Public Area > Taxi Talk

Screens

(1/33) > >>

Hugh Jenob:
Folks just a quick query about these screens. I know the subjects been touched upon a couple of times but I have a specific question. Do any of youse know any driver that actually got one installed and passed suitability? Charles Robinson up in ballymount does one that wraps around the driver compartment. I seen photos of the finished job on his fb page. Looks v professional. Does any know about this firm? Reliable etc? It's a saloon I have and I know for sure the 650mm requirement won't be met. Then again I've never seen them being measured at northpoint. Any input would be appreciated.

mercenary for hire:
It's not an air tight screen.It has holes.So it's for security more than anything.You'll still need a mask.

Suitability won't be open so you've no way of knowing if he's telling the truth about being able to pass it out.

john m:
Hugh try read the forum .THERE IS NO STANDARD FOR SCREENS ........THE NTA HAVE SAID THEY DO NOT OFFER ANY PROTECTION .There are guidelines you must not reduce the internal space below the standard .you must not interfere with safety devices ie airbags or head rests .You must use shatter proof material .As far as I know with the exception of the spring loaded compression fitted rubber edged screen I made myself no screen available on the market meets the requirements laid down by the NTA that would guarantee that they would pass suitability IF SCREENS ever become part of the suitability test .WHERE DID YOU GET THE IDEA THAT SCREENS WILL BE PART OF THE SUITABILITY TEST ?

watty:
It's not the screen, per say.  It's the distance from the back seat to the front.  And some might put the passenger leaflet thingy in a pocket on the rear of the front seat.  Putting in a screen might mean you fail on those two things.

Theoneandonly:

--- Quote from: Hugh Jenob on May 25, 2020, 11:07:32 am ---Folks just a quick query about these screens. I know the subjects been touched upon a couple of times but I have a specific question. Do any of youse know any driver that actually got one installed and passed suitability? Charles Robinson up in ballymount does one that wraps around the driver compartment. I seen photos of the finished job on his fb page. Looks v professional. Does any know about this firm? Reliable etc? It's a saloon I have and I know for sure the 650mm requirement won't be met. Then again I've never seen them being measured at northpoint. Any input would be appreciated.

--- End quote ---

Get one that is easily removed/replaced and don't have it in place for the suitability test

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version