Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 109963 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2019, 12:08:28 pm »
Top Man there Rats....had to believe a man that can do 6 miles plus a day walk has a heart issue but genetics are what fucks us all in the long run. My last treadmill test involved a 20 min walk up steep gradients and 3 of the them were looking at the time it took my heart rate to reduce back to resting rate after each hill.....that's the issue for them......will it go back to normal rate quickly enough.. when you stop exercising your heart has to return to a normal rate within 3 mins.........if it doesn't you have a problem.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2019, 12:09:35 pm »
All grand until something goes wrong. Dublin, Cork, Galway and Belfast........cities mean survival rates are much higher.
Not sure about that, LL. My younger not so young lad had some sort of fit/seizure over a year ago and ended up in Beaumont... loadsa tests later he was told there's nothing untoward - no family history of epilepsy or anything like that - and it was probably a one-off brought on by shock, cutting his finger was the initial trigger. Then it happened again a few months later and he got the same diagnosis. Happened again this week and he ended up in Drogheda A&E with his face smashed up a bit. The consultant there has him booked in for a whole range tests that hadn't been done in Beaumont. Also, he was kept overnight for observation in Drogheda whereas they can't get rid of you quick enough from the overcrowded Dublin hospitals. Mrs' Catcher swore she'd never take the road south for an A&E again having observed folk coming in and getting treated in Drogheda as opposed to being queued for hours (sometimes days) in Beaumont.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2019, 12:15:27 pm »
Ok...but I'd say as a Dub yourself you'd rather be taken in by ambulance to James' or Vinnies than the Midlands in Tullamore if it involved your ticker.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2019, 12:33:53 pm »
Walking up hills is where you'll find out if you have a heart issue lads.....don't ignore it if you are wheezing or spluttering after it....most heart issues have fuck all to with weight or drinking...................genetics.. usually occurs in the late 40's or early 50's.....if you're breathless walking up the stairs then it's your heart or your kidneys that are the reason..

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2019, 12:46:42 pm »
Dunno, went to Beaumont with me shoulder back in August and spent the whole day queuing in A&E. If I had Mrs. Catcher's now knowledge of Drogheda A&E I woulda gone north. In theory you ought to end up in the right place regardless of where you present. Head injuries, for example, are routinely air lifted to Beaumont and heart is surgery generally referred to the matter. My father was transferred to the Mater with his heart a few years back having initially been brought to Beaumont by ambulance. Funny (well, not at the time) enough my mother went to the Mater Private of her own accord a few weeks back and was sent to Beaumont where she spent a night in a chair because that's where her records were and they reckoned (correctly, as it transpired) that a change in medication was all that was required.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2019, 12:49:52 pm »
Just as you were posting,I was having that prep talk from one of the psychologist

The Psychologist has just signed himself into the Asylum!

john m

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2019, 12:56:40 pm »
I posted this for you before https://www.raftermedicalcentres.ie/the-practice?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqM-Y3KLE5gIVDLDtCh0S4QG4EAAYASAAEgJNWPD_BwE
 They do a voucher on Pigsback .com 60 yoyo for full medical and blood tests I go every year .Park in Tescos carpark and walk down just beside Slatteries

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2019, 12:59:40 pm »
Discounting scumbags.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2019, 03:20:30 pm »
Dunno, went to Beaumont with me shoulder back in August and spent the whole day queuing in A&E. If I had Mrs. Catcher's now knowledge of Drogheda A&E I woulda gone north. In theory you ought to end up in the right place regardless of where you present. Head injuries, for example, are routinely air lifted to Beaumont and heart is surgery generally referred to the matter. My father was transferred to the Mater with his heart a few years back having initially been brought to Beaumont by ambulance. Funny (well, not at the time) enough my mother went to the Mater Private of her own accord a few weeks back and was sent to Beaumont where she spent a night in a chair because that's where her records were and they reckoned (correctly, as it transpired) that a change in medication was all that was required.

Nearly sure I was your double in Somerset recently.....in fact, I'd bet me last, har har Jim Lad, sov on it....a table for 240 notes at the Butlins festive fat-cunt special? Pity the bastards won't let people who don't suck the witches tit a few quid off.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2019, 03:24:06 pm »
Mea Culpa...I was- I meant to be- I saw....gradual decline of the digital faculties.....apologies Rattmeister.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2019, 04:01:41 pm »
I was there all right... dancing away to Oasisn't after 12 hours on that weak English beer. I'm sure Billy has it well watered, hardly a puker in the place, not even the one's smuggling Lidl vodka to combine with jugs of Coca-Cola! Worked out at €210/head for us, including fiver flights, chalet, darts tickets and a car from Enterprise... I mention Enterprise because Europcar was a fair bit cheaper but I like the UK car hire with US customer service... and Europcar stung us for STG£65 for an alleged scratched alloy last year... Enterprise don't count scratches on wheels as damage or dents below approx fist size.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 04:06:12 pm by Rat Catcher »

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2019, 04:49:21 pm »
Fuk sake ....poor owl daily lying in hospital an yuos 2 gone off on a natter forgettin all about him........
Dont mind the cnuts daily .....I'll go for a walk wit ya wen ya get out ...just pm me ......I'll even pick ya up from yur house and drive ya to the park .....10 % discount on the fare anall...
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

dalymount

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2019, 05:23:45 pm »
Fukk sake.I just had the cardiologist in with me .its worse then I thought.I thought it wasa triiple bypass,apparently all 5 main arteries are blocked

Offline watty

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2019, 05:43:02 pm »
In a way that's good news - might as well get them all done at the same time.  Be positive! 

Offline Frank d sociopath

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2019, 05:49:00 pm »
Watz yer burd look like...

Frankey  ::fds
Ifn i don knowz ya den fuk ya

Show Unread Posts