Author Topic: Spy's Out there  (Read 22726 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Spy's Out there
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2019, 01:26:03 pm »
What are ya talking about free sticker removal ??

Ah nuttin.....thought you were aware of Wild Bills antics.

dalymount

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2019, 01:32:07 pm »
No, I don't even know who the cunt is, but I gaurentee you if he ever shouted at me, or tried to bully me , as he appears to have done to some of the drivers he would never do it again make no mistake about it

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2019, 01:35:42 pm »
No, I don't even know who the cunt is, but I gaurentee you if he ever shouted at me, or tried to bully me , as he appears to have done to some of the drivers he would never do it again make no mistake about it

There's a vid out there of him ripping Hailo stickers off a taxi roofsign near their office on Upr Mount St.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2019, 01:35:42 pm »
His plate is 20061.In a Renault fluence now since March by the looks of it.I deffo seen him working in the last year.
maybe he comes home to keep the plate active, and doesn’t trust anyone enough to rent it out let out long term. Or else things aren’t as rosy over in Espania

Hal, I dunno what he does over there.

dalymount

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2019, 01:43:57 pm »
I checked it . That bloke is coming up as a fella called Dermot, I thought you said his name was Bill . Maybe I got the plate number wrong

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2019, 01:47:42 pm »
I checked it . That bloke is coming up as a fella called Dermot, I thought you said his name was Bill . Maybe I got the plate number wrong

The plate number belongs to Dermot...he was one of the three amigos in Hailo...along with Bill Costello(Free Now) and Dave(now of Flag).

dalymount

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2019, 01:54:26 pm »
Is that crowd flag still going ? I thought they were dead and buried

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2019, 01:57:39 pm »
Is that crowd flag still going ? I thought they were dead and buried

Haven't heard anything from them....someone on here did mention they were doing some sort of (another) launch.

dalymount

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2019, 02:02:56 pm »
Another  crowd queing up to tell SELF EMPLOYED men what to do

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2019, 02:09:43 pm »
Another  crowd queing up to tell SELF EMPLOYED men what to do

Don't think the self employed men were queuing up to be told what to do!!

dalymount

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2019, 02:13:24 pm »
Well they did with F/N expert, cab200000000000,lynk ECT etc

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2019, 02:20:05 pm »
Well they did with F/N expert, cab200000000000,lynk ECT etc
the cab companies did their best to get drivers work, drivers paid for that service. Some companies brought in uniforms to better the work the drivers were looking for, eg hotels etc etc.
Have you ever had a radio DM?

dalymount

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2019, 04:12:50 pm »
No never had a radio. I believe being self employed means exactly that. Not being told by a 3rd party what to wear, how much to charge, being treated like an employee, when the drivers are actually the employer. Think about this. You are a SELF EMPLOYED business man or taxi driver in this case. Now as such , you decide to employ the services of a  dispatcher to provide work to you, but you are the man who owns the business right ? Now suddenly the dispatcher you have engaged to provide work to you, (and that is his only function)  starts laying down rules for YOU, instead of YOU making the rules for HIM, can you not see anything wrong with that. ???

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2019, 04:20:10 pm »
No never had a radio. I believe being self employed means exactly that. Not being told by a 3rd party what to wear, how much to charge, being treated like an employee, when the drivers are actually the employer. Think about this. You are a SELF EMPLOYED business man or taxi driver in this case. Now as such , you decide to employ the services of a  dispatcher to provide work to you, but you are the man who owns the business right ? Now suddenly the dispatcher you have engaged to provide work to you, (and that is his only function)  starts laying down rules for YOU, instead of YOU making the rules for HIM, can you not see anything wrong with that. ???
DM, would it not be like say a self-employed Builder who bids for a job and gets the work.
The person he is building for lays down the Law(way he wants building done/cleanliness/ etc), is this not similar ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2019, 04:23:36 pm »
I think we've talked about this before...unfortunately the day when people left their house and stood in the pissins of rain hoping an empty taxi would pass are long gone,technology(the phone) led to some taxi drivers seeing a niche in the market where there was a centralised booking...a taxi company.....now with expanding technology we have the interweb and smartphones and people ordering taxis don't even need to go to their neighbours(and leave 20p) for the use of their phone to ring a joe...it's all tap tap now,taxis even accept credit cards now...well most do anyway.

Show Unread Posts