Author Topic: Gay Byrne RIP  (Read 7347 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Gay Byrne RIP
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2019, 12:37:09 pm »
In fairness John he touched many peoples lives...in much the same way that Octy nearly touched cloth....cos he got caught up in Gaybos funeral,

200 jobs goin at RTE...i don't think covering the funeral is the best use of licence fees tbh.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 12:39:40 pm »
Probably the best ratings it'll see for a long time. It's broke because it thinks mediocre (at best) presenters like Joe Duffy, Ryan Tubridy, Ray Darcy, Pat (the plank) Kenny, etc are stars and pays them accordingly.

First mass I've virtually attended in many a year.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 12:47:49 pm »
Tubbers on 495k per year,self employed contractor..much the same as the rest of the "stars"
Even if he took a 30% cut he'd still be on nearly 350k....200k more than he should be on....average wage for the normals in RTE is 72k!!.....where do i sign?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 01:03:07 pm »
Tubbers on 495k per year,self employed contractor..much the same as the rest of the "stars"
Even if he took a 30% cut he'd still be on nearly 350k....200k more than he should be on....average wage for the normals in RTE is 72k!!.....where do i sign?
I'll miss you, but then again I can always tune in and watch if I'm not washing what's left of me Hair
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2019, 02:38:40 pm »

What would happen to Bohemians Football Club if it decided to pay it's players the same as Tottenham Hotspur players?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2019, 02:55:09 pm »

What would happen to Bohemians Football Club if it decided to pay it's players the same as Tottenham Hotspur players?

I've no idea but Dalyer might have an opinion,
But i'm not forced by means of an annual fee to support Bohs.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2019, 03:14:29 pm »
It's hard to justify a licence fee in this day and age. In years gone by it could be used to promote public service broadcasting and/or censor content to exclude content Govt doesn't consider to be in the public interest but these days anyone can broadcast anything they want on the internet and there's no shortage of what one might consider to be public service content such as news and current affairs coverage and debate.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2019, 03:47:23 pm »
It has been said that RTE has bern the mouthpiece for government spin forever although i did read yesterday that presenter Will Leahy from RTE Gold did say that they were using very expensive technology to broadcast and because of the platform they use they're not included in the JNLR figures.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2019, 03:51:29 pm »
There wasn't a  dry pew in the Cathedral said one mourner!! 8)

Offline Tony

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2019, 03:56:44 pm »
There wasn't a  dry pew in the Cathedral said one mourner!! 8)

Laffin
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2019, 01:46:18 pm »
I heard on the wireless that RTE doesn't get paid by Sky for it's content... so why aren't the RTE channels FTA on the Sky platform? It seems they have all the negotiating skills of someone with extremely poor negotiating skills.

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2019, 02:08:42 pm »
I told yis before...
If you want to make money........
Fuk the telly in the( neighbours ) skip...
Wen yu get up in the mornin......yur forced to do something else like go for a walk  or go out in yur car driving .....
The telly is t e enemy....
It's the main cause of heart disease in the westerners world ....also fighting over the remote is estimated by scientists to be the main instigator catalyst in most marriages break ups....
Try it ....get rid of it for a week ....an yull find yur mot be so bored she go to bed early and wont be able to sleep and will be more givish in the caknubials and your romantic life will be reignited ....and yull start to be unbrainwashed and become a human been again .....plus loads of money and beer belly gone and yur mot stroking yur arse as yu walk tru lidl together buying Christmas decorations
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2019, 02:27:02 pm »
Forgive Me ignorance Occi But Cak Nubials I know KaKa is AfricKans/ Dutch for Shit .So Is Cak nubilals anything to do with Anal action .Asking for a friend of Big Dommos Sisters Neighbour

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2019, 02:43:10 pm »
Forgive Me ignorance Occi But Cak Nubials I know KaKa is AfricKans/ Dutch for Shit .So Is Cak nubilals anything to do with Anal action .Asking for a friend of Big Dommos Sisters Neighbour

Which....is you John....you're speaking in the....fifth person again!!

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2019, 04:06:47 pm »
I dont really know Johnny to be honest
...words come into me head sometimes I never heard before and they just sound right.....I dont tink I had anywhere in me subconsciously suggesting yu approach the the tradesman entrance wit yur willy .....
Some times me phone just comes out wit it too like its possessed or something.....
Any way I told the luv of me life yesterday to sling her hook ...
Didn't take it too well ..I've had enough..... I suspect mikey the punk rocker is giving her a large portion behind me back so fuk that ...so I'm on the look out for a new bit of fluff....the owlones next door isn't talking to me either ....the owlone upstairs is past it  ,and the owlones downstairs let herself go too much....
Wat am I goin do now?

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Show Unread Posts