Author Topic: Spy's Out there  (Read 22745 times)

dalymount

Re: Spy's Out there
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2019, 04:40:04 pm »
STC it's not at all like the example you describe of the builder. In this case the taxi driver already has an established business up, and running. In this case he decides to engage the services of a 3rd party ( completely unnessesarly in my view) but instead of the taxi driver conducting his business in a professional manner, he allows this 3rd party to manipulate him , and direct his business for him therefore demoting him to the status of an employee withour employee status, or benefits

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2019, 04:59:09 pm »
DM, I fully understand and respect your stance on the 3rd Party , I am in the game over 15 year's , like you was never with a radio company (because I never trusted the cnuts).

Fortunately/Unfortunately as Hal has said technology has now taken over and if we want to survive we have got to embrace it.

It would be great if we could turn the clock back and make loads of CASH from the streets but I don't think that is ever going to happen as the world is slowly/quickly becoming a cashless society, even the beggers will have to have Credit Card machines if they want to survive.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

dalymount

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2019, 05:19:06 pm »
But you this is the point I have been trying to make all along . Of course people will go back to hailing cabs on the street. Do you really believe people won't go into town just because they now have to come out on the street to get a cab ,?  The only reason people tap a button on their phone now is, because they are fukkin spoilt. They are not going to turn around and say im not going out because I now have to come out to get a cab rather then tap a button . They are glad to hail a cab on Friday, and Saturday nights, and they just have to be trained to do that again. Drivers need to understand we can operate without dispatchers, but dispatchers cannot operate without drivers. Now looking at that situation from a logical point of view, who do you think holds all the aces ? That's right drivers. But what do the drivers choose to do ? They give control of THEIR business to these dispatchers

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2019, 06:25:20 pm »
...taxis even accept credit cards now...well most do anyway.

Never, Never, Never!

Offline watty

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2019, 06:33:20 pm »
<snip>...Now looking at that situation from a logical point of view, who do you think holds all the aces ? That's right drivers. But what do the drivers choose to do ? They give control of THEIR business to these dispatchers
The person who pays you money for a service!

Everything has moved/is moving to the internet.  Even you are sharing your opinion with us on this internet site, instead of a taxi rank!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2019, 06:34:50 pm »
Free Now hold the aces now. They own the work. If taximen don't want it they'll give it to unlicensed cars.

dalymount

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2019, 06:47:39 pm »
Wrong rat, I keep coming back to the point we can operate without them, but they cannot operate without us. Yet we choose to give them total control of our business

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2019, 06:52:19 pm »
OIf course they can. They already use hackneys and clapped out shiteboxes masquerading as limousines to cover taxi fares... if they lost all their taxis Govt would allow P2P rideshare in an act.

Offline watty

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2019, 07:04:09 pm »
Wrong rat, I keep coming back to the point we can operate without them, but they cannot operate without us. Yet we choose to give them total control of our business
True but we can't operate without passengers.  And an awful lot of them choose to press a button on their phone.

Same with cash.  Plenty of young people nowadays don't carry cash, they pay with their phone, their watch and god knows what else.  That's why I have the sumup gadget.  (Well, that & American tourists going to the airport)

dalymount

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2019, 07:06:52 pm »
And do you seriously think people would stop using taxis just because they didn't have the luxury of pressing a button ??

Offline watty

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2019, 07:53:59 pm »
The button exists.  If the FN button disappeared, another button would appear.

Another 'service business' example might be the chipper/pizza shops.  When was the last time you drove down the pizza shop, waited 10mins, and drove home with your pizza.  The vast majority of people are happy to phone/internet their pizza order, wait 30mins, pay €2 delivery charge, give the delivery guy a tip, while they watch Eastenders or whatever.

We, and pizza shops, are at the extreme end of options.  People can walk, bicycle, bus, drive themselves, etc.  People can cook their own food, ffs!  When you get to our end of the spending spectrum, people will pay extra to get what they want.  They'll pay €2 for you to drive to their front door.  They do not think, 'I'll save €2 if I walk to the bottom of my road and wait 10 mins in the rain for a taxi to come along.'  Half the world's population is women - just sayin'...  O:-)

dalymount

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2019, 07:57:37 pm »
Well it's not so long ago your videos,/ owners interfered in your business by telling you NOT to charge 2 euro call out unless I'm mistaken ?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2019, 08:52:01 pm »
Well,the sooner the better they invent a time machine the better,go back and take out Alexander Graham Ding dong!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2019, 08:59:13 pm »
Well it's not so long ago your videos,/ owners interfered in your business by telling you NOT to charge 2 euro call out unless I'm mistaken ?

You're not. Under the then mytaxi brand it was the last dispatcher to abolish discounts as the economy came out of recession.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2019, 11:21:01 pm »

You're not. Under the then mytaxi brand it was the last dispatcher to abolish discounts as the economy came out of recession.
Ebbs introduced the no PUC.

Show Unread Posts