for taxi drivers, it comes out in the next few weeks I believe..

Puc on and all tat be great

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2017, 02:30:29 pm »
I was at the lights at Santry Cross about 30 mins ago and a job came up for santry cross.Tried to open it but it was gone.There were no taxis around me in either direction so I just forgot about it.Next thing I'm passing by the Civic offices on the Ballymun Road then I see a mytaxi ambassador jumping the speed ramps like something from the Dukes of fukkin hazard empty heading towards Santry Cross.

The jobs no longer go to the closest car he must have been at least a km away when he got the job.It just confirms what others have been posting.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 02:34:38 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2017, 02:37:39 pm »
You're always gonna get that type of fool who'd mow down a granny to get to a job kms away,
I use the app to suit me,if they don't wanna give me a job i'm right beside that's fine....Fridays and Saturdays come around very quick these days!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2017, 10:36:27 pm »
I don't agree that PUC would make no difference, erm. On it's own, perhaps but if combined with a cap on commission I reckon they'd cover most of the work. Mistrust is another issue though, one which undoubtedly reduces acceptance rates and will continue to have an effect regardless of what they might do. Drivers initially joined in the mistaken belief that PPJ would leave them better off than the then normal fixed freight. A year or two back Hail0 reported that it's top drivers pay €240/week in commission, allowing at least the same again in discounts. Drivers also seemed to be of the opinion that Hail0 was all about them and was going to put all the mean and nasty Irish dispatch firms out of business. Now that mytaxi makes no secret of it's agenda i.e. to gain control of taxi work with the primary objective of harvesting data for it's parent company, drivers are realising that they were misled.

Now that mytaxi is poised to manipulate NTA via it's seat on TAC I guess we can expect PUC to be abolished and the entrance exam to be diluted. We may well see the temporary moratorium on the issue of saloon plates being temporarily lifted and a pre-booked taxi pick up area at DAP. Drivers need their interests represented on TAC by somebody who understands how mytaxi is distorting demand for it's service by throwing millions of euros worth of vouchers at passengers and how it abuses it's position in forcing drivers to give discounts of up to 36%.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2017, 11:11:28 am »
A student of the future, Mr Catcher, you must be. When will the modern programmable working class goon wake up and realise he/she is being forced into a unilateral alliance with the biggest despatch company in Ireland, one which will never favour the "Friday and Saturday" casual user. The plan has yet to be truly revealed but, naturally, when it is, many will continue to whistle "God save Ireland say the heroes" as they are led to the slaughter by their Hal-Al scrag ends.

john m

« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2017, 11:19:02 am »
 modern programmable working class goon ......We have a Poet among us 

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2017, 11:21:40 am »
...or a pisshead....one in the same.

john m

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2017, 11:29:46 am »

Dont insult the new man .........................................................YET .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2017, 11:35:36 am »

You've proven my point, Deep Throat...you just don't realise it...programmable goon.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2017, 11:36:30 am »
mytaxi isn't too bad for part-timers who don't work enough hours to justify paying a ton freight.

john m

« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2017, 11:39:30 am »
mytaxi isn't too bad for part-timers who don't work enough hours to justify paying a ton freight.

What colour Fleecie top did they promise you ........

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2017, 11:59:07 am »
^^^Hi Hippo..

john m

« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2017, 12:06:04 pm »
^^^Hi Hippo..

modern programmable working class goon . As the man said

Show Unread Posts