Author Topic: Free now starting to force WAV taxi drivers to take wheelchair jobs? Thoughts?  (Read 5352 times)

Offline Frantaximan112233

• Valued Contributor
So I see free now are starting to offer wheelchair accessible car training for drivers. As a part of this they are also going to start forcing WAV drivers to take at least one wheelchair job per week or they will remove your access to the app. I have a few problems with this. Firstly I've had wheelchair jobs offered to me that where miles away or in the middle of really bad areas. I took one outside they city West hotel one night and it turned out to be a gang of ropey fuckers who hit the wheelchair taxi button on the app because they thought they'd get a 7 seater, thank God I wasn't a seven seater as I felt if they'd gotten in the car I'd have been toast. So if I don't take they first few wheelchair jobs for whatever reason that I'm offered in a week and then I'm offered one in a dodgy area and it's the last one that week I get banned?
Also I feel as I pay free now for a service that they shouldn't be dictating to me as to which jobs I should take or should not take?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
I find them OK provided you obey the rules. If you mess about you'll be sacked, they've made that perfectly clear in several communications. Hence if they say you have to cover a wheelchair job, cover a wheelchair job and you'll have no issues.

Offline mercenary for hire

How often do you get offered these type of jobs?

Offline Horse

Could you get one of your mates or missus or something to order a WC cab fran? Just make sure your standing right beside them when you do, do the cash job and you're  sorted.

• Valued Contributor
Guys I've no problem doing the jobs it's just that they aren't always what they seem. I've taken two recently that were just drinks that had hit wheelchair cos they were drunk. The problem is will I now have to chase these jobs just to make sure I get one. Will I have to accept one of these jobs in a bad area and again I'm paying them for a service, this changes the dynamic to me working for them.

Just ring they passenger and ask them of they definitely need a wheelchair van.It's the price you pay for getting an almost free taxi plate.I paid nearly 6k for my saloon plate.Not that much but the wheelie one was only 125/250 can't remember exactly.Also you're getting to keep your vehicle until it's 15 years old which is a huge plus.Saloon drivers have to fork out more cash when our cars are 10.

• Valued Contributor
How often do you get offered these type of jobs?
Sometimes a few a day/week, sometimes might not get many.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
I guess you should report clients who abuse the system. I would be inclined to refuse service and apply for a no contact fee also. In reality, they are letting you do work they own so you are working for them. It's their work so it's up to them who they allow access it and on what terms.

Could you argue for priority status or a gold medal or something for covering a job over a certain distance away?

• Valued Contributor
Just ring they passenger and ask them of they definitely need a wheelchair van.It's the price you pay for getting an almost free taxi plate.I paid nearly 6k for my saloon plate.Not that much but the wheelie one was only 125/250 can't remember exactly.Also you're getting to keep your vehicle until it's 15 years old which is a huge plus.Saloon drivers have to fork out more cash when our cars are 10.

Again no problems doing this kind of work. My main issue is with a company providing me a service now dictating to me what way I use the service. And really, 6000, you poor fella, how do you afford to live. Tell you what I'll give u my plate for free and 10000 grand for yours.

• Valued Contributor
I guess you should report clients who abuse the system. I would be inclined to refuse service and apply for a no contact fee also. In reality, they are letting you do work they own so you are working for them. It's their work so it's up to them who they allow access it and on what terms.
If we think like this we won't have an industry left in a few years. It's taxi work and we drive the taxis, if we don't take their work, they will cease to exist in the market. It's your work, they put us and the customer together

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
It was your/our work but we gave it two them so now it's their work. We won't refuse to cover it, they know that, but if we did it would merely strengthen their hand in lobbying for P2P rideshare. They already use clapped out shiteboxes masquerading as limousines and hackneys to cover taxi eHails, they will use private cars if/when the regulatory framework permits.

^^^^I'm doing alright now fran but ten years ago it was gick out there.If you weren't on the road back then I can tell you your takings were about 60% less per shift so be happy.

I was actually considering buying a wheely van.The 15-year rule might be the deciding factor.I'd happily do one shit job a week to avoid spending 2500 a year on replacing my saloon for 5 years.

Freenow are obliged as part of their despatch operators licensing conditions to cover some capper work.You are part of their network.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:55:07 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline watty

So I see free now are starting to offer wheelchair accessible car training for drivers. As a part of this they are also going to start forcing WAV drivers to take at least one wheelchair job per week or they will remove your access to the app. I have a few problems with this. Firstly I've had wheelchair jobs offered to me that where miles away or in the middle of really bad areas. I took one outside they city West hotel one night and it turned out to be a gang of ropey fuckers who hit the wheelchair taxi button on the app because they thought they'd get a 7 seater, thank God I wasn't a seven seater as I felt if they'd gotten in the car I'd have been toast. So if I don't take they first few wheelchair jobs for whatever reason that I'm offered in a week and then I'm offered one in a dodgy area and it's the last one that week I get banned?
Also I feel as I pay free now for a service that they shouldn't be dictating to me as to which jobs I should take or should not take?
Can't remember what it's called but the default distance limit something like 2.5km.  Set the distance limit to 1km.  If they offer you jobs outside that limit, refuse them.  If FN kick up, say FN works for you & *you've* set the limit at 1km.  They put the option in the app so they can't complain if you choose to use it?

Maybe change your profile on the app to a 6 or 8 seater taxi with no wheelchair option?

The only people you have to keep happy re wheelchair jobs are the NTA?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
If you work for a dispatch firm you have to obey their rules... if you don't like the rules don't work for them... simples.

dalymount

There you go, rat has said it, if you work FOR a dispatcher, you obay their rules. The problem with that is though, you do not work FOR a dispatcher, you work WITH a dispatcher. but now, because of your willingness to allow all dispatchers to call the shots, they have you all by the balls. Threats that you will be removed from the system. Why the fukk don't you all organise yourselfs ;and take back control ? I don't know how you didn't see this coming where you would all end up as emoyees

Show Unread Posts