Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 109965 times)

dalymount

Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2019, 07:37:06 pm »
The fact that im on my last legs,and frankie the undertaker makes a come back,is this pure coincidence ?

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2019, 07:54:16 pm »
Fukk sake.I just had the cardiologist in with me .its worse then I thought.I thought it wasa triiple bypass,apparently all 5 main arteries are blocked
5 arteries?
I'm pretty sure there's only 4 heart arteries...as in quadruple bypass.
maybe he's gonna do something with the artery in your mickey as well.

dalymount

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2019, 08:24:47 pm »
There is actually only 3 main arteries,but two of the smaller ones that branch off them are also fukked

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2019, 09:34:43 pm »
The fact that im on my last legs,and frankie the undertaker makes a come back,is this pure coincidence ?
Dont be mindin frankie...hes just lookin for business daily an yu still breathin ....
Chmere....me fire extinguisher is nearly out date......any chance I can have yurs  :P O:-) :-\?
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

dalymount

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2019, 10:01:06 pm »
Ya certainly can,I wont be needing it anymore,ive taken me last fare reckon

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2019, 10:58:11 pm »

The vultures are circling  ::fuck

Dalymount,you've had a "Road to Damascus" moment,there's millions out there who never got the heads up that you've been given (albeit horrible news).

From everything I know about this the operation is eminently survivable and you will be able to decide at the other side of it whether you want to go back again.

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2019, 11:06:23 pm »
 :2cheers

The vultures are circling  ::fuck

Dalymount,you've had a "Road to Damascus" moment,there's millions out there who never got the heads up that you've been given (albeit horrible news).

From everything I know about this the operation is eminently survivable and you will be able to decide at the other side of it whether you want to go back again.
::cheers

john m

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2019, 11:17:59 pm »
Paul you will be grand ,grave yard humor is the order of the day on here if we were feeling sorry for you ,you would have reason to be worried .

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2019, 04:29:21 am »
Good luck with the bypass..You are lucky that you got a warning  and what happens now is out of your hands..Think like your on a plane to the cannerys and the pilot is in control..Live in the now and try to sneak a few whiskeys in...over xmas..GL
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline the driver

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2019, 06:46:42 am »
Dalymount if it is any consolation to you my wife was in the same boat 2 years ago.She had a heart attack and did not realise it.She went to her GP(Sam Nasser of tax dodge fame) complaining of a pain in her collar bone.He examined her,came out to me in the car and told me to get her to the Blackrock clinic straight away.They quickly diagnosed that her Aortic valve was not working right.It cost 550 Euro for the tests,but it was the best money I ever spent.

She was transferred by ambulance to the Mater private and was operated on 3 days later.The surgery took about 4 hours and she was released from hospital 8 days later.She could not drive for 6 weeks and did not go back to work for 4 months.By the way the same surgeons that work in the Mater private do all the cardiac work in the main Mater hospital so you are in good hands.The only reason she was in the private is because her co pay VHI for us.The level of care is the same in both hospitals.

Like yourself her problem was hereditary and all her family including nieces and nephews and our own daughter had to have tests carried out to check their hearts.Her younger sister was found to have the same problem.She had her Aortic valve replaced 3 months later.All the others were clear.

I can honestly say the wife is like a new woman since the op.So do not be worried about it.You will come out the other side like a new man.I am quite sure you will be back cheering your beloved Boh's at the first home game of the season with a new roar in your voice.

Best wishes

Martin

dalymount

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2019, 07:18:41 am »
Thanks martin,every time I feel down stories like that pick me up again.it helps more then you know.tbh I feel I just want to have a really good cry to let the emotion out I dont mind telling you.im very scared,but thank you all for the uplifting comments and PMS

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2019, 10:06:01 am »
Good luck with the bypass..You are lucky that you got a warning  and what happens now is out of your hands..Think like your on a plane to the cannerys and the pilot is in control..Live in the now and try to sneak a few whiskeys in...over xmas..GL

Fuk sake coola ....hes not a sardine....its canaries 

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2019, 10:27:11 am »

Fuk sake coola ....hes not a sardine....its canaries

Yeah and he doesn't drink, why are you putting bad ideas in his head coolaboola ?

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2019, 10:41:04 am »
That's not cool Boola.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2019, 10:57:49 am »
There is actually only 3 main arteries,but two of the smaller ones that branch off them are also fukked

That's not a problem Dalyer....some blood must be getting through all the same. Blockages come from wear and tear over the yrs. Funnily enough if you sat on your arse and never played any sports you'd have less wear and tear or plaque in the vessels. Half the lads getting transplants have them because they were very active and then stopped......the muscle breaks down and that's all the heart is, a muscle. What you have to have done is very routine nowadays even though it's scary. You'll be back working a lot faster than someone who's obese or a smoker......guarantee it. Tight abs and a narrow waist count for nothing with the ticker. The worst part of it is afterwards when the lectures about diet an lifestyle come into play....laugh it all off is my advice. My aulfella did sports all his life as did I.......still have to get check-ups and regular assessment because of bad genes. Come the end of January you'll be out and on meds for a few months with the mini-marathon on your mind for June.

Show Unread Posts