Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 132396 times)

dalymount

Re: Brexit
« Reply #375 on: October 20, 2018, 01:56:22 pm »
I see the assholes in London have taken to the streets looking fora second vote.I hope to God they dont  get the numbers they want,but I fear they will .the same thing is happening to them,as what happened to us . Go back and vote again till you get it right those scumbags in the EU  are doing everything in their power to frustrate the brexit process. They know if they keep rejecting every proposal,they will beat the british people into submission.they know the people will get pissed off,and just opt to remain.RESPECT THE LEAVE VOTE

dalymount

« Reply #376 on: October 20, 2018, 02:04:08 pm »
Cast your minds back.they made it clear at the time ,that once article 50 was triggered ,there was no going back.what a load of bollox.if the brits said they wanted ti come back,article 50 would go right out the fukking window.then they had the cheek to call the leave side liars,what a load of bollox

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #377 on: October 20, 2018, 11:31:15 pm »
 :They observed Democracy, we don't.

dalymount

« Reply #378 on: October 21, 2018, 05:12:19 am »
They acrually dont observe democracy,because if they did they would respect the result of rhe referendum,and the leave side who won it

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #379 on: October 21, 2018, 08:09:43 am »
Leftism/Marxism is the fastest growing religion in the world.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #380 on: November 27, 2018, 03:43:24 pm »
Anyways...on the upside....i received a letter addressed to my Ma(passed away June 99) at my home address from Royal London(formerly Royal Liver) advising her know that because of Brexit they would be an Irish office on St Stephens Green from next Feb...address and phone number included on said letter....also on said letter were two policy numbers(we thought all policies related to both parents were settled after their deaths)...after a few phonecalls and eventually having to ask(politely) to speak to a supervisor cos they weren't answering my questions,i was transferred to the bereavement dept(not before being told by April i'd get the same answers)...she was wrong btw...my new bff Kevin told me after cross referencing the policies numbers with the settled claim 19 years ago that theywere still active and that they were(obviously) overlooked and that i wouldn't need to supply any additional info like April and wanted me to....still couldn't tell me how the fuk my Ma and my address were associated as she never even got to step foot in our gaff...anyways,cheque in the post...made payable to moi...yeah yeah,i've told the brother and sister about it...probably worth €12.63 with 19yrs interest added!!

So...Brexit is good!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #381 on: November 27, 2018, 03:49:12 pm »
There's quite a few financial services firms relocating from London to Dublin, at least in part. Good for house prices but not so good for the homeless, I guess.

john m

« Reply #382 on: November 27, 2018, 05:02:11 pm »
Might be tax liabilities on policies held in the UKif there is no financial passporting could also be issues with motor insurance issued by british FT registered quoted companies incurring dual stamp duty by both the british and irish financial authorities who may have dual juristrictionover said policies .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #383 on: November 27, 2018, 05:05:40 pm »
Talking of passports... I noticed we're being scanned in to the country now. Big Brother is watching our every move.

dalymount

« Reply #384 on: November 27, 2018, 05:22:01 pm »
So whats new ?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #385 on: November 27, 2018, 05:23:47 pm »
I'm sure every company selling any type of insurance here in the RoI would have to be registered to do so and act within our financial regulatory framework and i doubt there would be tax liabilities attached to such policies.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #386 on: November 27, 2018, 05:28:02 pm »
So whats new ?

If you're asking about the new passport controls, what's new is the scanning. They used to just have a quick glance as you walked passed the box, now they electronically record your passport. They also have self service machines that take your photo and scan the passport to cut down on staff. I noticed the same system in Spain in October and the self service machines have been in Italy for a few years now so they can readily trace our movements throughout the EU. I guess the taxman might take an interest in how many holidays taximen take?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 05:32:02 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #387 on: November 27, 2018, 05:42:03 pm »
So whats new ?

If you're asking about the new passport controls, what's new is the scanning. They used to just have a quick glance as you walked passed the box, now they electronically record your passport. They also have self service machines that take your photo and scan the passport to cut down on staff. I noticed the same system in Spain in October and the self service machines have been in Italy for a few years now so they can readily trace our movements throughout the EU. I guess the taxman might take an interest in how many holidays taximen take?
Information shared??  Passport still stamped??
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #388 on: November 27, 2018, 05:45:48 pm »
I'm sure every company selling any type of insurance here in the RoI would have to be registered to do so and act within our financial regulatory framework and i doubt there would be tax liabilities attached to such policies.

Most of the Insurance companies trading in Ireland are registered and Regulated overseas just like a lot of legal firms .A lot of the top British Legal firms are partnering with European and Irish firms to circumvent any disturbances caused by brexit .The problem for Axa or Aviva is they are British Registered Firms big European registered Firms will protest that they can write business in Europe without incurring European Stamp duty if they are outside the ECB regulation so they may have to pay european stamp duty on top of their british stamp duty on policies if they wish to continue to write business .There are a lot oh hidden costs to Brexit and A level playing field will really mean stuffing the Brits .I read on some webpage that there could be about a 9% premium for british firms compeating in europe .On the upside if the brits dont compete for the business there might be more european based insurers willing to write taxi or life policies and costs might actually come down .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #389 on: November 27, 2018, 05:58:16 pm »
Dunno the rules on sharing the data, BS. I can't remember when I last had my passport stamped in an EU country but I do recall a lady in front of me at the queue to get into Italy requesting a stamp a few years back and being politely refused. I got a whole heap of stamps on a day trip to Morocco this year though, two stamps in and two stamps out so I suspect you have to leave the EU to get stamped.

Show Unread Posts