Author Topic: Important Update  (Read 58579 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Important Update
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2018, 04:56:33 am »
Ken still friends with Vinny on Facebuke?

I haven't been in touch with Vinny fer years, he seems a decent sort to me,
but he could talk fer Ireland and ya ring him fer a quick 5 minute chat about something
and your still on the phone an hour later !

Offline Belker

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2018, 05:01:04 am »
You're a bit more than a regular Belker. You're in frequent contact with one of the managers in Mytaxi. You're not trustworthy IMO or qualified to look at Flag impartially like the rest of us.......
Nope ! That is not true, Bill Costello from old Hailo now MyTaxi is someone that I would consider as a friend,
but the last time I spoke or had contact with him was last May when I was Stickering up.

Offline Belker

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2018, 05:04:27 am »
Which drivers requested the ambassador program?Stick up some plate numbers.That's complete bollox Korky.No offence but if Mytaxi told yis that and yous believed it yis are more naive than I suspected.

Id say it was ken

No, it wasn't !
I was completely opposed to the Ambassador program UNTIL Korky showed me his weekly figures,
and I soon changed my mind after that !

Offline Belker

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2018, 05:10:40 am »
Your car shud have taxi on the roof an stickers for tax, insurance, NCT.,licence ....
That's it.....
Wearin some radio companies jumper or jacket wit their name on   compulsoryerely ( probably not a real word) is branding yourself......
Have you no pride atall left?
Anyone tryin to do that to me gets their gaff burned to the ground and their dog strangled
Wearing a branded uniform is not compulsory with MyTaxi, they do give you a free branded jacket but you can wear it if you choose,
personally I didn't even take the jacket.

Offline Belker

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2018, 05:15:13 am »
I'm only Ten years in this game but when I started I had a 4 map photocopies of the Four corners of Cork city, a 3210 Nokia and a base radio. No smart phone, No Sat-nav, No Google maps and a base op with the attitude that he was Julius Ceasar himself !
You are right Sclass, today we really are blessed !
And he still uses that 3210
I would still be on the old 3210 only fer these Taxi forums, it was mainly Roy and a few other associates who 'Pressganged' me in to going smartphone and getting on to the Hailo app.

Offline Belker

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2018, 06:01:26 am »
Flag Vs MyTaxi;

They are both business's and anybody naive enough to think that any business has it's customers best intrest's at heart should probably refrain from posting, whether it be Taxi app's or supermarkets or pension companies or what ever the bottom line is to show a profit. Which is similar to ourselves, we are all out there to make our wages and hopefully show a profit and we all work differently, some work Rank only, some work Street only, others work App only, and the most of us just like to Mix 'n Match.

Of the old 3 Amigos from Hailo; We have Bill Costello now with MyTaxi, a man that I have befriended over the years and have never had a problem with, to the extent that if I have a businessman in the car complaining about his Taxi base business service, then I will give him Bill's personal number, or a Newbie looking to join MyTaxi who was a tad unsure about the procedure, then again he would get Bill's personal number from me in the knowledge that Bill would look after anyone that I sent to him.

Dermot retired to Spain.

Dave Knox now with Flag, I dunno, he never sat Right with me, the day he sat in SilverSprings hotel in Cork and told us that; "When we said it was nearest car gets the job, that wasn't exactly true", and as I'm sat there in the audience I'm thinking, 'What exactly Else isin't True' ? But in his defence, he did tell us that he told Lies, while he could just have easily said that the rules had changed a bit in recent days.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2018, 07:03:26 am »
I remember ya used to be on Roys forum talking about some Dark Lord I never heard of like he was some sort of hero.At one point I think ya even considered leaving your taxi plate to him.Another friend Belker?How is the relationship now?

I have to say I've never ever had a superior that I would call a friend.

Offline Belker

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2018, 07:50:33 am »
I remember ya used to be on Roys forum talking about some Dark Lord I never heard of like he was some sort of hero.At one point I think ya even considered leaving your taxi plate to him.Another friend Belker?How is the relationship now?

I have to say I've never ever had a superior that I would call a friend.

That depends on what your idea of a Superior is ?
Fer me the 'Dark Lord' and I were good friends fer many years, he provided me with work, I done it and paid him his cut, there was never a Superior/Inferiour thing about it, we just worked on and he provided the work and all was Good.

Whom exactly is your Superior today MFH ? because I have none !

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2018, 08:01:34 am »
It's pretty simple really if you can't speak your mind on the forum without getting stripped of your diplomatic status then you're the inferior one.

When I was a courier there was always a couple of hungry cunts hanging around the base looking in the hatch trying to get the good work before it went over the radio.I'm sure taxi bases were the same.Now we dont have bases anymore we have stickers to see who the hungry cunts are.What an age to be alive..

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2018, 08:33:06 am »
Dr Anthony Clare once quipped that men must tell themselves they're happy every morning when they regard themselves in the mirror. As Saul Bellows said AGAIN......................A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.

I don't put these up for the crack lads........the illusion is that you are in control and the ignorance is perpetrated by those making money from it.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2018, 09:03:52 am »
Where did the idea that you work for them ( flag or mytaxi) come from?????
Should it not be that you are employing them?
Without drivers their app is worthless....
Where did the 12% figure come from?
You supply all the necessary expense for your business... They supply nothing....
The government here  have told uber to behave themselves....
To a great extent they have protected your livelyhood.....
Daimler ( mytaxi), Toyota, are  working together with uber to remove the taxi industry....
Its well publicised and you can do your own research....
Ken is right.... They dont give a fuk about you..... In fact they have openly stared that their intentions are to replace you.....

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2018, 11:15:33 am »
If only Mytaxi had more drivers like this turkey.

Offline SClass

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2018, 11:16:37 am »
I don't know about the rest of you but the pink cars thing would just annoy me. Maybe it's just me being an old cunt but I think all these morketing and business strategies piss off most drivers. Most drivers, like punters, only want convenience. My advice to flag would be to keep things simple. No bullshit offers for drivers or punters. Nearest car gets the job, end of. No favouritism i.e priority, hambassadorship etc. Keep everything fair and there'll never be problems except for when it's really busy, in fairness no amount of taxis can cover the work on big nights. If they wanna gain an edge make peak hours commission free and already they'll gain an edge over metaxi and all other app competitors. if the commission was set in stone would be another carrot for drivers and as low as possible. 7% would be nice :) I reckon 7% is a number that'd entice a lot of drivers. Basically if they do the opposite of metaxi they'll earn a lot of drivers, if they emulate metaxi they're fucked.

Jaysus what happened you,
 Your getting very political,
  That's a long post,

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2018, 11:42:33 am »
I think his missus let him use the Ipad!!

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2018, 11:59:25 am »
Have Mytaxi got many limos using the app ?

Show Unread Posts