Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 111858 times)

dalymount

Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #285 on: January 02, 2020, 10:35:22 am »
Rang BJP to see if I would have to inform the insurance of bypass surgery.he said yes,but it would not necessarily impact my policy if I get a doctors note to say im fit to drive.I dont know if I believe him or not you know what insurance companies are like any excuse to screw you

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #286 on: January 02, 2020, 10:51:31 am »
"Not necessarily " is ambiguous...they'd say mass alri!!

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #287 on: January 02, 2020, 11:00:24 am »
Daly yer nearly dead...you've had a chance at a new heart and a new life.I wouldn't give a flying shite what your broker thinks or says.

Maybe now is a good time to reevaluate whether you should be drivng for a living.My heart is perfect and I still don't want to do this job.An expensive hobby that's eating away at your pension.

You might find that you're not down that much money after you take the cost of running a taxi out of your sums (10k).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:04:37 am by mercenary for hire »

dalymount

« Reply #288 on: January 02, 2020, 11:49:48 am »
What do ya mean MFH ?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #289 on: January 02, 2020, 12:08:39 pm »
I think he means chill Dalyer!!

What date is surgery scheduled for?

« Reply #290 on: January 02, 2020, 12:11:27 pm »
Your paying at least ten grand a year to be in the taxi business.Maybe if you didn't have to run such an expensive business you could live off your pension and savings.Try something else.See the world.Dealing with drunks and pikeys isn't really something you want to be doing with a bionic heart..The stress of staying on the road would be enough for most people.

dalymount

« Reply #291 on: January 02, 2020, 12:39:19 pm »
Dont have a choice MFH my pension is nothing like people think

« Reply #292 on: January 02, 2020, 12:48:19 pm »
If it was really small you'd say how much it was......Anyway I don't care life's too short.Do the sums with your accountant and make a decision.You could be surprised.Remember mandatory credit cards next year so your tax bill is gonna increase going forward or you'll be getting less and less work as the cash dries up and the apps make it harder to find your own jobs.

At the moment I'm reluctantly saving for my next taxi.Only because I have a mortgage to clear.Otherwise I'd be trying something less expensive.

Like Octy said in the other thread a tenner an hour if your lucky.Lots of lads driving around in newish motors earning less than the bus driver.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #293 on: January 02, 2020, 12:58:14 pm »
Oh yes, mandatory Card Payments. That'll be fun watching the whole fleet parked up for 3 hours on New Years Eve, all waiting to see that their tenner has been "authorised".

« Reply #294 on: January 02, 2020, 01:03:30 pm »
I'm sure we will pretend the machines are broken as much as possible but the other 90% of the year they'll be fining drivers flouting the regulations.If fact they'll encourage us to squeal on each other to deter rogue drivers!

dalymount

« Reply #295 on: January 02, 2020, 01:10:29 pm »
Its like I always said,you can rebel against mandatory CC facilities.its the same in every aspect of any industry.if the people directly affected by it rise up against it,then they cannot enforce it.the fact that drivers are not rebelling,is a clear indication they are happy with its introduction.there was no consultation t drivers on this,they just dais we are introducing it,and drivers accept it

dalymount

« Reply #296 on: January 02, 2020, 01:13:37 pm »
The NTA dont see taxis as part of the transport system at all,and unless we let our voices be heard c.f. collectively it will remain that way.

« Reply #297 on: January 02, 2020, 01:14:14 pm »
I think you can still make a submission.But it's very hard to say

"Dear NTA,
I don't want to accept credit cards as it most likely will triple my tax liability.
           Regards MFH."

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #298 on: January 02, 2020, 01:16:22 pm »
I'll definitely have a "Card Payment System Down" sign up ifn I ever work New Year's Eve again.

dalymount

« Reply #299 on: January 02, 2020, 01:52:02 pm »
This is not from any safety aspect for the drivers as they are trying to claim,its a way of keeping tabs on our earnings for tax purposes.its the same when your aligned with a dispatchet they know every penny your earning.dont think for a minute if the revenue walked into Kearns office and asked to see what the drivers were earning  he would tell them to f off

Show Unread Posts