Author Topic: Spy's Out there  (Read 22736 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Spy's Out there
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2019, 04:50:46 am »
And do you seriously think people would stop using taxis just because they didn't have the luxury of pressing a button ??
That is a ridiculous question because the 'button' does exist and it won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Lucky fer you that you have some juicy spots in the pale where you get enough flag downs to keep you going.
I will only speak fer myself as a Cork driver and say that no way could I rely on street work only, maybe I could if I was to join ranks but that is not my thing. I cruise the streets and work FN, that is what works best fer me.

Offline Belker

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2019, 04:58:58 am »
Belker believes (wrongly IMO) that if he says anything negative towards Hailo/MT/Freenow he will be penalised with less work.

The boss of Freenow could take a shite on his bonnet and Belker would say thank you sir can I have another.
I wouldn't agree with all that MFH, I had a bit of a spat published on here with them recently when they introduced the 5 Euro cancellation fee to customers after only TWO MINUTES but only applied the scrub to us after FIVE MINUTES, apart from that I don't really have any problems with the company, they offer me jobs on screen, if I like it I take it, if'n I don't then I decline it. PUC negates the commission.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 05:01:37 am by Belker »

dalymount

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2019, 07:26:43 am »
Another example of drivers being treated like employees is, they just fall in line if the dispatcher says your not to charge a PUC. that is not a matter for the dispatcher, it's a matter for the driver. You have only hired this dispatcher to dispatch work to you, not to direct how you should run your business

Offline Belker

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2019, 09:12:10 am »
Another example of drivers being treated like employees is, they just fall in line if the dispatcher says your not to charge a PUC. that is not a matter for the dispatcher, it's a matter for the driver. You have only hired this dispatcher to dispatch work to you, not to direct how you should run your business
I'm only guessing that No dispatcher does that anymore, at least not the FN dispatcher that I sometimes take jobs from when they suit me.

dalymount

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2019, 09:14:57 am »
Are you saying it is NOT the case that dispatchers once issued such a directive, and that drivers DID NOT fall in line with that demand ???

Offline Belker

« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2019, 09:26:29 am »
@ DM, Do you go by the NTA rules ?
As in do you have your door signage as required on your Joe ?
Do you have your meter sealed as per requirement ?
Have you passed the required annual NCT ?
Is your cab clean enough to pass Suitability ?

Self Employed ??

Offline Belker

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2019, 09:32:16 am »
Are you saying it is NOT the case that dispatchers once issued such a directive, and that drivers DID NOT fall in line with that demand ???
They all did indeed, and I did too, but that is History, those days are long gone....
Today it's full fare + PUC + Extra passengers and no exceptions (except family), Maybe !

dalymount

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2019, 09:35:05 am »
Yes I comply with a
ALL the regulations as laid down by the GOVERNING BODY for taxi regulation. I DO NOT comply with regulations as laid down by a 3rd party who I hired for the sole purpose of providing me with work, for which I would pay them a fee

Offline Belker

« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2019, 09:40:28 am »
We should have a Protest to the NTA to make it non-compulsory fer Taxi drivers to be affiliated with a dispatch firm.

Offline Belker

« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2019, 09:57:31 am »
@ DM, Why de Fook you care so much about what other drivers and dispatchers are doing mystifies me ?

Fer me I work the street, work FN when it suits me, get a birra work on me private phone, and I couldn't give a Flying Fook about what anyone else is doing.
We are all just looking out fer ourselves and trying to make a birra coin, none of us (base owners, app owners, drivers) are ever going to be Millionaires, we are just playing the game and surviving to pay our bills, and Yes Base owners and App owners do have bills too !

dalymount

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2019, 10:00:01 am »
You may well laugh Ken, but it is actually the position of the government to have all taxis compulsory aligned to dispatchers. Indeed this was expressed to myself, and two other drivers some years ago by the then minister Alan Kelly during a meeting in Kildare at. As far as I'm concerned drivers are playing right into their hands. When the time comes for compulsory alignment, and dispatchers are calling the shots, what happens when pay per job is done away with, and you have to pay a weekly freight to them, and at the same time there is no work out there because of recession. This is what my concern is. If you give dispatchers total control, they can do what they fukkin like with you. It's all great now, cause no such problems exist, but you just wait and see what happens when they get total control

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2019, 10:00:48 am »
Yes I comply with a
ALL the regulations as laid down by the GOVERNING BODY for taxi regulation. I DO NOT comply with regulations as laid down by a 3rd party who I hired for the sole purpose of providing me with work, for which I would pay them a fee

+1

Offline Belker

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2019, 10:15:34 am »
You may well laugh Ken, but it is actually the position of the government to have all taxis compulsory aligned to dispatchers. Indeed this was expressed to myself, and two other drivers some years ago by the then minister Alan Kelly during a meeting in Kildare at. As far as I'm concerned drivers are playing right into their hands. When the time comes for compulsory alignment, and dispatchers are calling the shots, what happens when pay per job is done away with, and you have to pay a weekly freight to them, and at the same time there is no work out there because of recession. This is what my concern is. If you give dispatchers total control, they can do what they fukkin like with you. It's all great now, cause no such problems exist, but you just wait and see what happens when they get total control
Are you another Illuminati Nutjob ?
This MIGHT happen ! That MIGHT happen ! Ahh Fook off !

Join the Real world of what actually happens !!

Offline Belker

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2019, 10:18:56 am »
Yes I comply with a
+1
We should have a Protest to the NTA to make it non-compulsory fer Taxi drivers to be affiliated with a dispatch firm.

dalymount

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2019, 04:29:06 pm »
Ken you said I should join the real world of what really will happen ? Well I'll tell ya what will happen. Recession will really happen . Work will dry up as a result , that will also really happen. Your beloved dispatcher will have total control of the industry , that will really happen. When they DO get control, you will be scrambling around trying to make up the dispatchers weekly freight that will really happen, and here is the punchline you'll be first in line to complain that these people now run the industry, and where are you going to find a ton plus every week to pay them

Show Unread Posts