Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 131083 times)

dalymount

Re: Brexit
« Reply #315 on: September 05, 2018, 12:37:07 pm »
I wouldn't have the interest,the will,or the knowledge of how to function in such a situation.however ibelieve John does,and I also believe we,as an industry,should seriously consider offering our support to him should he wish to avail of it

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #316 on: September 05, 2018, 12:37:39 pm »
The Premiership is never as exciting as the Championship.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #317 on: September 05, 2018, 12:39:23 pm »
I wouldn't have the interest,the will,or the knowledge of how to function in such a situation.however ibelieve John does,and I also believe we,as an industry,should seriously consider offering our support to him should he wish to avail of it

I thought money might come up alright. Functioning in what situation??...drinking, taking shite and lying?

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #318 on: September 05, 2018, 12:39:41 pm »
We`ve engineered our own demise over the last 20 years. Even if we controlled DCC, there`d be backbiting and cliques within the controlling group nevermind the penchant taxi drivers have to email or voice on phone in shows, their own particular version of Utopia. We are a classic example of democracy failing.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #319 on: September 05, 2018, 12:40:44 pm »
We`ve engineered our own demise over the last 20 years. Even if we controlled DCC, there`d be backbiting and cliques within the controlling group nevermind the penchant taxi drivers have to email or voice on phone in shows, their own particular version of Utopia. We are a classic example of democracy failing.

Knew John Waters had a second gig.........you're fucking nabbed, Johnny boy.

dalymount

« Reply #320 on: September 05, 2018, 12:41:58 pm »
Well at least we would know in advance when we are going to loose ranks,be blocked from using collage green,and other things we usually find out through the media

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #321 on: September 05, 2018, 12:44:08 pm »
Well at least we would know in advance when we are going to loose ranks,be blocked from using collage green,and other things we usually find out through the media

Fuck the media.........we have youtube......

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #322 on: September 05, 2018, 12:44:33 pm »
All that info was in circulation well before the media reported it.

dalymount

« Reply #323 on: September 05, 2018, 12:59:39 pm »
I can't understand why you don't seem to think it would be better to have a man on the council,then to NOT have a man on the council.a common trend I have noticed with taxi drivers over the years is (and this is an observation,rather then a criticism) we are great at doing nothing.our industry is riddled with illegal operators,we do nothing ,our industry is crippled with double jobbers,we do nothing,illegally parked drivers stealing work from official ranks in close proximity ,we do nothing 2 examples would be,official rank outside city bar,20 yards away a string of illegally parked taxis outside the old central bank we do nothing Foster's rank ,a load of illegally parked taxis outside londis shop we do nothing at least a man on the council could insist that the authorities take this seriously,and get up off their lazy fukking arses and carry out their duties

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #324 on: September 05, 2018, 01:21:21 pm »
Well. holy God Biddy........

And that was not aimed at anyone in particular....relaxez-vous.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 01:45:37 pm by The Liffey Lip »

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #325 on: September 05, 2018, 01:51:07 pm »
I can't understand why you don't seem to think it would be better to have a man on the council,then to NOT have a man on the council.a common trend I have noticed with taxi drivers over the years is (and this is an observation,rather then a criticism) we are great at doing nothing.our industry is riddled with illegal operators,we do nothing ,our industry is crippled with double jobbers,we do nothing,illegally parked drivers stealing work from official ranks in close proximity ,we do nothing 2 examples would be,official rank outside city bar,20 yards away a string of illegally parked taxis outside the old central bank we do nothing Foster's rank ,a load of illegally parked taxis outside londis shop we do nothing at least a man on the council could insist that the authorities take this seriously,and get up off their lazy fukking arses and carry out their duties

I never stated it wouldn`t be better, however, an individual on DCC cannot represent every drivers personal gripe. There`s too many chiefs Dalyer. The powers that be know we`re fragmented beyond fixing. Like I said, we`re responsible for that.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #326 on: September 05, 2018, 03:38:33 pm »
To be fair, the trade would be in a lot better shape if the so-called unions done nothing DM.

john m

« Reply #327 on: September 05, 2018, 06:09:15 pm »

That Ship has sailed Dollymount 8 years ago was the time look at who got elected to DCC in that year People For Profit indies like Mannix Flynn I had a Plan to stand 3 drivers one in Ballyfermot/Drimnagh the other in Dublin South Central,and the other in Crumlin Kimmage those 3 wards make up the Dail constituency of Dublin South Central which was a 5 seat constituency in the next General election Joan Collins got elected to the Dail for Profit for the People .We didnt even have to win a council seat just show the Political Parties that we had the Know how to get organised .The next local election will be a carve up between the right of center parties like SF/FF/FG .Right wing parties wont win local elections they might unseat the other protest candidates like Profit From The People in a general election .Just because they represent a Protest .

dalymount

« Reply #328 on: September 05, 2018, 06:57:39 pm »
I think that is a very defeatist attidute John,and istill believe people like yourself,and some others on here could make a huge difference to the way our industry is run.the level of professionalism within the industry is stiffiling.drivers parking illegally within yards of official ranks,drivers unlicenced and operating with impunity,no toilet facilities,etc etc there is still so much to be done,and that situation will not change unless people who care bring it about.I really have to wonder wether or not drivers care about their livlehoods,or their industry

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #329 on: September 07, 2018, 04:24:09 pm »
Defeatist but sensible, erm. The Shiners have a few immigrants on councils, I'd imagine they're well acquainted with the taxi trade.

Show Unread Posts