Author Topic: What happens next  (Read 5840 times)

john m

Re: What happens next
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2020, 10:54:10 pm »
I wonder how seeious this think with Iran,and the US will become ?
Very.

Trump has effectively declared war on Iran.  You're not supposed to kill the other side unless they pose an immediate threat.  And that Iranian guy wasn't.  Imagine if the French assassinated the British Chief of Staff because he was a bad guy.  The British would be rightly pissed and get revenge.

Strictly speaking, American presidents are supposed to notify Congress before they do something war-like before war starts.  Trump didn't.  And the explanation he did send eventually to Congress was classified so, strictly speaking, the public won't know why he ordered it.

And since about the 1950's (the CIA were running amok in Sth America at the time), Americans (and American Presidents) are not allowed to assassinate foreign powers.  Trump's done exactly that.

Iran won't respond directly.  They don't need to since they have proxy armies in at least Syria, Iraq and the Lebanon.  Already, there's been attacks on Americans in Iraq and Kenya.  The Iraq parliament has voted to kick the Americans out.  All the world powers except Russia, Turkey & Israel have diplomatically said it was a stupid idea.  The oil price has shot up.

And it's only being, what, 2 days?

Dirty Bomb van full of dynamite and uranium dosent matter where they explode it ,it will frighten fuck out of the US and their butchering buddies .WATCH THE TURKS thats where the real story is .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 12:13:17 am »
... as in the Turks Head?

john m

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 12:23:21 am »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-libya-erdogan-idUSKBN1YU0EZ  WATCH THIS SPACE Arab league wont like Turkey trying to grab Libian Oilfields

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 12:24:27 am »
Suppose we're all sick of turkey at this stage.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 08:13:09 am »
Met a fellow from Sudan in Manchester last Thursday. He had some interesting stories to tell about the Yanks and Brits in that part of the world. There's bigger things than oil the Psychos in power are after. I never knew Sudan was called so because it was "Land of the Blacks"...another great homage to British colonialism....not to mention the French. Lord Kitchener told them Chavs that their country needed them....and they duly obliged....slaughtered.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 08:14:38 am »
... as in the Turks Head?

What a kip..........not a dartboard in sight.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2020, 10:17:44 am »
Full of benders wearing the face off each other the last time I was in there about ten years ago.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2020, 12:41:55 pm »
I don't like any of those touristy bars with their touristy prices and touristy beer... best left to tourists and those suffering from gender fluidity or homosexuality, IMO. I'll be up in the city for the darts next month, thought we might try Wetherspoons this year although I won't stay if there's any smell of traveller off it, ended up in the Oval last year which was OK but pricey.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2020, 12:44:53 pm »
I think the last time i was in The Oval was the late 80's.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2020, 12:50:09 pm »
Hasn't changed a great deal... maybe less newspaper men propping up the bar but still a few. Convenient for the Luas up to the Point Depot.

The previous year we went to the bar beside Store St Garda Station... that was OK and the barman told us the secret knock in case the darts went on past closing time, which was nice of him given that we're not regulars.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2020, 01:02:07 pm »
What comp is on in the Point this yr? Thought Citywest was the new destination for all Darts comps now?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2020, 01:05:10 pm »
Premier League, isn't it? Got me ticket for Christmas as usual... Citywest (1/4 finals) is my birthday pressie in October.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2020, 01:06:56 pm »
Roger....thought the Lidl getting done again up there might've put off them KE regs.......I loves me County.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2020, 01:07:43 pm »
It is... https://www.pdc.tv/tournament/unibet-premier-league

Night Four, Thursday February 27 - Dublin
3Arena
Tickets: ticketmaster.ie

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2020, 01:08:53 pm »
Citywest is a better venue but probably not big enough for the Premier league... and a cunt to get to.

Show Unread Posts